Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to Cambridge confirmed 13:48 - Jun 25 with 3223 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Best of luck to him. Interested to see how he does
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:49 - Jun 25 with 2460 viewsKieran_Knows

Won't be anybody left at this rate.

Good luck to the lad, shame to see him go, and would've preferred a loan deal if anything, but such is the way we seem to be operating now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:51 - Jun 25 with 2401 viewsElderGrizzly

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:49 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

Good luck to the lad, shame to see him go, and would've preferred a loan deal if anything, but such is the way we seem to be operating now.

You do wonder if we have a first refusal in there.

A shame as you say, but appears Cook, Ashton and the new owners are going to continue with a scorched earth policy
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 2391 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I rate him but realistically would he get in our team? I know we've still got work to do but couldn't see him playing regularly here once our team is assembled, would prefer him to be getting regular games!
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 with 2368 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:51 - Jun 25 by ElderGrizzly

A shame as you say, but appears Cook, Ashton and the new owners are going to continue with a scorched earth policy

By all accounts it seems to be a free transfer with a sell on clause involved? Or I suspect a nominal fee like Hawkins.

You just have to hope, that new signings are around the corner!

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:53 - Jun 25 with 2338 viewssaffers12

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 by abracaDOBRA_

I rate him but realistically would he get in our team? I know we've still got work to do but couldn't see him playing regularly here once our team is assembled, would prefer him to be getting regular games!

Anything on the fee?
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:55 - Jun 25 with 2305 viewsElderGrizzly

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

By all accounts it seems to be a free transfer with a sell on clause involved? Or I suspect a nominal fee like Hawkins.

I wonder if this is an option?

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-bonner-wants-
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:56 - Jun 25 with 2271 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:53 - Jun 25 by saffers12

Anything on the fee?

No, presume very small though like Hawkins
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:56 - Jun 25 with 2256 viewsBloomBlue

I certainly agree on the loan approach, ideally a season loan to see if he gets back to his old form, nothing to lose with that approach from what I can see
Login to get fewer ads

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:57 - Jun 25 with 2249 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think that's reasonable, to be honest. He offered us nothing last year. Good luck to him
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:00 - Jun 25 with 2159 viewsITFCBlues

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 by abracaDOBRA_

Is he any worse than injury prone Jacobs we've been linked with?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:01 - Jun 25 with 2121 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:00 - Jun 25 by ITFCBlues

Who knows, haven't seen Jacobs play for ITFC so cant compare really. Plus doesn't look like we will sign him anyway.
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:03 - Jun 25 with 2052 viewsSitfcB

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:52 - Jun 25 by Kieran_Knows

Cambridge say ‘undisclosed terms’. We say ‘undisclosed fee’.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:05 - Jun 25 with 2027 viewsJakeITFC

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:55 - Jun 25 by ElderGrizzly

I wonder if this is an option?

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-bonner-wants-

He's a free agent effectively though, so not really anything Cambridge can offer us in that regard.
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 2016 viewsclive_baker

It's a shame to see him go IMO. We need a few squad fillers, so someone on a presumably low salary like JL might've been a good option. Having said that, I thought he was awful last season. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on there, he might benefit from being in a smaller pond.

Re. Jacobs, I think we should wait until we sign players before judging, rather than who we're linked with or which number plates are seen bouncing down the A12. Burns, Evans, Harper is a good start, a good quality trio. More of the same please.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 1997 viewspointofblue

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:01 - Jun 25 by abracaDOBRA_

Who knows, haven't seen Jacobs play for ITFC so cant compare really. Plus doesn't look like we will sign him anyway.

This is news - we’re not signing Jacobs?

Best of luck for the future, Jack.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:08 - Jun 25 with 1945 viewstractorboy1978

Come off it, Jacobs has been a key component in sides that have won L1 3 times and has over 300 career appearances. Lankester played well in a couple of games 3 years ago.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 15:13]
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:09 - Jun 25 with 1930 viewsmonty_radio

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 13:51 - Jun 25 by ElderGrizzly

I thought it was the fans that started the scorched earth policy a.k.a. The Great Fire of Playford Rd

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:10 - Jun 25 with 1889 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yes.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:15 - Jun 25 with 1804 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:06 - Jun 25 by pointofblue

This is news - we’re not signing Jacobs?

Best of luck for the future, Jack.

Not saying defo wont but EADT reported that injuries were a concern so may be one we revisit late July.
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:17 - Jun 25 with 1784 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Out of interest. Why would you have preferred a loan? What has he shown since coming back from injury at either level?

Lankester is 21, at some point as supporters we are going to have to realise, that as a club, we had some quality players on the horizon and then we failed to develop them properly and burned them all.

The club under Evans bears a huge responsibility to these players and how their careers have stagnated, but it's time they, and we, moved on.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:18 - Jun 25 with 1756 viewsSitfcB

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:17 - Jun 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Out of interest. Why would you have preferred a loan? What has he shown since coming back from injury at either level?

Lankester is 21, at some point as supporters we are going to have to realise, that as a club, we had some quality players on the horizon and then we failed to develop them properly and burned them all.

The club under Evans bears a huge responsibility to these players and how their careers have stagnated, but it's time they, and we, moved on.

‘....made his professional debut for Town in October 2018 at home to QPR, featured 19 times....’

Sums it up.

Fresh start needed for all, not sure why there’s tears.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:27 - Jun 25 with 1634 viewsbobbyramsey

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:06 - Jun 25 by clive_baker

It's a shame to see him go IMO. We need a few squad fillers, so someone on a presumably low salary like JL might've been a good option. Having said that, I thought he was awful last season. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on there, he might benefit from being in a smaller pond.

Re. Jacobs, I think we should wait until we sign players before judging, rather than who we're linked with or which number plates are seen bouncing down the A12. Burns, Evans, Harper is a good start, a good quality trio. More of the same please.

If we're gonna have squad fillers we might as well have decent ones. He couldn't get into a very poor team last season so I wouldn't have rated his chances of getting into a vastly improved one this........
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:28]
Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:28 - Jun 25 with 1611 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:17 - Jun 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not sure really. I just think a full season out on loan - injury dependent of course - and if he could get back to where he was before his injury, he could've proved to be a decent player/option.

I do agree on the other hand that a fresh move away from us is probably best for all parties though. Just a shame to see another academy lad moved on.

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:31 - Jun 25 with 1545 viewsWallingford_Boy

When is Connolly signing?

RIP Sir Bobby

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:31 - Jun 25 with 1550 viewsmarchy

Jack to Cambridge confirmed on 14:27 - Jun 25 by bobbyramsey

If we're gonna have squad fillers we might as well have decent ones. He couldn't get into a very poor team last season so I wouldn't have rated his chances of getting into a vastly improved one this........
[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:28]

Let's just hope we manage to vastly improve it then eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024