Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This shames us all Part 2................... 09:04 - Jul 1 with 2191 viewsBlueNomad

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/england-germany-crying-girl-wemb

Just horrible.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:09 - Jul 1 with 1638 viewsnoggin

She shouldn't go to football if she can't accept a little abuse, apparently.. Sitters will be calling you a fanny for being concerned about this.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:19 - Jul 1 with 1581 viewsBlueNomad

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:09 - Jul 1 by noggin

She shouldn't go to football if she can't accept a little abuse, apparently.. Sitters will be calling you a fanny for being concerned about this.

C'est la vie. The Germans reacted to everything the other night with dignity. Contrast the way their players conducted themselves with the antics of the Portuguese.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:22 - Jul 1 with 1560 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:19 - Jul 1 by BlueNomad

C'est la vie. The Germans reacted to everything the other night with dignity. Contrast the way their players conducted themselves with the antics of the Portuguese.

My grandad didn't fight these bloody Germans for them to come over here (and cry at losing a football match) Balls.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 10:10]

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:28 - Jul 1 with 1539 viewsmrshallisfit

Do you know what. I obviously wanted England to win the other night. But shortly after Kane's goal I went past a pub and heard the cretinous outpourings of England fans and just a bit of me wanted the Germans to get back in the game. I then conjured up an imagine in my mind of Tom Hunt writing his latest sermon about woke issues and many little Englanders reading and agreeing with his moronic ramblings, and every fibre of my being wanted the Germans to get back in the game.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:30 - Jul 1 with 1531 viewsSouperJim

English football fans don't exactly have a monopoly on acting like dicks. German fans have long since adopted Three Lions as a way to taunt English fans after Euro 96. I seem to remember Man Utd fans having it blasted at them over the PA when knocked out of Europe in Germany in the late 90s for example (can't recall the exact fixture).
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 9:31]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:37 - Jul 1 with 1496 viewsBlueNomad

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:30 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

English football fans don't exactly have a monopoly on acting like dicks. German fans have long since adopted Three Lions as a way to taunt English fans after Euro 96. I seem to remember Man Utd fans having it blasted at them over the PA when knocked out of Europe in Germany in the late 90s for example (can't recall the exact fixture).

It seems worse now with the increase in xenophobia, "hostile environment", Patel's efforts etc over the past few years.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:37 - Jul 1 with 1492 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:28 - Jul 1 by mrshallisfit

Do you know what. I obviously wanted England to win the other night. But shortly after Kane's goal I went past a pub and heard the cretinous outpourings of England fans and just a bit of me wanted the Germans to get back in the game. I then conjured up an imagine in my mind of Tom Hunt writing his latest sermon about woke issues and many little Englanders reading and agreeing with his moronic ramblings, and every fibre of my being wanted the Germans to get back in the game.

English nationlism really is an embarrassment to the nation. I saw an interview on Sky, with an old WW2 veteran from Suffolk, who was saying that he was really looking forward to the game but hoped that he didn't have to hear anti German chanting. This is a man who went of to war with Germany, knowing there was a good chance that a German would kill him.
The majority of little Englanders have done nothing for the country they are so proud of and would cry like babies at the first sign of a 'real' fight.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 1482 viewsnoggin

Now that really is just bantz.

Login to get fewer ads

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:42 - Jul 1 with 1462 viewsclive_baker

We seem to have this perception in this country that our fans are all scum and every other nation are saints, which is so far from the truth.

On this specific incident, it is embarrassing to see people taking so much delight at a young girl crying. It's really a complete non story and utterly embarrassing that a small proportion of our fans seem intent on making themselves look like d1cks.

I blame social media.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:45 - Jul 1 with 1438 viewsSouperJim

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:39 - Jul 1 by noggin

Now that really is just bantz.

Possibly, but it's also a good way to really antagonise a group of pissed off football fans, who will then be vociferously criticised if they retaliate.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 1425 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:42 - Jul 1 by clive_baker

We seem to have this perception in this country that our fans are all scum and every other nation are saints, which is so far from the truth.

On this specific incident, it is embarrassing to see people taking so much delight at a young girl crying. It's really a complete non story and utterly embarrassing that a small proportion of our fans seem intent on making themselves look like d1cks.

I blame social media.

But there are several regulars on this very forum who are defending it. It's clearly not an insignificant number.
Nobody is saying fans of other nations are all saints but the scummy Englishmen are representing England and we should call them out for their behaviour.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:49 - Jul 1 with 1405 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:45 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

Possibly, but it's also a good way to really antagonise a group of pissed off football fans, who will then be vociferously criticised if they retaliate.

That says more about the fans who react, than it does about the Germans. In my mind at least, this is just harmless fun.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:50 - Jul 1 with 1401 viewsSouperJim

I blame social media.

I agree completely, but I also blame our media media for how they just love an opportunity to criticise England fans and paint them in a bad light. If you look at the content of the story in the OP, there really is nothing there. Just a few idiots being idiots on twitter. SSDD.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:53 - Jul 1 with 1379 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:50 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

I agree completely, but I also blame our media media for how they just love an opportunity to criticise England fans and paint them in a bad light. If you look at the content of the story in the OP, there really is nothing there. Just a few idiots being idiots on twitter. SSDD.

"Just a few idiots being idiots on twitter. SSDD."

You think this young girl will just brush off online abuse as 'nothing'?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:55 - Jul 1 with 1362 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:49 - Jul 1 by noggin

That says more about the fans who react, than it does about the Germans. In my mind at least, this is just harmless fun.

You have downvoted this SouperJim. Does that imply that you would feel insulted by the playing of 3 lions after a defeat?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:57 - Jul 1 with 1357 viewsSouperJim

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:53 - Jul 1 by noggin

"Just a few idiots being idiots on twitter. SSDD."

You think this young girl will just brush off online abuse as 'nothing'?

She looks to be about 7 or 8. You need to be 13 to have a twitter account.

Do all England fans deserve to be tarred with the same brush?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:59 - Jul 1 with 1331 viewsnoggin

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:57 - Jul 1 by SouperJim

She looks to be about 7 or 8. You need to be 13 to have a twitter account.

Do all England fans deserve to be tarred with the same brush?

Who is 'tarring all England fans with the same brush'?
I am an England fan myself.

'She looks to be about 7 or 8. You need to be 13 to have a twitter account. '
You're now looking for excuses.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 10:01]

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 1313 viewsSouperJim

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:55 - Jul 1 by noggin

You have downvoted this SouperJim. Does that imply that you would feel insulted by the playing of 3 lions after a defeat?

I simply disagree that it was "harmless fun". It's akin to a Norwich result on our scoreboard replacing their name with "Scum", which happened a few years back and was roundly criticised. Clubs themselves should be above such behaviour for a start.

We clearly unlikely to see eye to eye on this. I agree completely that those revelling in the tears of a child need a long hard look at themselves. But I'm also beyond tired of this desperate need to find fault with everything connected with our national football team and the way the press jump on absolutely everything negative thing they can where England fans are concerned.

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 1313 viewsm14_blue

Oh, come on.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:01 - Jul 1 with 1309 viewsbrazil1982

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:37 - Jul 1 by BlueNomad

It seems worse now with the increase in xenophobia, "hostile environment", Patel's efforts etc over the past few years.

Have you been to many England games? It's certainly not worse than then 1990s when I followed them home and away. Away with England could be a terrifying / adrenaline fuelled experience. It's rather calm these days.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:05 - Jul 1 with 1278 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

It doesn't shame me any more than the contempt I already hold towards those that use social media as a cowardly way to insult, intimidate, ridicule and bully their fellow human beings.
It happens on TWTD as well!
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:10 - Jul 1 with 1232 viewsFixed_It

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:59 - Jul 1 by noggin

I agree that adults laughing at an upset kid is pretty moronic.
But I also think that she would he totally oblivious to the online abuse unless someone actually showed it to her. Unless, of course, she goes to school in England (which she probably does) and her classmates are taking the proverbial. Which kids are likely to do...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:16 - Jul 1 with 1188 viewsPassionNotAnger

This shames us all Part 2................... on 09:59 - Jul 1 by noggin

And you just constantly and repetitively look for ways to criticise England supporters. You come across as that miserable git of a neighbour that would moan about kids next door making noise and complain (to everyone else apart from the parents) about delinquent children making your life hell.
This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:17 - Jul 1 with 1179 viewsitfcjoe

I blame social media.

Things just go too far - I remember seeing the girl crying and raising a wry smile whilst Mrs itfcjoe who had wandered in gave a more responsible and parental reaction. Can imagine there was some mocking on the big screen....and that should be the end

But then photo gets photoshopped, Jimmy Saville holding her, Dad getting called a nonce, loads of other stuff and the line gets crossed by so far.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:21 - Jul 1 with 1136 viewsitfcjoe

This shames us all Part 2................... on 10:16 - Jul 1 by PassionNotAnger

And you just constantly and repetitively look for ways to criticise England supporters. You come across as that miserable git of a neighbour that would moan about kids next door making noise and complain (to everyone else apart from the parents) about delinquent children making your life hell.

Whilst also talking about every other set of fans like they are saints - look at those Russians there, don't their knuckle dusters look lovely and really set their outfit off, what a great bunch of guys.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024