Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an unbelievable experience that was 11:00 - Jun 30 with 4929 viewstextbackup

Watching England beat Germany, at Wembley, in a tournament, after 4664 years locked up, being in pubs, singing at football, bundles in the stands....

It actually is coming home

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:01 - Jun 30 with 2655 viewsSitfcB

I hope you arrived at Wembley in your allocated time slot

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I hope you didn't boo the German anthem! (n/t) on 11:04 - Jun 30 with 2609 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:05 - Jun 30 with 2611 viewsSteve_M

Nice one. It was fun being at Wembley last week but obviously not even close to what last night must have been like.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:06 - Jun 30 with 2601 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Pre-match outside Wembley Arena was pure carnage (not necessarily in a bad way), just had to avoid footballs flying all over the show from well oiled England fans.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience with each goal celebrating in Chaplow-esque fashion.

Although, I was never actually requested to show my NHS COVID Pass which I found quite strange.

Just a shame the next game is in Rome!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:07 - Jun 30 with 2589 viewsBloomBlue

It was great watching it although I'm getting slightly annoyed with Alan Shearer and his "we won't have a better chance of winning it as we'll be playing most of the games at Wembley", FFS Shearer in 96 you played every game at Wembley that was our best chance but you f**kd it up Shearer .
What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:08 - Jun 30 with 2577 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Possibly the best atmosphere ive ever witnessed... it was incredible. Bodies everywhere falling down stairs!!
What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:16 - Jun 30 with 2523 viewsclive_baker

I had a facetime call from a mate post match and the atmosphere looked class. Was great to see on the TV, the limbs when the goals went in. Been too long, that's what football is all about.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:18 - Jun 30 with 2503 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:06 - Jun 30 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Pre-match outside Wembley Arena was pure carnage (not necessarily in a bad way), just had to avoid footballs flying all over the show from well oiled England fans.

A thoroughly enjoyable experience with each goal celebrating in Chaplow-esque fashion.

Although, I was never actually requested to show my NHS COVID Pass which I found quite strange.

Yes, outside the White Horse opposite the Arena was such an atmosphere. I arrived at 1:30 and the carnival had already started!
Was pleasantly surprised at just how many German supporters were there as well.
Football without supporters is nothing and last evening proved that.
Genuine football supporters are often much maligned, and too much emphasis is placed on those who misbehave, boo anthems, and cause general mayhem.
Login to get fewer ads

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:23 - Jun 30 with 2457 viewsnoggin

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:18 - Jun 30 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Yes, outside the White Horse opposite the Arena was such an atmosphere. I arrived at 1:30 and the carnival had already started!
Was pleasantly surprised at just how many German supporters were there as well.
Football without supporters is nothing and last evening proved that.
Genuine football supporters are often much maligned, and too much emphasis is placed on those who misbehave, boo anthems, and cause general mayhem.

Booing anthems is just bantz.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:25 - Jun 30 with 2445 viewsgiant_stow

Was the atmosphere as amazing as it sounded on telly?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:27 - Jun 30 with 2409 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:06 - Jun 30 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Got one right on the nut... bloody hurt
What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:28 - Jun 30 with 2401 viewsabracaDOBRA_

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:25 - Jun 30 by giant_stow

Better.. made me emotional as cringe as that sounds
What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:29 - Jun 30 with 2404 viewsSitfcB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:23 - Jun 30 by noggin

Booing anthems is just bantz.

Some pantomime booing of a rivals national anthem which happens all the same has caused some tears.

...and then there’s those saying we shouldn’t laugh at a little German girl and her dad in tears. ffs it’s football, that’s what it’s all about, happens to us all.

Why’s there so many fannies out there these days.

COYB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:30 - Jun 30 with 2381 viewsnoggin

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:29 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

Some pantomime booing of a rivals national anthem which happens all the same has caused some tears.

...and then there’s those saying we shouldn’t laugh at a little German girl and her dad in tears. ffs it’s football, that’s what it’s all about, happens to us all.

You saying I'm a fanny Sitters? I'd say any man that laughs at a little girl crying, is a bit of a loser.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 11:33]

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 2286 viewsSitfcB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:30 - Jun 30 by noggin

You saying I'm a fanny Sitters? I'd say any man that laughs at a little girl crying, is a bit of a loser.

Not aimed at you from that specific comment but if the cap fits.

COYB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 2286 viewsusm

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:30 - Jun 30 by noggin

She's crying at a football match FFS!!!
People laugh, people cry, people get angry, people get excited. But at the end of the day it is just a game of football, no big deal.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:43 - Jun 30 with 2252 viewsnoggin

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:40 - Jun 30 by usm

She's crying at a football match FFS!!!
People laugh, people cry, people get angry, people get excited. But at the end of the day it is just a game of football, no big deal.

You think a grown man laughing at a young girl crying is normal behaviour? I would say that grown man has some issues.

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:44 - Jun 30 with 2242 viewsclive_baker

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:29 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

Not sure anyone would laugh at it, particularly. I think that's a bit weird. Do the Germans have a word for Schadenfreude?

Equally it's an important life lesson, knowing how to lose. Hell, we're used to it in this country. Who knows, in 20 odd years time she might be watching Muller manage Germany to a victory over England in Munich. You have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2021 11:45]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:46 - Jun 30 with 2218 viewsnoggin

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:40 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

Not aimed at you from that specific comment but if the cap fits.

Well it was aimed at me fella. Don't worry though, an insult from you is actually quite reassuring.

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:00 - Jun 30 with 2169 viewstextbackup

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:25 - Jun 30 by giant_stow

Better x 100!

I couldn’t hear my mate next to me at times.

Some of your fans were pathetic I might add, all there for England and they were hunting out little old Ipswich.... needless to say, they shouldn’t have...

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:01 - Jun 30 with 2141 viewstextbackup

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:01 - Jun 30 by SitfcB

I hope you arrived at Wembley in your allocated time slot

I think we missed it by 10/15mins.... however, not a single ID check, covid text barely acknowledged...

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:01 - Jun 30 with 2136 viewsbelgablue

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:28 - Jun 30 by abracaDOBRA_

100% agree. I think that’s the best feeling I’ve ever experienced at a football game. Unreal.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:08 - Jun 30 with 2105 viewsTractorWood

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:01 - Jun 30 by belgablue

100% agree. I think that’s the best feeling I’ve ever experienced at a football game. Unreal.

It was amazing. The second half was like a dream. The scenes when we scored, the Muller miss, the celebrations afterwards.

Just the greatest day.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:10 - Jun 30 with 2082 viewsSitfcB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:00 - Jun 30 by textbackup

Better x 100!

I couldn’t hear my mate next to me at times.

Some of your fans were pathetic I might add, all there for England and they were hunting out little old Ipswich.... needless to say, they shouldn’t have...

Was there some fisticuffs?

COYB

What an unbelievable experience that was on 12:11 - Jun 30 with 2081 viewstextbackup

What an unbelievable experience that was on 11:28 - Jun 30 by abracaDOBRA_

Walking away from stadium I went from singing, to shock, to holding in tears, to shaking, singing... and repeat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024