Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else 12:39 - Jun 29 with 1059 viewscressi

Would you like to leave and be upgraded and who would you keep as a squad filler
Who else on 12:43 - Jun 29 with 1033 viewsTractorCam

Depends what players count as squad fillers and what ones are already being binned?

I like Donacien and hope he stays as a back up as he's always been really.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who else on 13:12 - Jun 29 with 955 viewswkj

I know this is divisive - but I really don't want to see Jackson, Toto and Norwood remain at the club. Get a couple of new strikers fighting for the top spot and giving Cook a headache on the pitch.

If I was being consistent I would say Nolan too, but I know we've not seen close to his best in a Town shirt - maybe Cook's intervention would be like having a new player.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who else on 13:20 - Jun 29 with 927 viewsSixtoP

This might be an unpopular opinion but I can't wait to see the back of Holy, it's like he won a competition to be our Keeper and his fundamentals are awful.

Additional to that Teddy and Jackson.
Who else on 13:25 - Jun 29 with 905 viewsVic

I wouldn’t be fussed if no one else left - I’d like to see then knuckle down and see what they can do in a squad of better players.

I’d like to see an experience CB, a left back (Penny sounds OK to me), a left winger and an out and out goal scorer (+ Crooks of course)

Surely we need to keep some of the present players of we won’t have a squad. If we buy 11 new players then we need to keep 11 of the existing ones.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:27]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who else on 13:29 - Jun 29 with 885 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If Jackson stays then it gives me hope that at the age of 45 my dreams of making it as a first team regular are still alive.

The man is a fraud.
Who else on 13:35 - Jun 29 with 854 viewsclive_baker

Who else on 13:20 - Jun 29 by SixtoP

This might be an unpopular opinion but I can't wait to see the back of Holy, it's like he won a competition to be our Keeper and his fundamentals are awful.

Additional to that Teddy and Jackson.

Holy's absolutely terrible.

Reassuringly, Cook has identified that though. At worst he's our backup, and perhaps helpful in onboarding Hladky as a fellow Czech, but more likely I think he's probably off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who else on 13:56 - Jun 29 with 784 viewsChurchman

Nolan and Jackson. Nolan has made 61 appearances in 3 seasons. His career at the age of 29 has been League 1 at best. One good season at Shrewsbury with Hurst and that’s it. If we are serious about getting out of this league, we should say goodbye and look for better or at least somebody with promise.

Jackson. Allegedly cost £1m. Jeez, Accrington must have thought Evans had put the decimal point in the wrong place on the cheque before starting the party after it had cleared.

I’d keep Norwood maybe till Christmas and see if there’s any improvement in fitness and attitude. Ok it takes him god knows how many chances to score, but this is the lower leagues and he can put himself about. He has got a decent goals ratio, when he gets around to playing.

Holy - if his attitude is good, keep him as back up. If he wants away, see you later.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:58]
Who else on 14:22 - Jun 29 with 736 viewsVic

Who else on 13:56 - Jun 29 by Churchman

Nolan and Jackson. Nolan has made 61 appearances in 3 seasons. His career at the age of 29 has been League 1 at best. One good season at Shrewsbury with Hurst and that’s it. If we are serious about getting out of this league, we should say goodbye and look for better or at least somebody with promise.

Jackson. Allegedly cost £1m. Jeez, Accrington must have thought Evans had put the decimal point in the wrong place on the cheque before starting the party after it had cleared.

I’d keep Norwood maybe till Christmas and see if there’s any improvement in fitness and attitude. Ok it takes him god knows how many chances to score, but this is the lower leagues and he can put himself about. He has got a decent goals ratio, when he gets around to playing.

Holy - if his attitude is good, keep him as back up. If he wants away, see you later.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:58]

My question is, If we get rid of these guys who have we got better as reserves?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Who else on 14:45 - Jun 29 with 712 viewsChurchman

Who else on 14:22 - Jun 29 by Vic

My question is, If we get rid of these guys who have we got better as reserves?

If we don’t have or can’t promote from the u23s/yoofs or bring in better then they have to stay until we can.

Putting pragmatism aside, I guess I am wanting to expunge all trace of Evans, Lambert, Hurst and their players.
Who else on 14:53 - Jun 29 with 684 viewsButterbing

Remaining squad from last year:

Holy - Get Rid
Woolfenden - Keep
Jackson - Get Rid
Norwood - Keep
Nolan - Keep
Donacien - Backup (if wages are low enough to justify)
Bishop - Get Rid (Reluctantly)
Ndaba - Backup
Downes - Try to reintegrate if possible, if not get rid.
Nsiala - Keep
Vincent-Young - Keep
El Mizouni - Backup
Kenlock - Backup (if wages are low enough to justify)
Dobra - Keep
Who else on 14:58 - Jun 29 with 671 viewsParsley

I think we're still at the filling the squad stage rather than replacing particular players.

We need a centre back (left-sided?), two wingers and an attacking midfielder in my opinion. I'd be fine with keeping Holy, Donacien, Kenlock and Nolan as squad options, look to upgrade on Nsiala and replace Downes, Bishop and Jackson who all look set to depart.
Who else on 15:08 - Jun 29 with 641 viewsBluesky

Who else on 14:53 - Jun 29 by Butterbing

Remaining squad from last year:

Holy - Get Rid
Woolfenden - Keep
Jackson - Get Rid
Norwood - Keep
Nolan - Keep
Donacien - Backup (if wages are low enough to justify)
Bishop - Get Rid (Reluctantly)
Ndaba - Backup
Downes - Try to reintegrate if possible, if not get rid.
Nsiala - Keep
Vincent-Young - Keep
El Mizouni - Backup
Kenlock - Backup (if wages are low enough to justify)
Dobra - Keep

Agree all but for Norwood. He will be gone by Christmas, either injured or just mucking about too much for Cook's liking..
Who else on 15:24 - Jun 29 with 601 viewsButterbing

Who else on 15:08 - Jun 29 by Bluesky

Agree all but for Norwood. He will be gone by Christmas, either injured or just mucking about too much for Cook's liking..

Possibly but I just get the impression he is one that Cook likes despite his social media high jinks. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. But, if he mucks about too much and it has a negative effect on the squad then you may be right.
Who else on 15:31 - Jun 29 with 587 viewsRedX

I don't think Norwood is a Cook type of personality more than player tbh. Can't see him lasting at the club.

I'd love to see Downes commit himself to the club with a big smile on his face. Would be surprised with that one though.
Who else on 15:45 - Jun 29 with 552 viewshadleighboyblue

Who else on 15:24 - Jun 29 by Butterbing

Possibly but I just get the impression he is one that Cook likes despite his social media high jinks. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. But, if he mucks about too much and it has a negative effect on the squad then you may be right.

Like your list Butterbing .

I think for years the poor level of coaching at the club has failed to get the best out of some players .

I get the feeling PC sees something in Nolan and Norwood and if that's the case , they could be valuable players .

Surely we should trust PC's judgement on all the players , he's a shrewd operator and has sussed out those that have the wrong attitude .

He is building a squad of players he can work with .....can't wait for it all to start .

Would be great to get Crooks in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024