Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new season, effectively starts today 07:18 - Jun 26 with 1209 viewsmuccletonjoe

Back for pre-season training today and though it would be fair to say , there is still a long way to go, the pieces are beginning to be put into place for the starting 11.
The central pairing in midfield will surely now be ,Evans and Harper, a major upgrade on last season.
The 3 ahead of them are a long way from finalised , but I would say Burns will fill one of those and I would not be surprised at all to see Nolan return to a completely revamped midfield. Still , arrivals to come , particularly wide men.
A striker then seems almost certain to be a priority, though who this will be is unclear. I wouldn't rule out Wyke.
That would then leave defence. A new goalkeeper being top of the list, closely followed by a left back. Maybe KVY and Wolfenden will be the only survivors from last season , but I wouldn't even put my hat on that for certain.
We wanted change, we needed change.
I think it's fair to say none of us will recognise the team which takes the field against morecambe.
The new season, effectively starts today on 09:35 - Jun 26 with 1001 viewsEdmundo

I might be a bit too much of an optimist, but I think there may be one or two surprises coming up from the U-23/U-18s, and that might even include a player from last season who's suddenly realised that Man City aren't going to be racing for his signature so he needs to knuckle down and start working hard here.
Still, 2 or 3 more signings I'd reckon as well.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

The new season, effectively starts today on 10:08 - Jun 26 with 948 viewschrismakin

Wykes chasing a 3 year deal at 15k per week. Looks like we pulled the plug on that one a while back

Celtic looks most likely.

(According to social media)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The new season, effectively starts today on 10:46 - Jun 26 with 872 viewsPinewoodblue

The new season, effectively starts today on 09:35 - Jun 26 by Edmundo

I might be a bit too much of an optimist, but I think there may be one or two surprises coming up from the U-23/U-18s, and that might even include a player from last season who's suddenly realised that Man City aren't going to be racing for his signature so he needs to knuckle down and start working hard here.
Still, 2 or 3 more signings I'd reckon as well.

Hope so as an U23 squad with 30 players and far fewer games than first team is going to be difficult to manage. Players don’t develop their full potential if they don’t get enough competitive games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The new season, effectively starts today on 11:35 - Jun 26 with 816 viewsEdmundo

The new season, effectively starts today on 10:46 - Jun 26 by Pinewoodblue

Hope so as an U23 squad with 30 players and far fewer games than first team is going to be difficult to manage. Players don’t develop their full potential if they don’t get enough competitive games.

There's a few to be pulled from that 30: Lankester gone, but Bishop, Dobra, Kenlock and Jackson could go too, with hopefully (as above) one or two of those guys getting another chance.
That brings it down to 25 potentially, and we could see as many as 7 of those go out on loan elsewhere, leaving the U-23s with a nice 18 plus any youngsters that need a bigger challenge.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

The new season, effectively starts today on 13:25 - Jun 26 with 769 viewsgreyhound

The new season, effectively starts today on 10:08 - Jun 26 by chrismakin

Wykes chasing a 3 year deal at 15k per week. Looks like we pulled the plug on that one a while back

Wykes would have been a nice to have but wages were always going to stop us in the current climate. Would rather we had a few decent players at a reasonable wage than 1 that takes a large portion of the budget
The new season, effectively starts today on 14:48 - Jun 26 with 699 viewsN2_Blue

The new season, effectively starts today on 10:08 - Jun 26 by chrismakin

If thats true, he can fk right off. 15k to play in L1, and he's really not all that.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The new season, effectively starts today on 15:08 - Jun 26 with 659 viewsPhilTWTD

The new season, effectively starts today on 13:25 - Jun 26 by greyhound

Wykes would have been a nice to have but wages were always going to stop us in the current climate. Would rather we had a few decent players at a reasonable wage than 1 that takes a large portion of the budget

Not sure our interest was anything more than agent talk.
The new season, effectively starts today on 16:46 - Jun 26 with 526 viewsgreyhound

The new season, effectively starts today on 15:08 - Jun 26 by PhilTWTD

Not sure our interest was anything more than agent talk.

I knew nothing of it more a point of regardless of the talk it would have always have been a no hoper to chase.

Seems like deals are starting to move as we approach 1st July however
Login to get fewer ads

The new season, effectively starts today on 16:53 - Jun 26 with 509 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd quite like a CB next in. And a decent LB. And a striker. And..

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The new season, effectively starts today on 17:20 - Jun 26 with 448 viewsstopmoaning

The new season, effectively starts today on 16:53 - Jun 26 by J2BLUE

I'd quite like a CB next in. And a decent LB. And a striker. And..

I agree with centre back and left back, but don’t think we need a striker. Norwood is a top striker in this division and we play one up front, so Bonne, Drinan and Morris should be adequate backup? Don’t think we will be able to get someone like Wyke when we have Norwood.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024