Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In ear Headphones 11:27 - Jul 1 with 2027 viewspeterleeblue

Hi Good people of TWTD.

My Bose in ear wired speakers have given up the ghost after 5 years of good daily service for running and dog walking.

Makes sense at this stage to go wireless. However, I do like the idea of good sound quality as I listen to most of my music when out and about. I appreciate this is only as good as the source i.e. Phone Samsung and the Spotify stream / Download (which varies a lot by album / artist / mix / mastering etc.

Budget £75.00 - £150.00

thanks for any help given
best wishes
PB
In ear Headphones on 11:45 - Jul 1 with 1981 viewsZoomba

Unfortunately I don't know of any at that price range.

However, if you're willing to spend more I recommend Sony's WF-1000xm4.

Great sound quality and with good noise cancelling too.
In ear Headphones on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 1966 viewsipswich78

Are you an Android or Apple man?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

In ear Headphones on 11:57 - Jul 1 with 1957 viewsDurovigutum

I don't like the idea of running with music playing that stops me hearing approaching cars or bikes, but recently bought a pair of aftershokz. These give me music or podcasts, to a decent enough quality, but more importantly allow me to hear what is going on around me. With a number of single track and farm roads on my route this has proven perfect.

I wouldn't recommend for sitting at home or an environment where the ambient noise is a hindrance to your listening pleasure as the sound quality is lower than in or over ear headphones (although they give you ear plugs so you can use in that situation if you want).
In ear Headphones on 13:07 - Jul 1 with 1920 viewsEly_Blue

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jabra-elite-65t-true-wireless-bluetooth-in-ear-

Worth a try for this price?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

In ear Headphones on 13:08 - Jul 1 with 1917 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Had these ones for a few months and can't fault them
https://mifo.co.uk/products/mifo-o5-plus-true-wireless-earbuds
In ear Headphones on 13:38 - Jul 1 with 1878 viewsDinDjarin

anything by sennheiser
In ear Headphones on 13:41 - Jul 1 with 1875 viewsitfcjoe

I'd get the same again, in fact did so - tried wireless once or twice but you underestimate how often you just want to drop one bud out to listen out for things, talk to someone in shop etc and having it hang there of a wire is much more convenient than taking it out to hold and inevitable lose at some point!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

In ear Headphones on 13:42 - Jul 1 with 1868 viewsvilanovablue

In ear Headphones on 11:45 - Jul 1 by Zoomba

I would say there prior version WF-1000xm3 are still exceptional and you can now pick them up on Amazon for £139.32. I have had a pair and would recommend them unreservedly. I only ditched mine as I got a pair of Sennheisers which are also pretty special.

If you have any questions about them just let me know.
Login to get fewer ads

In ear Headphones on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 1858 viewsvilanovablue

In ear Headphones on 13:41 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

I'd get the same again, in fact did so - tried wireless once or twice but you underestimate how often you just want to drop one bud out to listen out for things, talk to someone in shop etc and having it hang there of a wire is much more convenient than taking it out to hold and inevitable lose at some point!

The Sony's I mentioned allow you to tap the earbud let to let you hear people and it works like a charm with no need to take the ear bud out.
In ear Headphones on 13:53 - Jul 1 with 1838 viewspeterleeblue

Some really good ideas and thoughts here. Very helpful.

Thanks to all.

Pls keep coming.
In ear Headphones on 13:54 - Jul 1 with 1837 viewsthepommylump

Trekz Aftershocks are brilliant for running, still here what's going on around you, never move or drop out.

I wear them all day every day. Never have to move them to talk to people just push the stop button, I have been using them for nearly 5 years, am on my third pair though :)
In ear Headphones on 14:09 - Jul 1 with 1813 viewsghostofescobar

I bought the nattily named Sony wf-1000xm3's. Stupendous sound. Noise cancelling is ok. Great app with them. Not for running though, I'd say. You won't be disappointed with these.

GhostOfEscobar

In ear Headphones on 14:13 - Jul 1 with 1799 viewsvilanovablue

In ear Headphones on 14:09 - Jul 1 by ghostofescobar

I bought the nattily named Sony wf-1000xm3's. Stupendous sound. Noise cancelling is ok. Great app with them. Not for running though, I'd say. You won't be disappointed with these.

They are OK for jogging but not perfect, the fit is pretty secure. I would say most of my jogging is fairly lightweight road work.
In ear Headphones on 14:47 - Jul 1 with 1766 viewsghostofescobar

In ear Headphones on 14:13 - Jul 1 by vilanovablue

They are OK for jogging but not perfect, the fit is pretty secure. I would say most of my jogging is fairly lightweight road work.

Ah, you see I run up mountains. Not really. But I wouldn’t wear them for running. I’d be too scared that one would fly out and end up in the river, or a cow pat, or a rabbit hole, or an elf or a pixie picks it p and takes back to their den. Different dens. Elf’s and pixies don’t mix.

GhostOfEscobar

In ear Headphones on 14:51 - Jul 1 with 1753 viewsthebooks

I’ve had these for a while and they’ve been very good:

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/headphones/melomania-1

Before that I had these, which are even better — controls better and could connect to several things at once:

https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-75t##100-99090000-60
In ear Headphones on 16:20 - Jul 1 with 1684 viewsvapour_trail

I got these around a year ago and they’re the best I’ve used by a mile

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/earbuds/bose-sport-earbuds.html

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

In ear Headphones on 16:52 - Jul 1 with 1656 viewsDarkHorse

There are loads of really good cheap options now. Website dedicated to reviews of them here https://www.scarbir.com/
In ear Headphones on 16:59 - Jul 1 with 1648 viewsGogs

In ear Headphones on 11:45 - Jul 1 by Zoomba

Agree with this entirely
In ear Headphones on 20:01 - Jul 1 with 1601 viewschicoazul

In ear Headphones on 14:51 - Jul 1 by thebooks

I’ve had these for a while and they’ve been very good:

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/gbr/en/products/headphones/melomania-1

Before that I had these, which are even better — controls better and could connect to several things at once:

https://www.jabra.co.uk/bluetooth-headsets/jabra-elite-75t##100-99090000-60

I have those Cambridge ones and they are atrocious. They work intermittently and often not at all. Rubbish.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In ear Headphones on 20:31 - Jul 1 with 1582 viewsvilanovablue

In ear Headphones on 20:01 - Jul 1 by chicoazul

I have those Cambridge ones and they are atrocious. They work intermittently and often not at all. Rubbish.

I have to say I totally agree, infuriating and hateful things. Yes they sound decent the connectivity is obnoxiously bad. I now have Sennheiser Momentum’s the second gen which are expensive but sound amazing. I seem to have had a lot of wireless earbuds.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 20:31]
In ear Headphones on 22:05 - Jul 1 with 1526 viewsBroomy99

Keep an eye on these. Occasionally available at £50-£60.

Echo Buds | Wireless earbuds with immersive sound, active noise reduction and Alexa https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FWGBDN6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EPWMFHGF47P
In ear Headphones on 10:04 - Jul 2 with 1433 viewsStrimmer

Sadly I must concur in part to above assessmets of Cambridge Audio Melomania. Excellent sound quality for the price but the build quality is just not there. Had the charger pack die on me and a part of the earphone construction come loose within a year of owning. Intermittent connection also an occasional problem, but I cant stack that up against other earphones of a similar budget as not tried any long term. As I said a shame as lovely things when they work

Poll: Was it a punch?

In ear Headphones on 11:11 - Jul 2 with 1401 viewsDinDjarin

Sennheiser HD 25. I have a pair and are indestructible, comfy and sound amazing.

Not ear buds but thought I would throw it out there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024