Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheers Ed 22:09 - Jun 25 with 3532 viewsMetal_Hacker

Can’t say I’ve been a massive advocate of his music but that was amazing

Perception changed. That loop pedal work is crazy

Proud to be a Town supporter.

Thanks again Ed

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cheers Ed on 22:15 - Jun 25 with 2905 viewsMerseyBlue

Agreed, can't say I've ever taken the time to listen to his music and although it isn't really my thing, he works bloody hard, he's entertaining and he seems like a thoroughly nice chap.

He played at Leeds Festival when he was just breaking through and I caught the end of 'You Need Me' as I shuffled from Odd Future to Madness. I didn't think much of it at the time but he's done very well for himself and deserves his recognition.

Hopefully a long and fruitful association with the club, great stuff!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Cheers Ed on 22:17 - Jun 25 with 2859 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheers Ed on 22:15 - Jun 25 by MerseyBlue

Agreed, can't say I've ever taken the time to listen to his music and although it isn't really my thing, he works bloody hard, he's entertaining and he seems like a thoroughly nice chap.

He played at Leeds Festival when he was just breaking through and I caught the end of 'You Need Me' as I shuffled from Odd Future to Madness. I didn't think much of it at the time but he's done very well for himself and deserves his recognition.

Think I saw him finish Glastonbury one year too actually

Yeah really talented

I’d consider us very lucky

Really enjoyed it considering my usual “go to” is Fu Manchu type stoner rock

Cheers Ed on 22:18 - Jun 25 with 2853 viewsBugs

Caught the last 3 & 1/2 songs. Thought his music was bland before I watched, now think his music is slightly less bland than I originally thought.
Cheers Ed on 22:23 - Jun 25 with 2786 viewspointofblue

Cheers Ed on 22:15 - Jun 25 by MerseyBlue

Not that I can judge Ed as he is a multi-millionaire musician and I’m not but, for me, You Need Me, I Don’t Need You is probably one of his weakest songs. Considering he has I See Fire, Shape of You, Galway Girl, Perfect, The A Team, Lego House, Sing, Thinking Out Loud, Happier, I Don’t Care plus the two other numbers he played tonight (yes, I had to look at Wiki for some of them to jolt my memory) I’m just not a fan for it.

Saying that, considering the exposure he’s given the club, he can perform it during every home half time interval if he wants.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cheers Ed on 22:26 - Jun 25 with 2738 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And now for something completely different...Radiohead '97 Glastonbury, now we're talking!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Cheers Ed on 22:29 - Jun 25 with 2693 viewsSitfcB

Cheers Ed on 22:23 - Jun 25 by pointofblue

Not that I can judge Ed as he is a multi-millionaire musician and I’m not but, for me, You Need Me, I Don’t Need You is probably one of his weakest songs. Considering he has I See Fire, Shape of You, Galway Girl, Perfect, The A Team, Lego House, Sing, Thinking Out Loud, Happier, I Don’t Care plus the two other numbers he played tonight (yes, I had to look at Wiki for some of them to jolt my memory) I’m just not a fan for it.

Saying that, considering the exposure he’s given the club, he can perform it during every home half time interval if he wants.

Yeah I’m not keen on You Need Me, I don’t need you.

I’d never actually heard I See Fire until the Chantry Park gig, not sure on it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cheers Ed on 22:30 - Jun 25 with 2694 viewsMelford

I don't mind his music, I wouldn't turn it off the radio but I wouldn't buy one of his albums. But I have massive respect for what he does, he's got a microphone, a looper pedal and an electro-acoustic guitar, which I have here in my little music room where I'm typing this. To go out and play stadiums with that little setup is ***king amazing.

On another note that must make him seriously loaded. Think about The Stones, there's 4 of them (plus Darryl the bassist), they have horn sections and backing singers. Sometimes there's 20 odd people on stage. Ed does it all on his own.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Cheers Ed on 22:39 - Jun 25 with 2597 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheers Ed on 22:30 - Jun 25 by Melford

I don't mind his music, I wouldn't turn it off the radio but I wouldn't buy one of his albums. But I have massive respect for what he does, he's got a microphone, a looper pedal and an electro-acoustic guitar, which I have here in my little music room where I'm typing this. To go out and play stadiums with that little setup is ***king amazing.

On another note that must make him seriously loaded. Think about The Stones, there's 4 of them (plus Darryl the bassist), they have horn sections and backing singers. Sometimes there's 20 odd people on stage. Ed does it all on his own.

It’s bad enough when I try and use my Digitech Trio pedal but more so the Boss RC3 looper

What he does is incredible

Login to get fewer ads

Cheers Ed on 22:49 - Jun 25 with 2517 viewsMelford

Cheers Ed on 22:39 - Jun 25 by Metal_Hacker

It’s bad enough when I try and use my Digitech Trio pedal but more so the Boss RC3 looper

This is my best looper pedal song
https://soundcloud.com/luke-van-bloxam/i-know-this

Cheers Ed on 22:49 - Jun 25 with 2514 viewschrismakin

over 4.6 Million viewers saw that performance

Doubt all 4.6 watched the whole hour mind you, but that's still quite something.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cheers Ed on 22:53 - Jun 25 with 2483 viewsnorth_stand77

Cheers Ed on 22:39 - Jun 25 by Metal_Hacker

He's superb.

That was a fantastic advert for our club. I've seen him at Wembley and Chantry Park and for one person to be able to play on their own to such huge audiences, shows how talented he is.

Thanks Ed
Cheers Ed on 23:17 - Jun 25 with 2339 viewstazdac

Cheers Ed on 22:49 - Jun 25 by Melford

Cheers Ed on 23:24 - Jun 25 with 2273 viewsjeera

Cheers Ed on 22:49 - Jun 25 by Melford

KT Tunstall's a bit handy when it comes to using those things.

It's certainly another art form on top of the talent they already possess.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cheers Ed on 23:53 - Jun 25 with 2219 viewsMelford

Cheers Ed on 23:24 - Jun 25 by jeera

KT Tunstall's a bit handy when it comes to using those things.

It's certainly another art form on top of the talent they already possess.

I've done stuff with one at home recording, doing it all right first time live would take some talent/balls. KT is the one who first really did it, Ed's taken it to another level.

Cheers Ed on 23:56 - Jun 25 with 2207 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cheers Ed on 22:26 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

And now for something completely different...Radiohead '97 Glastonbury, now we're talking!

That was class
Cheers Ed on 00:00 - Jun 26 with 2188 viewsDinDjarin

Cheers Ed on 22:26 - Jun 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

I was there mud warts and all.
Cheers Ed on 00:24 - Jun 26 with 2119 viewsnorth_stand77

'Creep' by Radiohead was brilliant, as are R.E.M.
There's been some great stuff on tonight - the section on 1990's at Glasto was a particularly good watch.
Cheers Ed on 00:31 - Jun 26 with 2096 viewsSimonds92

I've seen him do You need me man, I dont need you live about 6 times, starting with a 1000 capacity sports hall, and no two performances have been the same. Its a song he edits and adapts and he loves it because it sticks 2 fingers up at the music industry that tried to manufacture him.
Cheers Ed on 00:43 - Jun 26 with 2057 viewspointofblue

Cheers Ed on 00:31 - Jun 26 by Simonds92

I've seen him do You need me man, I dont need you live about 6 times, starting with a 1000 capacity sports hall, and no two performances have been the same. Its a song he edits and adapts and he loves it because it sticks 2 fingers up at the music industry that tried to manufacture him.

I thought he changed some of it tonight. Thanks for that - the backstory does give it some depth.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cheers Ed on 06:36 - Jun 26 with 1837 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cheers Ed on 07:05 - Jun 26 with 1757 viewsBluefish

The best that he did live when I saw him was bloodstream. No where near his best song but live it was incredible

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Cheers Ed on 09:13 - Jun 26 with 1508 viewsChrisd

I’ve never been a big fan of ES and his music, but that’s probably due to the coverage his music gets on the radio; however I find my opinion of him is beginning to change.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cheers Ed on 09:46 - Jun 26 with 1418 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheers Ed on 09:13 - Jun 26 by Chrisd

I’ve never been a big fan of ES and his music, but that’s probably due to the coverage his music gets on the radio; however I find my opinion of him is beginning to change.

Likewise. Like the Mrs said last night , probably would never listened to his albums previously but heard snippets in passing.

Love though , such as last night it’s a proper artist at work

Very clever and talented

Hope he gets the recognition from the majority of the fans

Cheers Ed on 11:20 - Jun 26 with 1288 viewsStuartBrett8

I bought a loop pedal 14 years ago because of ES, I still can't get to grips with it. He's a special talent, and still only 30

Talking about loop pedals, the one time I attempted to use it at a gig was an open mic at The Rose in Norwich. I set three loops going and went and sat at the bar, beat that Sheeran :P
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 11:31]

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Cheers Ed on 13:34 - Jun 26 with 1165 viewsgreyhound

Cheers Ed on 23:53 - Jun 25 by Melford

I've done stuff with one at home recording, doing it all right first time live would take some talent/balls. KT is the one who first really did it, Ed's taken it to another level.

So this isn't a look at me post but...

When Ed was just starting he played very low down on a set of a local festival our band headlined. We all gathered round intrigued by this very young ginger lad who needed his dad to help him set up. He didn't have a loop pedal back then and circumvented it live with an ancient cassette player which someone strapped a mic to which had his backing arrangement on.

He's come a massively long way, and he's doing things how he wants to do them. His music isn't really for me. I went to a live show at Wembley and found it very dull but wasn't my genre as commented however as time goes on you can appreciate what he does more and more and especially his commitment for the club and area. We're very fortunate.

Felt sorry for him on I see fire last night however, arguably his best song and struggled to hit a note for the first minute while being drowned out by seagulls
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024