Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? 09:20 - Jul 1 with 1132 viewsclive_baker

Neighbour was out with his chain saw at 07:30 today. Normally wouldn't mind so much but I was looking forward to a lie in.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 09:21 - Jul 1 with 1118 viewsKieran_Knows

Funny you say that, as I went out at 7.30PM last Wednesday evening and started to trim the hedges, and felt that was too loud at that time of night, so instead done it around mid day on Saturday.

Done my bit for the neighbourhood.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 09:26 - Jul 1 with 1083 viewsCheltenham_Blue

08:00 for trades isn't it? I'm about 60% sure there is legislation on this.
So not very sure at all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 09:30 - Jul 1 with 1062 viewsKropotkin123

Surely if you're neighbour has a chainsaw, you live somewhere pretty sparse with a fair amount of trees. So, based on my imagination of your living situation, I'd say about 05:00.

If on the other hand, you're garden is in a busy residential area and is slightly bigger than a shoe box, 07:30 is too early.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 10:02 - Jul 1 with 958 viewsChondzoresk

Mon-Friday 8am-6pm
What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 853 viewsRyorry

Do you have a patio?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 10:59 - Jul 1 with 842 viewsRyorry

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 09:30 - Jul 1 by Kropotkin123

Surely if you're neighbour has a chainsaw, you live somewhere pretty sparse with a fair amount of trees. So, based on my imagination of your living situation, I'd say about 05:00.

If on the other hand, you're garden is in a busy residential area and is slightly bigger than a shoe box, 07:30 is too early.

My neighbour was out on a digger with one of those reverse beeps from 5am-10pm on Tues, barring about 3hrs off for Eng v. Germany!

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 11:06 - Jul 1 with 827 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Council contractor turned up to do some weed killing at 6 am yesterday. Spent a noisey 45 minutes unloading his mini tractor, clanging about in his van and then warming up said tractor. He was done and gone by 7.30. That's taking the pee imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 816 viewsclive_baker

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 10:56 - Jul 1 by Ryorry

Do you have a patio?

Are you suggesting I kill him? Bit much

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 11:31 - Jul 1 with 783 viewsRyorry

What's a socially acceptable time to commence noisy garden works? on 11:11 - Jul 1 by clive_baker

Are you suggesting I kill him? Bit much

^joke alert^

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024