Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town signings that exceeded expectations 21:07 - Jun 28 with 2942 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's fair to say that Matt Penney has been the signing so far that has generated the least excitement so far this summer. That is of course, not to say he can't go on and prove himself a shrewd signing, though from maybe being more of a squad player to begin with.

It's got me thinking though, which signings in ITFC history have gone on to have a much bigger impact than first thought when they joined. Tarrico is the one that springs most readily to mind.

Any others?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:08 - Jun 28 with 2351 viewschrismakin

Mings

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:10 - Jun 28 with 2316 viewsgainsboroughblue

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:08 - Jun 28 by chrismakin

Mings

Yep. Can't really argue with that!

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:10 - Jun 28 with 2312 viewsSuperblue95

Murphy when he signed permanently

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:10 - Jun 28 with 2308 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mark Venus.

Was very underwhelmed when he came as part of the Sedgeley deal.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:13 - Jun 28 with 2286 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tarrico, think he was only signed to help Paz settle in.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:14 - Jun 28 with 2265 viewsMattinLondon

Alan Lee.
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 with 2258 viewsgainsboroughblue

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:13 - Jun 28 by BlueandTruesince82

Tarrico, think he was only signed to help Paz settle in.

I mentioned him in the OP but you may have missed it in amongst the rest of the text.

I just remember that debut of his v Bolton in the League Cup. Absolutely not a sign of things to come a year or so later.

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 with 2259 viewshomer_123

Aaron Cresswell

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 with 2255 viewsHipsterectomy

Jon Walters - didn't we sign him cheap as he played well against us in an fa cup match

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

[Redacted] on 21:22 - Jun 28 with 2173 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:22 - Jun 28 with 2139 viewsAsa

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 by gainsboroughblue

I mentioned him in the OP but you may have missed it in amongst the rest of the text.

I just remember that debut of his v Bolton in the League Cup. Absolutely not a sign of things to come a year or so later.

Just goes to show!

Taricco’s debut was one of the worst performances I’d ever seen from a Town player. Whole side was abysmal but he was the worst. If I recall, 3-0 home defeat to a side a division below.

Then he became one of my favourite players of all time. What a player.
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:23 - Jun 28 with 2128 viewsMetal_Hacker

Thijssen

Poll: If it were one or the other

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:23 - Jun 28 with 2129 viewsChrisd

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 by Hipsterectomy

Jon Walters - didn't we sign him cheap as he played well against us in an fa cup match

If my memory serves me well £100,000

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:24 - Jun 28 with 2100 viewsSwansea_Blue

Drinan. I thought he wouldn't be up to much, but he far exceeded that expectation!

Sorry, that's harsh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:27 - Jun 28 with 2044 viewshowdonblue

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:10 - Jun 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mark Venus.

Was very underwhelmed when he came as part of the Sedgeley deal.

Wasn't he superb though 👍
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:27 - Jun 28 with 2041 viewschrismakin

Tony Mowbray.

Old. Past it. Journeyman

Oh what I'd give for a mowbray now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:28 - Jun 28 with 2022 viewsnorfsufblue

Jamie Clapham.... didn't even know we'd signed him till I saw him warming up on the pitch.... absolutely stonking player for GB
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:30 - Jun 28 with 1969 viewsChurchman

Steve Whitton.

Why waste money on dross like him thought I. Looks like he’s carrying a dozen bricks on a hod.

Proved to be a big part of the 1991/92 Div 2 Winning team.
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:41 - Jun 28 with 1865 viewsMattinLondon

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:27 - Jun 28 by howdonblue

Wasn't he superb though 👍

Very underrated, he had a wonderful left foot
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:43 - Jun 28 with 1838 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:15 - Jun 28 by gainsboroughblue

I did indeed miss that. Arse

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:44 - Jun 28 with 1829 viewsSimonds92

Shefki
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:46 - Jun 28 with 1795 viewsMeadowlark

Bryan Hamilton
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:47 - Jun 28 with 1775 viewsPippin1970

Gus Uhlenbeek
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 21:48 - Jun 28 with 1761 viewsMeadowlark

Bobby Robson?
Town signings that exceeded expectations on 22:38 - Jun 28 with 1556 viewshoppy

Wilnis was another, brought in to replace Treacle, didn’t think he’d be much of a replacement, but gave us 10 years very good service

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024