Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again 07:02 - Jun 29 with 8442 viewsElderGrizzly

Utter scum. Whoever is in charge of police protection for officials should be ashamed.

Witty has been made a target by the CRG and various lockdown and Covid sceptics and this assault shouldn’t be allowed.

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:04 - Jun 29 with 3620 viewswkj

The lunatics are starting to take over the Asylum - UK Edition.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:07 - Jun 29 with 3600 viewsBlueBadger

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:04 - Jun 29 by wkj

'Starting'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:08 - Jun 29 with 3579 views26_Paz

The first one was a child making some stupid remarks, can kind of laugh that one off. This one is grown men though and looks more intimidating. Ridiculous behaviour.

The Paz Man

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:08 - Jun 29 with 3587 viewswkj

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:07 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

'Starting'?

We're not full-on Capitol Riots... yet

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:16 - Jun 29 with 3563 viewsBlueBadger

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:08 - Jun 29 by 26_Paz

The first one was a child making some stupid remarks, can kind of laugh that one off. This one is grown men though and looks more intimidating. Ridiculous behaviour.

They just have Very Real Concerns and we should not be calling them Howwid Things, you monstrous bully.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:17 - Jun 29 with 3533 views26_Paz

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:16 - Jun 29 by BlueBadger

They just have Very Real Concerns and we should not be calling them Howwid Things, you monstrous bully.

What?

The Paz Man

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:21 - Jun 29 with 3534 viewseastangliaisblue

What utter scumbags. They both deserve to be sat on their ars3s.
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:27 - Jun 29 with 3505 viewsMerseyBlue

Pretty depressing that someone who has carried themselves with professionalism and integrity is being targeted like this after everything he's done for us all.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:49 - Jun 29 with 3448 viewsStokieBlue

Awful.

Some people are just tw*ts.

There is even a police van in the background, you'd have though they would have be around somewhere to stop this.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:56 - Jun 29 with 3416 viewsWeWereZombies

It is stupid behaviour by those two eejits.

But I just wanted to point out that reading in table view (or am I reading in thread view, I can never tell) the header reads 'Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again by ElderGrizzly', not really the type of behaviour we expect from one of the forums more sane heads...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:02 - Jun 29 with 3383 viewsElderGrizzly

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:56 - Jun 29 by WeWereZombies

It is stupid behaviour by those two eejits.

But I just wanted to point out that reading in table view (or am I reading in thread view, I can never tell) the header reads 'Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again by ElderGrizzly', not really the type of behaviour we expect from one of the forums more sane heads...

Ha. I could only take so many “next slide please”
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:03 - Jun 29 with 3380 viewsnoggin

Drunken idiots acting like dicks. Having said that, I'm not sure it warrants being the main news story of the day.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 8:13]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:08 - Jun 29 with 3351 viewsmrshallisfit

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 07:04 - Jun 29 by wkj

Not lunatics. just white trash knuckle-draggers, of the type only this green and pleasant land could produce.
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:12 - Jun 29 with 3327 viewsElderGrizzly

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:03 - Jun 29 by noggin

Drunken idiots acting like dicks. Having said that, I'm not sure it warrants being the main news story of the day.

This is the problem. Certain news sources have ‘normalised’ assault

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:21 - Jun 29 with 3290 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:12 - Jun 29 by ElderGrizzly

This is the problem. Certain news sources have ‘normalised’ assault

He’s not been assaulted. Harassed maybe. Storm in a tea cup.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:24 - Jun 29 with 3274 viewsElderGrizzly

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:21 - Jun 29 by ShropshireBluenago09

So if people grab you, requiring you to wriggle out of a ‘headlock’ on the way to work, that is just a bit of bantz?

FFS
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:25 - Jun 29 with 3259 viewsnoggin

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:21 - Jun 29 by ShropshireBluenago09

I suppose the point is, without close protection, it could have been someone with an uglier agenda.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:33 - Jun 29 with 3231 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:24 - Jun 29 by ElderGrizzly

So if people grab you, requiring you to wriggle out of a ‘headlock’ on the way to work, that is just a bit of bantz?

FFS

No not at all. If you are in the public eye and have almost an iconic status like Witty then there is always a risk of this. Not condoning it.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:04 - Jun 29 with 3118 viewsStokieBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:33 - Jun 29 by ShropshireBluenago09

No not at all. If you are in the public eye and have almost an iconic status like Witty then there is always a risk of this. Not condoning it.

This is absolute rubbish.

First you say it's not assault when clearly anyone manhandling you like that could be categorised this way and then you say that people in the public eye run this risk.

You're missing the whole point, people in the public eye shouldn't have to run any risk, they are doing a job, just because people see them doing it doesn't mean they should be treated any differently.

You might not be condoning it but you're posts do normalise it and that's not really OK.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:09 - Jun 29 with 3094 viewsWallingford_Boy

Assault?! LOL

Yes, they were over the top and shouldn't have put their arm around him, but its hardly assault.

Media being media again.

RIP Sir Bobby

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:13 - Jun 29 with 3067 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:03 - Jun 29 by noggin

Must say when I saw the thread I was expecting an anti-COVID crowd pushing and shoving him or worse, not a couple of drunken d*cks basically going ‘wheyyyyy it’s Chris Whitty’

Unless I've missed something anyway

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:16 - Jun 29 with 3051 viewsSouperJim

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 08:24 - Jun 29 by ElderGrizzly

FFS

I'm sure it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience for him, but it's not like he was given a kicking is it. Hardly newsworthy in my humble opinion.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:23 - Jun 29 with 3008 viewsSouperJim

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:04 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

This is absolute rubbish.

First you say it's not assault when clearly anyone manhandling you like that could be categorised this way and then you say that people in the public eye run this risk.

You're missing the whole point, people in the public eye shouldn't have to run any risk, they are doing a job, just because people see them doing it doesn't mean they should be treated any differently.

You might not be condoning it but you're posts do normalise it and that's not really OK.

SB

Unfortunately this kind of behaviour is fairly normal in the UK. Doesn't mean it's ok, but I don't think someone saying so on a football forum is going to have much of an impact.

No it shouldn't happen, but in the same breath what is depicted in the video is hardly a serious assault worthy of the level of attention and outrage it will now get. Why give them the platform?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:38 - Jun 29 with 2942 viewsHighgateBlue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:09 - Jun 29 by Wallingford_Boy

Assault?! LOL

Yes, they were over the top and shouldn't have put their arm around him, but its hardly assault.

Media being media again.

To be fair, Sky News uses the words harassed and manhandled, not assault(ed).

It's perfectly legitimate to report on this, especially as it's hardly an isolated incident when it comes to public servants just trying to do their jobs. Whitty is an expert, his role is not political, he must be f-ing knackered, and we're very lucky to have him on the case. Something like this might make him just not want to bother any longer.
Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:49 - Jun 29 with 2903 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chris Witty being harassed and assaulted again on 09:16 - Jun 29 by SouperJim

I'm sure it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience for him, but it's not like he was given a kicking is it. Hardly newsworthy in my humble opinion.

True, it's a nuisance more than anything, although he shouldn't have to put up with idiots like this. That video sums up the state of the UK quite nicely. On one side a professional trying to do his job under trying circumstances, and on the other a couple of dickheads.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024