Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham 13:15 - Jun 29 with 1498 viewsitfc1108

I've just seen that Rotherham have bid £200,000 for St Johnston defender Shaun Rooney, yet their players are on furlough.
That doesn't seem right to me.
Rotherham on 13:21 - Jun 29 with 1375 viewswkj

Conspiracy Theory...

Maybe Rotherham are expecting a transfer to be completed for a certain Matt Crooks?

Michael Smith is wanted by Middlesborough too, so if Smith and Crooks are on the way out - their financial outlay might look a little more comfortable.

However, I would have a hard time believing that they're lining up a £200k bid without any kind of projected transfer income on the table.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rotherham on 13:26 - Jun 29 with 1267 viewsMetal_Hacker

Not sure of the legality etc but the club is still a functioning business and will be covering other over heads by other means of income I'd have thought

When I was furloughed last year , the business I worked for furloughed all the sales force ( all 42 of us) but were still functioning and supplying customers

No different for a football club - I wouldn't have thought anyway

Does seem a little odd but as someone has said , maybe they're also expecting some funds to land (hopefully from ourselves for Crooks)
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:30]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Rotherham on 13:32 - Jun 29 with 1146 viewsFPL_Tractor

Rotherham on 13:26 - Jun 29 by Metal_Hacker

Not sure of the legality etc but the club is still a functioning business and will be covering other over heads by other means of income I'd have thought

When I was furloughed last year , the business I worked for furloughed all the sales force ( all 42 of us) but were still functioning and supplying customers

No different for a football club - I wouldn't have thought anyway

Does seem a little odd but as someone has said , maybe they're also expecting some funds to land (hopefully from ourselves for Crooks)
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:30]

On Kevin Maguire's Price of Football podcast they mentioned that Spurs had taken a private loan to repay their Bank of England loan because they were negotiating with Son and there were rules over "increased pay for top earners". I would have thought there'd be similar rules for furlough and my hunch is this would be covered.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Rotherham on 13:35 - Jun 29 with 1077 viewsfranz_tyson

Isn’t the real issue not that Rotherham have to sell, but where Crooks decides to go? He’s got interest from the Championship and it’s going to be a big ask to drop back down again to L1. Feels a bit like the Sonny Bradley scenario.
Rotherham on 13:55 - Jun 29 with 793 viewsFPL_Tractor

Rotherham on 13:35 - Jun 29 by franz_tyson

Isn’t the real issue not that Rotherham have to sell, but where Crooks decides to go? He’s got interest from the Championship and it’s going to be a big ask to drop back down again to L1. Feels a bit like the Sonny Bradley scenario.

The rumours are Derby (who are under a transfer embarbo so that sounds odd), Blackpool (a Championship club, but relegation dogfight surely), Sunderland or us aren't they. I'd say although there are similarities it feels like we have more of chance on this one given the competition.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Rotherham on 13:58 - Jun 29 with 755 viewsjayessess

Rotherham on 13:35 - Jun 29 by franz_tyson

Different with a fee transfer though, isn't it? He might not have a choice if we're the only club to agree the fee.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024