Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t get the second jab too early 08:20 - Jul 2 with 989 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-57682233

So why did a member of the NHS jab team phone me and invite me to have the second does after four weeks? If I’d read this article before the call I’d have asked to wait until my original appointment date - now it seems the approach is more about numbers than health. Feeling slightly annoyed and concerned this morning.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:30 - Jul 2 with 908 viewsStokieBlue

So the data supports his view for AZ, it should be at least 8 weeks. However for the mRNA vaccines they were tested on shorter gaps and most other countries give the second dose after 3 weeks.

In the US, the gap is always 3 weeks for Pfizer I believe and the protection is as expected, 3 weeks is the gap recommended by Pfizer.

Certainly I'm sure it can't hurt to wait but it's not the recommended path for Pfizer or Moderna but is for AZ.

You shouldn't feel concerned or annoyed, 300m people have been vaccinated with the 3 week gap, the UK was just trying to get more single doses done previously.

I'm the end, the risk from getting covid is higher than the risk of having slightly less protection until the booster.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:35 - Jul 2 with 885 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:30 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

So the data supports his view for AZ, it should be at least 8 weeks. However for the mRNA vaccines they were tested on shorter gaps and most other countries give the second dose after 3 weeks.

In the US, the gap is always 3 weeks for Pfizer I believe and the protection is as expected, 3 weeks is the gap recommended by Pfizer.

Certainly I'm sure it can't hurt to wait but it's not the recommended path for Pfizer or Moderna but is for AZ.

You shouldn't feel concerned or annoyed, 300m people have been vaccinated with the 3 week gap, the UK was just trying to get more single doses done previously.

I'm the end, the risk from getting covid is higher than the risk of having slightly less protection until the booster.

SB

As per my other post the NHS are definitely working on 3 weeks. I had my second one yesterday after surgery phoned to move forward from 30/07, and then when I was there they were asking people if they knew anyone still awaiting jabs so long as first not given within last 21 days. Took the opportunity for my wife to run down and get hers

They’re doing walk ins on Sat so absolutely seems to be a push to get them done on that basis

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:38 - Jul 2 with 862 viewsStokieBlue

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:35 - Jul 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

As per my other post the NHS are definitely working on 3 weeks. I had my second one yesterday after surgery phoned to move forward from 30/07, and then when I was there they were asking people if they knew anyone still awaiting jabs so long as first not given within last 21 days. Took the opportunity for my wife to run down and get hers

They’re doing walk ins on Sat so absolutely seems to be a push to get them done on that basis

Indeed, we are currently in a situation where some younger people are double-dosed before older people due to the 12 week gap for AZ and the 3 week gap for Pfizer. I had my second AZ at 9 weeks.

Once again though, it's only applicable to the mRNA vaccines which are what most people are having now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Don’t get the second jab too early on 12:29 - Jul 2 with 631 viewspointofblue

Don’t get the second jab too early on 08:30 - Jul 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better as I had Pfizer!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024