Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes and Bishop 12:00 - Jul 1 with 3061 viewsPositivelyPortman

I see all the big name clubs are piling in with enormous offers for these two big names…..

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Downes and Bishop on 12:15 - Jul 1 with 2791 viewsMrTown

Especially when Bishop got his highlights up on Twitter, surprised they weren't flocking from all angles then.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Downes and Bishop on 12:16 - Jul 1 with 2770 viewsjayessess

not sure why this is so pleasing to you? It would be better for the club if there was lots of interest, wouldn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Downes and Bishop on 12:22 - Jul 1 with 2698 viewschicoazul

What a deeply weird thing to post.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Downes and Bishop on 12:42 - Jul 1 with 2559 viewsMattinLondon

Posh are reportedly interested in Downes, so if true, he could well be playing at a higher level.
Downes and Bishop on 12:47 - Jul 1 with 2514 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How do you know that offers have not been received?

Oh, you don't........

How odd.
Downes and Bishop on 12:48 - Jul 1 with 2495 viewsSkip_Intro

Loving the huge irony in your username...
Downes and Bishop on 12:52 - Jul 1 with 2455 viewsBlueNomad

Has it occurred to you that the best way to conduct transfer talks is to ensure there are no leaks? If done properly the first we will know is when Downes has gone.
Downes and Bishop on 12:53 - Jul 1 with 2443 viewsDanTheMan

Downes and Bishop on 12:22 - Jul 1 by chicoazul

What a deeply weird thing to post.

Everything the club doing right now is 100% correct, you need to get in line.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Downes and Bishop on 12:53 - Jul 1 with 2429 viewschrismakin

Downes and Bishop on 12:53 - Jul 1 by DanTheMan

Out of interest Dan what have they done wrong?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 12:54]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Downes and Bishop on 13:02 - Jul 1 with 2382 viewsDanTheMan

Downes and Bishop on 12:53 - Jul 1 by chrismakin

Out of interest Dan what have they done wrong?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 12:54]

I don't think sending Downes to train with the U23s was fair, also don't think we should be selling him in the first place.

I don't think telling Chambers he was going to stay on one week then the next week telling him he's not going to be sticking around was very good.

Don't agree with letting go of Gibbs, especially given that we usually get naff all from tribunals.

I had disagreed with Dobra being also put into the U23s but that's been reversed.

That OK?

EDIT: Just to add some balance here, I've been pretty happy with the signings we have made so far. Not going to say I have deep knowledge of all of them but on the face of it seem like steps in the right direction.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 13:04]

Downes and Bishop on 13:04 - Jul 1 with 2349 viewsBloomBlue

Same for Burns, Evans, Harper etc not sure why we're buying players if teams in the Championship and Prem aren't interested in them
Downes and Bishop on 13:14 - Jul 1 with 2280 viewsclive_baker

Alternatively, Dozzell gone up a league, Downes likely to go up a league, Bishop likely to stay in the division. Maybe they're not the problem?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Downes and Bishop on 13:32 - Jul 1 with 2136 viewsN2_Blue

Downes and Bishop on 13:02 - Jul 1 by DanTheMan

I don't think sending Downes to train with the U23s was fair, also don't think we should be selling him in the first place.

I don't think telling Chambers he was going to stay on one week then the next week telling him he's not going to be sticking around was very good.

Don't agree with letting go of Gibbs, especially given that we usually get naff all from tribunals.

I had disagreed with Dobra being also put into the U23s but that's been reversed.

That OK?

EDIT: Just to add some balance here, I've been pretty happy with the signings we have made so far. Not going to say I have deep knowledge of all of them but on the face of it seem like steps in the right direction.

but we not letting Gibbs go are we! The club made him an off FFS. If he turns it down that is his choice.

Downes has probably expressed his desire to leave, he's done it previously and i don't see whey he wouldn't be angling for a move again. I'm fairly sure Cook wouldn't have him in the U23s if he'd come out and said gaffer, i really want to be a success here at Town and help us secure promotion next season...because he is a good player.

Managers are allowed to change their mind...we don't know why but not sure too many fans are upset that Luke has gone..it was the right time.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Downes and Bishop on 13:34 - Jul 1 with 2111 viewssolemio

Downes and Bishop on 12:53 - Jul 1 by DanTheMan

Lowest form of wit.
Downes and Bishop on 13:39 - Jul 1 with 2075 viewsitfcjoe

Downes and Bishop on 13:04 - Jul 1 by BloomBlue

Same for Burns, Evans, Harper etc not sure why we're buying players if teams in the Championship and Prem aren't interested in them

I did find it funny the other day someone was telling me how Dozzell is a failed L1 player and that Harper is a top Championship player.....

When QPR have just paid a fee 4 times as much for Dozzell and paying him double what Harper is on a week!

There does seem to be some very hypocritical thinking by some fans - David Cornell shows he has no ambition by going up a league to compete for number 1 spot, Alan Judge has no ambition by dropping down to play and not have to uproot his family for sake of £300 a week extra....players turn down Champ interest to come here because they are ambitious

I'm really happy with the players bought in so far, a tad frustrated with some that have left or are leaving - but some seem to be tying themsleves in knots to show they are positive about it all. Interestingly outside the TWTD/Twitter echo chambers there is a much more balanced position taken by those in the town I've spoken to anecdotally - excited but apprehensive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Downes and Bishop on 13:41 - Jul 1 with 2045 viewschrismakin

Downes and Bishop on 13:02 - Jul 1 by DanTheMan

That OK?

I'd say fair enough

But

We havent released Gibbs. He ( or Agent ) rejected our offer. I appreciate some saying just offer more.. but there has to be a cut off to what we are happy to pay.

Downes is being sold because he wants to leave it's no secret. I love Downes and would love to see him next to Evans but hes mind has been the same for 18 months. It's time to part for his sake more than ours.

Regarding Chambers. Things change. That's the unfortunate sides of football. Ugly yes, but it's worked out for the best.

R E Dobra. Going exactly how the club wanted it to with him.

I think certain things will take time. The Academy for example will be taken into a new direction but it's not a quick fix

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Downes and Bishop on 13:45 - Jul 1 with 2025 viewsDanTheMan

Downes and Bishop on 13:41 - Jul 1 by chrismakin

I'd say fair enough

But

We havent released Gibbs. He ( or Agent ) rejected our offer. I appreciate some saying just offer more.. but there has to be a cut off to what we are happy to pay.

Downes is being sold because he wants to leave it's no secret. I love Downes and would love to see him next to Evans but hes mind has been the same for 18 months. It's time to part for his sake more than ours.

Regarding Chambers. Things change. That's the unfortunate sides of football. Ugly yes, but it's worked out for the best.

R E Dobra. Going exactly how the club wanted it to with him.

I think certain things will take time. The Academy for example will be taken into a new direction but it's not a quick fix

I never said we released Gibbs but if the amount between the two sides was as minimal was as being said, I'm slightly frustrated that we didn't just go that little bit further and get it done. If it was down to first team opportunities I'm slightly perplexed we wouldn't be able to offer that.

I'd like to think we could have persuaded Downes and Dozzell to stay. Maybe just me.

I don't mind Chambers leaving, I just dislike how it was done.

I'm not just being needlessly critical for the sake of it, there are just some things I'm disappointed about.

What I find terribly weird is people having a pop at every player who leaves and making out they are all garbage. Bit like Joe alludes to above, no matter where they go people seem to be able to criticise them for it.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 13:46]

Downes and Bishop on 13:53 - Jul 1 with 1936 viewschrismakin

Downes and Bishop on 13:45 - Jul 1 by DanTheMan

I never said we released Gibbs but if the amount between the two sides was as minimal was as being said, I'm slightly frustrated that we didn't just go that little bit further and get it done. If it was down to first team opportunities I'm slightly perplexed we wouldn't be able to offer that.

I'd like to think we could have persuaded Downes and Dozzell to stay. Maybe just me.

I don't mind Chambers leaving, I just dislike how it was done.

I'm not just being needlessly critical for the sake of it, there are just some things I'm disappointed about.

What I find terribly weird is people having a pop at every player who leaves and making out they are all garbage. Bit like Joe alludes to above, no matter where they go people seem to be able to criticise them for it.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 13:46]

Yeah. Even as much as I didnt like Drinan I've not sunk to batter him as a person over it. It's rather odd as you say. Chambers. I have my own personal feelings on it all. But it's all done with now so I'm just looking forwards now.

And R.E Gibbs. Sorry I said we havent released as we did try to keep him( so havent 'let him go') .. and I appreciate that it may (if financial) be a small increase that could have kept him.. but we have had 14 years of mis adventure when it comes to finances it's good we arent just offering more because thats what he wants.

If because of first team football. Sorry but as we saw this season he was out of his depths and way off 1st team ready. One for the future maybe but hes not going to be good enough anytime soon for us let alone anyone e else at first team level. So I'd be surprised if that side of rumour is true. It appears to be Agent led rather than Gibbs or club led this one.

Downes and Bishop on 14:28 - Jul 1 with 1787 viewsPositivelyPortman

Downes and Bishop on 12:16 - Jul 1 by jayessess

not sure why this is so pleasing to you? It would be better for the club if there was lots of interest, wouldn't it?

It’s not pleasing to me, and I didn’t say it was. Personally I hope we get a couple of million pound for each of them but I seriously doubt that.
I also hope that whoever does buy them, manages to get a tune out of them. Certainly no manager at ITFC has had any luck in developing them to a suitable standard - even for league 1.

Downes and Bishop on 14:31 - Jul 1 with 1769 viewsPositivelyPortman

Downes and Bishop on 12:48 - Jul 1 by Skip_Intro

Loving the huge irony in your username...

Loving the idiocy in yours. X

Downes and Bishop on 14:33 - Jul 1 with 1755 viewsSkip_Intro

Downes and Bishop on 14:31 - Jul 1 by PositivelyPortman

Loving the idiocy in yours. X

What is life without a bit of idiocy? It's what keeps me coming back here...
Downes and Bishop on 14:41 - Jul 1 with 1693 viewsPositivelyPortman

Downes and Bishop on 14:33 - Jul 1 by Skip_Intro

What is life without a bit of idiocy? It's what keeps me coming back here...

Indeed it is. A little idiocy and a little winding up of certain people. 🙌😂

Downes and Bishop on 07:07 - Jul 2 with 1204 viewsChrisd

Downes and Bishop on 13:39 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

I did find it funny the other day someone was telling me how Dozzell is a failed L1 player and that Harper is a top Championship player.....

When QPR have just paid a fee 4 times as much for Dozzell and paying him double what Harper is on a week!

There does seem to be some very hypocritical thinking by some fans - David Cornell shows he has no ambition by going up a league to compete for number 1 spot, Alan Judge has no ambition by dropping down to play and not have to uproot his family for sake of £300 a week extra....players turn down Champ interest to come here because they are ambitious

I'm really happy with the players bought in so far, a tad frustrated with some that have left or are leaving - but some seem to be tying themsleves in knots to show they are positive about it all. Interestingly outside the TWTD/Twitter echo chambers there is a much more balanced position taken by those in the town I've spoken to anecdotally - excited but apprehensive

Is David Cornell going to start many games for Peterborough this coming season? No, I very much doubt it. Yes, he’s gone up a league to the Championship and probably to earn more money and good luck to him. However, I would question whether there is a realistic chance that he’ll start ahead of Chris Pym this season as the Posh’s regular No.1 if both remain injury free, apart from the odd cup game. Is that questioning his ambition? I suppose it all depends what his ambition ultimately is?

In the main, when you look at the majority of the players that have left us over recent months they have made a sideways move or dropped down a league, apart from the odd exception. The inflated opinion that some of our fans had our squad being ‘too good for L1’ , which many have said over the last couple of seasons. I’m sure we’ll get the selective memory comment, ‘I doubt any of us have said that?!’ 🙄 it’s been a huge reality check - The proof has been in the pudding!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 7:54]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Downes and Bishop on 07:54 - Jul 2 with 1062 viewsVic

Downes and Bishop on 13:39 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

I think most of us feel the same way as you do Joe. Take no notice of the those who are simply black or white.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Downes and Bishop on 08:42 - Jul 2 with 945 viewsBryanPlug

Downes and Bishop on 12:42 - Jul 1 by MattinLondon

Posh are reportedly interested in Downes, so if true, he could well be playing at a higher level.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024