Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy with the way things are shaping… 13:09 - Jun 26 with 1668 viewsMrTown

It’s a slow market, and you can only trade in the market conditions. Not even in July yet so still a long time to get business done. Pre season begins today and I am optimistic with the business done, business to do and squad to put together.

As things stand:

GK
K.Vincent-Young - CB - CB - LB
L.Evans - R.Harper
W.Burns - CAM - LM
J.Norwood

Additional first-team players right now: Holy, Donacien, Nsiala, Ndaba, Nolan, El Mizouni, Woolfenden, Bonne

Still suspect some further outgoings, think Donacien, Ndaba, Nolan, El Mizouni will be given chance in pre-season before they could be moved out.

Unsure on situation regarding Woolfenden, Nsiala, 2 players who have been seen and played for PC now, and haven’t been put with the u23’s, which could be an indication they might be in the fold going forward.

Anyway, stay positive all, stick with it, long long way to go in the window.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 1623 viewsBeckets

Yes it looks like Woolfenden and Nsiala are part of the plans. I’d expect Toto to be back up but think Luke has a chance of being first choice.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 1611 viewssaffers12

Norwood will not be starting
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:20 - Jun 26 with 1574 viewsSparky85

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:16 - Jun 26 by saffers12

I have a feeling he will. Really hopeful that a fully fit Norwood this year will be a big plus for us.

His goals to games ratio is good. Just needs to stay fit.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 1571 viewsMrTown

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:14 - Jun 26 by Beckets

Yes it looks like Woolfenden and Nsiala are part of the plans. I’d expect Toto to be back up but think Luke has a chance of being first choice.

I actually thought Toto was one of the few who performed quite well when Cook came in.

I also thought Luke was very very poor last season by his own standards set the season prior. Needs to find that form again.

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:21 - Jun 26 with 1566 viewsMrTown

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:16 - Jun 26 by saffers12

I wouldn’t rule that out.

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 1553 viewsBeckets

Looks like you can add Dobra in now.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:23 - Jun 26 with 1549 viewsMrTown

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:20 - Jun 26 by Sparky85

I have a feeling he will. Really hopeful that a fully fit Norwood this year will be a big plus for us.

His goals to games ratio is good. Just needs to stay fit.

As you say, all down to fitness. If he can stay fit he’d be a very good striker at this level.

Still think even with addition of Bonne we need another, a really good L1 centre forward.

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:25 - Jun 26 with 1539 viewsBeckets

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:21 - Jun 26 by MrTown

I actually thought Toto was one of the few who performed quite well when Cook came in.

I also thought Luke was very very poor last season by his own standards set the season prior. Needs to find that form again.

Agree that LW was relatively poor last season but if he can recapture the form from 2019/20 I think he’ll at least make the matchday 18 if not the starting 11.
Login to get fewer ads

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:50 - Jun 26 with 1460 viewsIpswichKnight

I thought I started to see signs of the old 🐺 with the last 3/4 games of last season. He will look a better player with a more experienced partner.

Think we will definitely see a centre half coming in along with LB.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:52 - Jun 26 with 1454 viewsITFC_Josh

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:21 - Jun 26 by MrTown

I wouldn’t rule that out.

Yes wouldn’t rule it out but QPR will be allowing Bonne to come here so that he plays regularly.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:53 - Jun 26 with 1441 viewsgtsb1966

I hope we get a keeper soon......and a decent one at that.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 14:36 - Jun 26 with 1354 viewsFixed_It

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:52 - Jun 26 by ITFC_Josh

Yes wouldn’t rule it out but QPR will be allowing Bonne to come here so that he plays regularly.

It's QPR. They will not have as much say as a Man Utd or Arsenal. We have sent many players out on loan who have hardly featured. He will need to earn his place - which is as it should be.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 14:43 - Jun 26 with 1320 viewschrismakin

He play can on the left side of the front 3 if/when needed.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 22:34 - Jun 26 with 1112 viewsMrTown

I haven’t seen enough of Macauley Bonne to know whether he will be leading the line. Other than his hot spell at Leyton Orient when he was hot property.

Don’t think he will be coming here under any conditions from QPR.

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 22:37 - Jun 26 with 1100 viewsMrTown

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 13:50 - Jun 26 by IpswichKnight

I thought I started to see signs of the old 🐺 with the last 3/4 games of last season. He will look a better player with a more experienced partner.

Think we will definitely see a centre half coming in along with LB.

Wasn’t convinced, think new season is a fresh start for him, and we know he is good enough.

Still think we need 2 CB & LB defensively.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 22:38]

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:11 - Jun 26 with 1000 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 14:43 - Jun 26 by chrismakin

He play can on the left side of the front 3 if/when needed.

Have you seen him play? You can’t just say a player can player can play in a certain position because they’ve been placed in that position before.

He’s a nuisance but he’s not a left mind or left of a front three.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:25 - Jun 26 with 951 viewsbluestandard

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 22:37 - Jun 26 by MrTown

Wasn’t convinced, think new season is a fresh start for him, and we know he is good enough.

Still think we need 2 CB & LB defensively.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 22:38]

I’m not convinced either…..clearly good enough on his day but we can say that about quite a few of the players PC has let go. Clearly looking for players who can perform week in week out and I’m not sure LW can be relied on for that.
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:29 - Jun 26 with 927 viewschrismakin

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:11 - Jun 26 by NorfolkBlue1

Have you seen him play? You can’t just say a player can player can play in a certain position because they’ve been placed in that position before.

He’s a nuisance but he’s not a left mind or left of a front three.

There was a poster earlier who shared a great piece of info on him and refers to him being able to cover that side.

I dont think weve signed him to be our no.9 specifically

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:42 - Jun 26 with 887 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:29 - Jun 26 by chrismakin

There was a poster earlier who shared a great piece of info on him and refers to him being able to cover that side.

I dont think weve signed him to be our no.9 specifically

We definitely didn’t sign him as a left winger
Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:43 - Jun 26 with 884 viewschrismakin

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 23:42 - Jun 26 by NorfolkBlue1

We definitely didn’t sign him as a left winger

We dont play with wingers.

Happy with the way things are shaping… on 15:40 - Jun 27 with 656 viewsRobTheMonk

I think Nolan is alright at this level if played as the attacking one in a three.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024