Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone think of footballers who are... 17:47 - Jun 27 with 4401 viewsCrockerITFC

Fantastic for their country but terrible in club football?
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:49 - Jun 27 with 2902 viewsfooters

Well, if you're terrible at club football, how could you play for the national side?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:49 - Jun 27 with 2899 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:50 - Jun 27 with 2884 viewsMerseyBlue

Not sure about terrible for his club, but Fellaini was always one that looked a different player in a Belgium shirt

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:50 - Jun 27 with 2860 viewsbluelagos

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:49 - Jun 27 by footers

Well, if you're terrible at club football, how could you play for the national side?

Carlton Palmer made it to the international stage.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:51 - Jun 27 with 2861 viewsCrockerITFC

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:49 - Jun 27 by footers

Terrible is the wrong choice of word but I'm looking for other examples of David Healy basically
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:51 - Jun 27 with 2858 viewsMookamoo

Pogba is bang average for Man Utd.
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:51 - Jun 27 with 2858 viewsMullet

Hal Robson Kanu

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:54 - Jun 27 with 2832 viewsTractorCam

I always thought Welbeck was fairly decent for England, yet he never really warranted being included.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 2779 viewschrismakin

Pogba

Plays likes Messi for France

But nowhere near the same levels for Utd

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:09 - Jun 27 with 2757 viewschrismakin

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 17:54 - Jun 27 by TractorCam

I always thought Welbeck was fairly decent for England, yet he never really warranted being included.

Almost the opposite to Kane lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 2756 viewsITFC_1988

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:09 - Jun 27 by chrismakin

Almost the opposite to Kane lol

Jordan Pickford - always looks assured in an England shirt, but had more than a few dodgy moments for Everton. Not that I’m suggesting he is terrible at club level, but a rare English example of someone who excels for their country.
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:23 - Jun 27 with 2726 viewsStenvict

Wijnaldum is definitely better for the Netherlands tha he is for Liverpool, but that may he down to positioning

Poll: What will be announced first?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:34 - Jun 27 with 2698 viewsWickwar_Blue

Amir Karic! 64 games for Slovenia!
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:05 - Jun 27 with 2642 viewsfabian_illness

Tomas Brolin.
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:07 - Jun 27 with 2637 viewsKieran_Knows

Kyle Lafferty.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:10 - Jun 27 with 2625 viewsBlueBadger

Going back a few years here but Gheorghe Hagi was probably the classical example of this.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 19:10]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:14 - Jun 27 with 2615 viewsSharkey

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:11 - Jun 27 by ITFC_1988

Jordan Pickford - always looks assured in an England shirt, but had more than a few dodgy moments for Everton. Not that I’m suggesting he is terrible at club level, but a rare English example of someone who excels for their country.

Robin Olsen looked very decent for Everton last season, but he’s been fantastic for Sweden in this tournament so far.
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:20 - Jun 27 with 2582 viewsvapour_trail

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 18:05 - Jun 27 by chrismakin

Pogba

Plays likes Messi for France

But nowhere near the same levels for Utd

If MU replaced Fred with Ngolo Kante, he might play that way for them as well.

Giroud is the second highest scorer of all time for France, and perennial sub for the last ten years at club level.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:22 - Jun 27 with 2564 viewsSuperblue95

Lukas Podolski and Moussa Sissoko are two that were rarely great at club level but great for their countries

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:37 - Jun 27 with 2522 viewsjudespiveyg

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:22 - Jun 27 by Superblue95

Lukas Podolski and Moussa Sissoko are two that were rarely great at club level but great for their countries

If you're having Podolski you've got to mention Miroslav Klose as well, both had similar good without being particularly great club careers, but both (especially Klose) were phenomenal for their country. The two of them combine for 120 international goals.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 19:50 - Jun 27 with 2492 viewsGiant_Midget

Sergio Romero, barely played at club level but was Argentina's number 1 for a long while.
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 20:05 - Jun 27 with 2455 viewsN2_Blue

Jon Dahl Tommasson.

Awesome for Denmark, but wasn't any where near as effective at club level and absolutely useless at Newcastle.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 20:09 - Jun 27 with 2441 viewsNthQldITFC

Harbey was mint for England.

EDIT: Hang on, sorry, I'm getting him confused with Ashley Cole again.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 20:10]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 20:11 - Jun 27 with 2432 viewsPhilTWTD

David Healy!
Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 20:12 - Jun 27 with 2422 viewsstopmoaning

Can anyone think of footballers who are... on 20:11 - Jun 27 by PhilTWTD

David Healy!

That’s what I came here to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024