Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England - Yellow Cards 10:43 - Jun 30 with 713 viewsKropotkin123

Overall, our discipline has been pretty good this tournament. No attacking player has picked up a yellow. Currently we only have the following four players on one yellow...

- Phillips (360 mins)
- Rice (312 mins)
- Foden (134 mins)
- Maguire (180 mins)

Yellows get wiped after the next game. Meaning if these four players avoid a yellow, no one would from England would be banned for yellow cards this tournament.

So, if you were Southgate, would you drop any of these players?

I wouldn't have any issues with Mings filling in for Maguire either this game or the semi-final, if Maguire picked up a suspension. Perhaps, I'd play Mings so Maguire had a bit more of a rest before potentially a semi-final.

I don't think Foden would be recalled instead of Saka.

Philips and Rice have been a big part of our current set up. Would I want Henderson starting after only 48mins this tournament. I'm not sure. But I wouldn't want him coming in against Denmark in a semi-final either, particularly if it was forced on us and we couldn't sub him for a DM, if they were suspended.

So, yeah, what are people thinking?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

England - Yellow Cards on 10:53 - Jun 30 with 646 viewsMookamoo

Can't see Maguire, Rice and Phillips all getting through the next game without a booking, especially with the Ukrainians throwing themselves about like they did last night.

They've all go to play through.
England - Yellow Cards on 11:00 - Jun 30 with 623 viewsParsley

Making someone miss a game so that they don't miss a different game seems a bit of twisted logic to me. I think there will be a couple of changes anyway but you've got to pick the best XI in a knockout tournament and I think there is enough depth in the squad to cope with suspensions if needed.
England - Yellow Cards on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 575 viewsBloomBlue

I thought towards the end of the game Maguire looked like he was feeling a few niggles in the leg, maybe after being out for a few weeks in was catching up on him and I can see Mings replacing him for the next game.

Not sure about Phillips and Rice both have been hugely important in us keeping clean sheets would you drop your best 2 when there is a danger that could stop you getting into the SF? Personally I think you have to win the next game and not worry about the game after, if you do good chance you don't make it to the next game. However I have a feeling Southgate will go with a completely different formation against Ukraine and 2 or 3 different players.
England - Yellow Cards on 11:29 - Jun 30 with 563 viewsclive_baker

There's no way Maguire should sit out on the basis he's on a yellow. I don't think the semi is any more daunting a prospect as the 1/4 in our case, so actively taking him out of 1 on the basis he might miss the other doesn't make sense to me. He was our best player yesterday and his quality on the ball is far greater than Mings IMO.

Same applies for all of them, pick the best team irrespective of card situation. If there's a suspension for the semi then cross that bridge if or when it comes.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

England - Yellow Cards on 11:34 - Jun 30 with 543 viewsIpswichKnight

Officials have been good on this tournament you’ll only get a booking for a deserved foul. Play our best team and not worry about yellow cards.
England - Yellow Cards on 11:44 - Jun 30 with 518 viewsSwansea_Blue

England - Yellow Cards on 11:34 - Jun 30 by IpswichKnight

Officials have been good on this tournament you’ll only get a booking for a deserved foul. Play our best team and not worry about yellow cards.

I didn't think a couple were warranted last night, but yep in general they've been much better than normal. We want to see top players play, not sat in the stands because they've been bombed out by a couple of soft yellows.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

England - Yellow Cards on 11:57 - Jun 30 with 494 viewsKropotkin123

England - Yellow Cards on 11:29 - Jun 30 by clive_baker

There's no way Maguire should sit out on the basis he's on a yellow. I don't think the semi is any more daunting a prospect as the 1/4 in our case, so actively taking him out of 1 on the basis he might miss the other doesn't make sense to me. He was our best player yesterday and his quality on the ball is far greater than Mings IMO.

Same applies for all of them, pick the best team irrespective of card situation. If there's a suspension for the semi then cross that bridge if or when it comes.

Regarding Maguire, what about based on fitness?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

England - Yellow Cards on 11:59 - Jun 30 with 490 viewsTractorCam

No, because if you drop them, miss them in the Ukraine game and then we lose, what was the point?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

England - Yellow Cards on 12:03 - Jun 30 with 471 viewsclive_baker

England - Yellow Cards on 11:57 - Jun 30 by Kropotkin123

Regarding Maguire, what about based on fitness?

Ah if he's not fit then yeah, that's a different consideration. Mings is certainly next in line, he didn't do much wrong vs. Croatia or Scotland. It would be a shame though, I think Maguire offers so much more on the ball.

All being fit I think I would be tempted to revert to 4-4-2 with Foden in for Trippier. Keep the momentum going. The ideal would be to get to a 2 goal cushion where we could perhaps afford to get Henderson on for Rice, DCL for Kane etc and rest some legs. Although that's wishful thinking I'm sure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

England - Yellow Cards on 12:49 - Jun 30 with 413 viewsSitfcB

Our potential opponents have a few on yellows as well...

Czech Republic: Coufal, Hložek, Masopust
Denmark: Damsgaard, Delaney, Jensen, Wass

No point in dropping them, get the job done and then sub them off as early as possible to save them (if they haven’t already got a yellow by that point)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024