Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley advice 08:54 - Jun 28 with 3667 viewsHullblue

If you've been to any of the England games so far, how does the Covid test thing work? Are they just handing them out outside? Or do I need to go and get one from somewhere? On the Uefa website it says they're free so I presume they just hand them out but it's not super clear.

Also, how does drinking beer work when you have to wear a mask everywhere except in your seat, and you're not allowed to drink in view of the pitch?

Thanks!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Wembley advice on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 2946 viewsSitfcB

You need to get one. I ordered mine online at 5pm and they came the next day. Or you can get one from a walk in site. They take 1/2 an hour to reveal the result. Register the result online to get your text/email and you just have to show the text to the stewards, this is before you even get near the turnstiles.

Don’t have to wear a mask in the concourse when eating/drinking, didn’t wear the mask when at my seat either.

Come to think of it ‘vertical drinking’ is banned everywhere apart from football and it was nice to actually get served at a bar!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 8:59]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wembley advice on 09:13 - Jun 28 with 2867 viewsHullblue

Wembley advice on 08:58 - Jun 28 by SitfcB

You need to get one. I ordered mine online at 5pm and they came the next day. Or you can get one from a walk in site. They take 1/2 an hour to reveal the result. Register the result online to get your text/email and you just have to show the text to the stewards, this is before you even get near the turnstiles.

Don’t have to wear a mask in the concourse when eating/drinking, didn’t wear the mask when at my seat either.

Come to think of it ‘vertical drinking’ is banned everywhere apart from football and it was nice to actually get served at a bar!

Awesome, thanks Sitters!

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Wembley advice on 09:17 - Jun 28 with 2855 viewshammo56

Yep you can get a testing kit from some chemists. I get mine from our local library.
With regards to face masks once inside the stadium even on the concourse the majority of people don’t wear them.
Once in you are in your seat and facing the pitch you don’t have to wear them.
Wembley advice on 09:29 - Jun 28 with 2816 viewsSitfcB

Wembley advice on 09:13 - Jun 28 by Hullblue

Awesome, thanks Sitters!

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wembley advice on 09:52 - Jun 28 with 2758 viewsTractorCam

Wembley advice on 09:17 - Jun 28 by hammo56

Yep you can get a testing kit from some chemists. I get mine from our local library.
With regards to face masks once inside the stadium even on the concourse the majority of people don’t wear them.
Once in you are in your seat and facing the pitch you don’t have to wear them.

Technically you do have to wear them, you should at all times, but obviously majority don't given you're outside, singing etc so they stop caring.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Wembley advice on 09:57 - Jun 28 with 2738 viewsSteve_M

To add to the below, you can get in using the NHS App if you have had both shots of the vaccine at least two weeks prior to the event.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/london/stadium/

Levels of mask wearing inside the concourse were not high last week, although most people were wearing them at the busier points - gangways to seats, toiles, bar queues.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wembley advice on 10:07 - Jun 28 with 2718 viewsbluelagos

Wembley advice on 09:57 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

To add to the below, you can get in using the NHS App if you have had both shots of the vaccine at least two weeks prior to the event.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/london/stadium/

Levels of mask wearing inside the concourse were not high last week, although most people were wearing them at the busier points - gangways to seats, toiles, bar queues.

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

You can also get a CV "passport" (As in proof of vaccination) using the above rather than the NHS app.

A certificate sits on your phone and can be used as proof of vaccination.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wembley advice on 10:09 - Jun 28 with 2703 viewsKeno

and obviously, I know this goes without saying, you need to park at Gatwick

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Wembley advice on 10:45 - Jun 28 with 2655 viewsSteve_M

Wembley advice on 10:07 - Jun 28 by bluelagos

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

You can also get a CV "passport" (As in proof of vaccination) using the above rather than the NHS app.

A certificate sits on your phone and can be used as proof of vaccination.

Oh yes, should do that. The NHS App tried to take me into that when I was in the queue to get in last week which wasn't the best timing.

Although looking at it is only valid for 30 days at a time but better than trying to get the app to work with limited signal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wembley advice on 11:42 - Jun 28 with 2566 viewsKTBlue

Wembley advice on 08:58 - Jun 28 by SitfcB

Do you know how close to the game you need to do the test? I'm going next wednesday, could I do the test the day befopre do you know?
Wembley advice on 11:49 - Jun 28 with 2538 viewsTractorCam

Wembley advice on 11:42 - Jun 28 by KTBlue

Do you know how close to the game you need to do the test? I'm going next wednesday, could I do the test the day befopre do you know?

Within 48 hours of the game.

Wembley advice on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 2533 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wembley advice on 11:42 - Jun 28 by KTBlue

48 hours before
Wembley advice on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 2532 viewsKTBlue

Wembley advice on 11:49 - Jun 28 by TractorCam

Within 48 hours of the game.

excellent, cheers
Wembley advice on 12:05 - Jun 28 with 2506 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I am a volunteer at Wembley for all the games being played there, apart from the final. Apart from the testing I would recommend arriving early if only to soak up the atmosphere around the ground and London Designer shopping area. Try and check out the England Band playing on the top balcony of the Hilton hotel , opposite the Arena!
The ceremony with both teams shirt flags is also worth watching. This happens around twenty minutes before the start and before the players come out.
If you have not been lately the walk up Olympic Way (us oldies know it as Wembley way) is a must.
There is a TGI Fridays next to the ground and The White Horse pub opposite the Arena is seconds from the ground.
You might of course know all of this but whatever, enjoy the experience and of course the game.
Alternatively.... on 12:44 - Jun 28 with 2456 viewsBloots

Wembley advice on 12:05 - Jun 28 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I am a volunteer at Wembley for all the games being played there, apart from the final. Apart from the testing I would recommend arriving early if only to soak up the atmosphere around the ground and London Designer shopping area. Try and check out the England Band playing on the top balcony of the Hilton hotel , opposite the Arena!
The ceremony with both teams shirt flags is also worth watching. This happens around twenty minutes before the start and before the players come out.
If you have not been lately the walk up Olympic Way (us oldies know it as Wembley way) is a must.
There is a TGI Fridays next to the ground and The White Horse pub opposite the Arena is seconds from the ground.
You might of course know all of this but whatever, enjoy the experience and of course the game.

....get on it early the in the City or West End depending on where you are coming in from.

Head to Baker Street and chuck some more down your neck in The Globe, stand outside, sing some songs.

Stop off at Finchley Road for a slash and a couple more in the North Star, then get the last possible tube to the ground, leg it up Wembley Way and arrive 1 min before kick off.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Wembley advice on 13:03 - Jun 28 with 2401 viewshammo56

Wembley advice on 09:52 - Jun 28 by TractorCam

Technically you do have to wear them, you should at all times, but obviously majority don't given you're outside, singing etc so they stop caring.

Not when you are in your seat and you are facing the pitch.
Under the terms and conditions on the Euro 2020 app it clearly states this.
Wembley advice on 13:07 - Jun 28 with 2380 viewsstonojnr

Wembley advice on 09:52 - Jun 28 by TractorCam

the reality we found, is these volunteer stewards give up bothering to enforce it during the game, they just spend all match with these PA announcements telling you to do it instead.

but they will endlessly bug people about it if you are sitting in the stands before kick off without a mask, or not sitting with a seat gap between you, and no amount of but them folk over there arent being bothered by you for doing the same thing works, even when the cameras are showing groups of fans all doing the same things on the big screen and no one is hassling them, partly I think because it gives these stewards something to do as else they are just standing around the whole time looking bored,and obviously during the game they are watching the match, but they do avoid tackling the more boisterous groups.

but order the lateral flow test kits online from the government they turn up literally the next day & admire the irony the box turns up with a big made in China sticker on it.the test just needs to be taken within 48hrs of the gates opening for the match. I did mine 24hrs before, and you just show the text it was a pass.
Wembley advice on 13:12 - Jun 28 with 2364 viewsStenvict

Anyone else think the testing is a joke? I went to Ascot last week and was worried I wouldn't be able to go if I had a positive test, then I realised you have to choose what the result was online. If someone was desperate to go, but had a positive test result, they can still put negative and have a text message proving it was negative. Absolute nonsense.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Wembley advice on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 2306 viewshammo56

Wembley advice on 13:12 - Jun 28 by Stenvict

Anyone else think the testing is a joke? I went to Ascot last week and was worried I wouldn't be able to go if I had a positive test, then I realised you have to choose what the result was online. If someone was desperate to go, but had a positive test result, they can still put negative and have a text message proving it was negative. Absolute nonsense.

Totally agree. Did my one for the Germany game this morning.
Wembley advice on 13:47 - Jun 28 with 2293 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wembley advice on 13:12 - Jun 28 by Stenvict

I agree but its to cover the event if anything like an outbreak was to happen.

Of course they cant monitor as you can literally put negative on the app even if you were positive, but its just something to cover their backs
Wembley advice on 14:07 - Jun 28 with 2268 viewsTractorCam

Wembley advice on 13:03 - Jun 28 by hammo56

Not when you are in your seat and you are facing the pitch.
Under the terms and conditions on the Euro 2020 app it clearly states this.

No, there is a blaring message out of the PA system every 5/10 minutes saying you must wear your mask at all times.

Wembley advice on 14:54 - Jun 28 with 2207 viewshammo56

Wembley advice on 14:07 - Jun 28 by TractorCam

No, there is a blaring message out of the PA system every 5/10 minutes saying you must wear your mask at all times.

I know as I’ve had to listen to the bloody thing at all 3 group games.
But as I say on the app it states that you don’t have too and even for the game tomorrow it is giving the same advice. Even the FA have said this with the tickets issued through the official travel club.
Once again just a case of UEFA not knowing what they are doing.
Wembley advice on 15:03 - Jun 28 with 2187 viewsbluelagos

Wembley advice on 10:45 - Jun 28 by Steve_M

Oh yes, should do that. The NHS App tried to take me into that when I was in the queue to get in last week which wasn't the best timing.

Although looking at it is only valid for 30 days at a time but better than trying to get the app to work with limited signal.

Wtf is that 30 days all about? In 30 days my vaccination record is still valid...

Wonder if it's cos they are going to do top ups and you'll need to prove your topped up too?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Wembley advice on 15:05 - Jun 28 with 2179 viewsKieran_Knows

Wembley advice on 13:47 - Jun 28 by abracaDOBRA_

I agree but its to cover the event if anything like an outbreak was to happen.

Of course they cant monitor as you can literally put negative on the app even if you were positive, but its just something to cover their backs

Do you have to have the app to record your results? Can you do it online and then have a message/email sent to you with your result on?

Going to the final in a couple of weeks and have ordered the tests this morning and just want to be sure on what I'm doing when I take the test 24-48 hours beforehand.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wembley advice on 15:07 - Jun 28 with 2172 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Wembley advice on 15:05 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

Do you have to have the app to record your results? Can you do it online and then have a message/email sent to you with your result on?

Going to the final in a couple of weeks and have ordered the tests this morning and just want to be sure on what I'm doing when I take the test 24-48 hours beforehand.

Mine wouldn't go on the COVID app so I did it on the gov website. It depends which test you take, if its from home or a centre. They then text or email you the result you put in so you have proof that you done it and it was negative. So show them that at the door.

Am going tomorrow so will let u know how I get on with it. But as long as you have proof or both vaccines!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024