Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre Backs 15:34 - Jun 28 with 1624 viewsWallingford_Boy

We need some don't we?

Woolfie, Baggott and Ndaba as young cover, but we need a couple of experienced ones as first choice.

And no, not Nsiala!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 15:35]

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre Backs on 15:37 - Jun 28 with 1268 viewsRobTheMonk

We need an experienced talker to boss the back line in my opinion.
Centre Backs on 15:40 - Jun 28 with 1236 viewsWickets

Left sided centre back in the mould of Berra would be ideal .
Centre Backs on 15:41 - Jun 28 with 1236 viewsbelgablue

Defo. Woolfie is another horribly overrated because he came through the youth system. Baggott is a kid and Ndaba who knows.

We need proper units, knocking bricks out of all comers and scoring thumping headers. i.e Tony Mowbray.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Centre Backs on 15:41 - Jun 28 with 1232 viewsVic

One experienced CB will do. Someone like De Vos or St Mobray would be ideal. Nsiala or Baggot will be ok as deputies when needed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Centre Backs on 15:43 - Jun 28 with 1210 viewsVic

Centre Backs on 15:41 - Jun 28 by belgablue

Defo. Woolfie is another horribly overrated because he came through the youth system. Baggott is a kid and Ndaba who knows.

We need proper units, knocking bricks out of all comers and scoring thumping headers. i.e Tony Mowbray.

Disagree re Woolfie. I really don’t think he is over rated - I think he’s just been the victim of playing alongside poor players in a poor team with poor coaching. He was superb when he first came in and did well when loaned out. IMHO he’s got the making of a really good player - just needs some time alongside a leader.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Centre Backs on 15:43 - Jun 28 with 1202 viewsjayessess

Centre Backs on 15:41 - Jun 28 by belgablue

Is that not what Nsiala is?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Definitely need a leader CB.. Nsiala is not that bad, and NDaba had a storming.. on 15:48 - Jun 28 with 1158 viewsunstableblue

... loan in Scotland,

Is he left sided? like Baggot.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Centre Backs on 15:50 - Jun 28 with 1138 viewsronnyd

Centre Backs on 15:43 - Jun 28 by jayessess

Is that not what Nsiala is?

Can't really say Mowbray and Nsiala in the same sentence
Oh, i just have.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 15:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Definitely need a leader CB.. Nsiala is not that bad, and NDaba had a storming.. on 15:51 - Jun 28 with 1113 viewsWallingford_Boy

Definitely need a leader CB.. Nsiala is not that bad, and NDaba had a storming.. on 15:48 - Jun 28 by unstableblue

... loan in Scotland,

Is he left sided? like Baggot.

From what little I've seen of him, Ndaba looks very good indeed. Ahead of Baggott and might get the nod ahead of Woolfie even.

But rather two new CBs came in and Nsiala was sold to Swindon for £55k.

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre Backs on 15:52 - Jun 28 with 1103 viewsclive_baker

I think Ndaba and Baggott are far too raw to be considered likely starters. I would be surprised if they make 10 starts between them.

We really only have Toto and Woolfy, so I fully expect movement in that area. I expect Cook doesn't mind Toto, what with him being an adopted scouser. I'm sure there will be at least 1 senior head to come in at centre half.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Centre Backs on 15:52 - Jun 28 with 1103 viewsFPL_Tractor

We definitely have to be in the market for one. The ideal partner for Woolfenden would be a leader, organiser type tall and left sided. After Sonny Bradley (absolutely perfect fit) I’m not sure who else fits the bill.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Centre Backs on 15:53 - Jun 28 with 1089 viewsjayessess

Centre Backs on 15:50 - Jun 28 by ronnyd

Can't really say Mowbray and Nsiala in the same sentence
Oh, i just have.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 15:51]

Was more commenting on the "proper unit" thing. Mowbray was more than that, he read the game well, organised the defence, made good decisions, anticipated.

Definitely need a leader CB.. Nsiala is not that bad, and NDaba had a storming.. on 15:58 - Jun 28 with 1051 viewsunstableblue

Definitely need a leader CB.. Nsiala is not that bad, and NDaba had a storming.. on 15:51 - Jun 28 by Wallingford_Boy

From what little I've seen of him, Ndaba looks very good indeed. Ahead of Baggott and might get the nod ahead of Woolfie even.

But rather two new CBs came in and Nsiala was sold to Swindon for £55k.

Funnily Ndaba was seen as the next best thing, but then had a bad start to one pre-season... year before I believe and looked like he was on the way out............ but good scottish loan and all good again

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Centre Backs on 16:00 - Jun 28 with 1021 viewsSaigonTractor

I'm still shocked at the hate Nsiala gets. I know it's not exactly a high bar but he was easily one of our better performers last season. And can clearly do a job at this level.
Centre Backs on 16:01 - Jun 28 with 1014 viewsWallingford_Boy

Centre Backs on 15:52 - Jun 28 by clive_baker

I think Ndaba and Baggott are far too raw to be considered likely starters. I would be surprised if they make 10 starts between them.

We really only have Toto and Woolfy, so I fully expect movement in that area. I expect Cook doesn't mind Toto, what with him being an adopted scouser. I'm sure there will be at least 1 senior head to come in at centre half.

Ndaba possibly, but certainly not Baggott, Woolfie as back up is fine.

Definitely not Toto, he is just a liability.

I guess we have Donacien too.

RIP Sir Bobby

Centre Backs on 16:04 - Jun 28 with 978 viewsjayessess

Centre Backs on 16:01 - Jun 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Ndaba possibly, but certainly not Baggott, Woolfie as back up is fine.

Definitely not Toto, he is just a liability.

I guess we have Donacien too.

Ndaba played in multiple positions for Ayr (LB, CB, DM), so a very useful one to have around if Cook decides he's got the quality.

Centre Backs on 16:05 - Jun 28 with 967 viewsdirtyboy

Centre Backs on 15:37 - Jun 28 by RobTheMonk

We need an experienced talker to boss the back line in my opinion.

Andrew Marr?
Centre Backs on 16:07 - Jun 28 with 948 viewsNazemariner

What we need desperately is an experienced, hairy, calf raking man mountain of a centre back.
Centre Backs on 16:15 - Jun 28 with 919 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Centre Backs on 16:05 - Jun 28 by dirtyboy

Andrew Marr?

Andrew Neill is available on a free, contract terminated at GB News by mutual consent.

Could do a job for a season, at this level?
Centre Backs on 16:16 - Jun 28 with 912 viewsKieran_Knows

It wouldn't surprise me to see Baggott be part of the first team next season. I know he was one that Cook was impressed with, and I think he wanted to give him a game at the end of the season but couldn't because of his loan at Kings Lynn.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Centre Backs on 16:40 - Jun 28 with 822 viewsGuthrum

Yes Nsiala! Or at least worth serious consideration.

He's given away two or three penalties in his Town career, against blocking a heck of a lot of goal-bound shots - I doubt all of which would have been saved.

The major negative for me would be his ability to play out from the back, or lack thereof.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Can people start calling him by his full name please..... on 16:42 - Jun 28 with 806 viewsBloots

....it's not Nsiala.

It's Nsiala-Lol.

Thanks.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Centre Backs on 16:43 - Jun 28 with 802 viewschrismakin

Centre Backs on 16:00 - Jun 28 by SaigonTractor

I'm still shocked at the hate Nsiala gets. I know it's not exactly a high bar but he was easily one of our better performers last season. And can clearly do a job at this level.

I don't see any issue with Toto and Wolfy TBH, with 2 better fullbacks and a solid keeper.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Centre Backs on 16:45 - Jun 28 with 778 viewsFPL_Tractor

Centre Backs on 16:15 - Jun 28 by ArnoldMoorhen

Andrew Neill is available on a free, contract terminated at GB News by mutual consent.

Could do a job for a season, at this level?

Unfortunately we’re looking for someone left sided. Is Polly Toynbee available?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Centre Backs on 16:47 - Jun 28 with 768 viewsMrTown

What I would say is Nsiala was one of the better performers under PauL Cook.

Need 2x CB though - Woolfenden was very poor last year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024