Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gibbs gone - sad to hear 10:57 - Jul 1 with 9123 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.suffolknews.co.uk/bury-st-edmunds/sport/exclusive-gibbs-set-to-leave

Seems unnecessary for case of what was likely a couple of hundred quid a week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 10:59 - Jul 1 with 3486 viewsArnieM

Chasing the big bucks like a lot of them. Future bench warmer or annual loanee to somewhere else.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 with 3469 viewsCoco

From what I understand his agent was very disrespectful and aggressive. Good luck to him but the grass isn't always greener.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 with 3444 viewschrismakin

Every player has a ceiling. We are no longer going to offer more than the club feels it's worth offering.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 with 3462 viewsabracaDOBRA_

He wants to stay apparently, but wanted to train with first team is what I heard. Idk how much is to do with money, when the list was released the other day he was unhappy
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:01 - Jul 1 with 3443 viewshype313

So, so bizarre, sounded like he was keen to stay but the club seem ambivalent to him.

I get that we need to concentrate on players for the here and now, but it seems like we just have no interest in the youth team.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:01 - Jul 1 with 3430 viewswkj

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 10:59 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

Chasing the big bucks like a lot of them. Future bench warmer or annual loanee to somewhere else.

Again, Harsh - you really don't like the idea of young players looking out for their best path to development do you.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:01 - Jul 1 with 3425 viewsclive_baker

Disappointing

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:04 - Jul 1 with 3359 viewsArnieM

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 by abracaDOBRA_

He wants to stay apparently, but wanted to train with first team is what I heard. Idk how much is to do with money, when the list was released the other day he was unhappy

Just who the bloody hell does he think he is Ffs??? Suggest he needs to EARN the right before he gobs off …..frankly he sounds like yet another Billy big bollox. He can sod off then.

Login to get fewer ads

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:05 - Jul 1 with 3335 viewsGuthrum

That is a big shame.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:06 - Jul 1 with 3315 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:04 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

Just who the bloody hell does he think he is Ffs??? Suggest he needs to EARN the right before he gobs off …..frankly he sounds like yet another Billy big bollox. He can sod off then.

He's a good lad
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:06 - Jul 1 with 3318 viewsdirtyboy

Let's hope he's made the right decision and is happy.
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:07 - Jul 1 with 3304 viewstractorboy1978

Not like you to overreact without being sure of the actual circumstances.
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:07 - Jul 1 with 3288 viewshype313

Blimey.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 3256 viewsArnieM

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:01 - Jul 1 by wkj

Again, Harsh - you really don't like the idea of young players looking out for their best path to development do you.

Not when it’s really about money to them , no I don’t. He’s a kid, who’s done precisely nothing yet. That’s the problem with 5he game these days. Too much money sloshing around , and they all think they’re something special and are owed something. I know, because I’ve had Town youngsters lodge with me in the last. An Arrogant lot by and large, and it almost put me off the “ beautiful game”, when I saw what so many of them are like.

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 3256 viewsclive_baker

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 by chrismakin

Every player has a ceiling. We are no longer going to offer more than the club feels it's worth offering.

How does that work? Surely if in the past we've offered more, then by definition the club has deemed it worth offering?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:09 - Jul 1 with 3237 viewsxrayspecs

We made him an offer, for him to accept or otherwise.

If the claim that his agent was demanding Gibbs trains with the first team are true, then suggests to me that the agent agenda was to take him to another club as he would know that Town could not agree to his demands.

I wonder who briefed the local press on this story. Interesting that Bury Free Press got the exclusive rather than it being picked up by EADT/TWTD. Media management by the Gibbs team?
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 3187 viewswkj

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:08 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

Not when it’s really about money to them , no I don’t. He’s a kid, who’s done precisely nothing yet. That’s the problem with 5he game these days. Too much money sloshing around , and they all think they’re something special and are owed something. I know, because I’ve had Town youngsters lodge with me in the last. An Arrogant lot by and large, and it almost put me off the “ beautiful game”, when I saw what so many of them are like.

"It's all about money" That is a lazy piece of conjecture. While it may, or may not be true. The stories are seemign like he wanted more exposure with the senior team? Sooo... showing ambition is the sin here?

Crybaby

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 3187 viewsArnieM

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:09 - Jul 1 by xrayspecs

We made him an offer, for him to accept or otherwise.

If the claim that his agent was demanding Gibbs trains with the first team are true, then suggests to me that the agent agenda was to take him to another club as he would know that Town could not agree to his demands.

I wonder who briefed the local press on this story. Interesting that Bury Free Press got the exclusive rather than it being picked up by EADT/TWTD. Media management by the Gibbs team?

Surely not? These players are all young innocents aren’t they?

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:12 - Jul 1 with 3159 viewsDubtractor

You are oddly aggressive towards a young kid here.

Its a bit odd. Especially when Phil has shared, on many occasions, that Gibbs wants to stay.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:12 - Jul 1 with 3152 viewsjayessess

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:00 - Jul 1 by Coco

From what I understand his agent was very disrespectful and aggressive. Good luck to him but the grass isn't always greener.

It probably is though. Big pay bump, move to an academy with more resources and better facilities and even if he never even sniffs the first team and gets released, he'll likely still get a second chance with a lower league club.

Only real downside is that he'll be less of a focus for the coaches if he goes to an academy where he's just one of several decent prospects.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:13 - Jul 1 with 3128 viewsBarcaBlue

Take a chill pill, mate. How do you know what went on in the deal from both sides?
Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:14 - Jul 1 with 3112 viewsArnieM

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:12 - Jul 1 by Dubtractor

Its a bit odd. Especially when Phil has shared, on many occasions, that Gibbs wants to stay.

So why doesn’t he sign the contract offered?

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:14 - Jul 1 with 3103 viewswkj

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:12 - Jul 1 by Dubtractor

So far Downes is a "Big Time Charlie" and Gibbs is only interested in money despite saying he wanted to stay...

I have to say that Arnie might be going through some hard times by the sound of it.

Hope things improve for you Arnie.

Crybaby

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:15 - Jul 1 with 3077 viewswkj

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:14 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

Because 👏 He 👏 Wants 👏 More 👏 First 👏 Team 👏 Exposure

What a day to be a young kid playing football and lampooned by a fan of his home team for wanting to push up a level with his home team. FFS
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 11:16]

Crybaby

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:16 - Jul 1 with 3031 viewstractorboy1978

Gibbs gone - sad to hear on 11:14 - Jul 1 by ArnieM

You have no idea what was offered. If I offered you £10k a year less than the market rate for your industry and offered less responsibility than you would like, would you just sign it?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 11:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024