Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs near Liverpool Street 19:11 - Jul 2 with 1413 viewskesblue

I stupidly got tickets for Wimbledon tomorrow,
Anyone know of half decent pubs around Liverpool Street Station where I can watch footi before coming home?
Would I have to book a table or chance it?
Tia.
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:18 - Jul 2 with 1348 viewsKropotkin123

Likelihood is that you will need to book, unless you get there very early. I'm heading to a pub in Borough Market that doesn't take bookings, but will get there an hour before the first game.

I will also pop by before then to let them know I'm intending to go. I think there will be a certain amount of walk-in capacity, to compensate for the no-showers.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:19 - Jul 2 with 1339 viewsMerseyBlue

I can't see you having much luck on that front, although I'm no expert in the area. Might have to be a phone on the park bench job.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

You are gonna struggle.... on 19:21 - Jul 2 with 1333 viewsBloots

....the pubs that have decent viewing facilities (like the Kings Head or The Monories) are going to be fully booked.

You might get lucky in a smaller boozer, but I doubt it really.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:32 - Jul 2 with 1280 viewstivo

Surely it will be on Henman Hill? Murray Mound?
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:49 - Jul 2 with 1247 viewsBlueBadger

The main lesson I'mtaking from this is that tennis, like golf and F1, makes everything worse.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:54 - Jul 2 with 1223 viewsrapier

Always used to be a good drop in The Ship, if it's still open
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 20:08 - Jul 2 with 1170 viewsITFC_Forever

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 19:32 - Jul 2 by tivo

Surely it will be on Henman Hill? Murray Mound?

Won’t they be showing any tennis that is going on. Perhaps from Wimbledon?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 20:17 - Jul 2 with 1138 viewsKropotkin123

Come to think about it, a short walk towards Old Street and there are a load of pubs near flight club. I think they are likely to be your best bet as they don't get much traffic at the weekends, as they mainly cater to the businesses that are/were around there.

Best to double check in case of Covid. But I think Long Arm is the best bet if open as it has a big screen. It's about 10mins walk from Liverpool Street.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 20:19 - Jul 2 with 1126 viewsDBlues

I would have recommended The Williams Ale & Cider House but looks like they are already booked up on the online booking system. You could ring on the off chance someone cancels / doesn’t turn up.

Otherwise you might have more chance with the pubs around Shoreditch if you fancy a walk.
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:08 - Jul 2 with 1027 viewsstonojnr

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 20:19 - Jul 2 by DBlues

I would have recommended The Williams Ale & Cider House but looks like they are already booked up on the online booking system. You could ring on the off chance someone cancels / doesn’t turn up.

Otherwise you might have more chance with the pubs around Shoreditch if you fancy a walk.

its the best pub I think nearest Liverpool St, Ive no idea about them showing football or any covid restrictions theyve had though.

youll need to check what pubs are open on Saturday around there though, as they used to cater more for the Mon-Fri city workers crowds and would shut early on Saturday, or didnt bother opening at all more in the Bank/St Pauls/Blackfriars triangle, as its not a tourist area and just not worth opening for them normally.
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:14 - Jul 2 with 1001 viewsleft_foot

Redwoods at London Bridge is good for Sport, then a 15/20 mins walk back to Liverpool Street
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 976 viewsmonkeymagic

Think this might fit the bill :
https://broadleaflondon.com/
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:34 - Jul 2 with 926 viewsTractorWood

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:20 - Jul 2 by monkeymagic

Think this might fit the bill :
https://broadleaflondon.com/

That place is decent enough for the city. Lots of screens and beer is ok. Should be deadish at the weekend and it's pretty big.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:37 - Jul 2 with 918 viewsDBlues

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:08 - Jul 2 by stonojnr

its the best pub I think nearest Liverpool St, Ive no idea about them showing football or any covid restrictions theyve had though.

youll need to check what pubs are open on Saturday around there though, as they used to cater more for the Mon-Fri city workers crowds and would shut early on Saturday, or didnt bother opening at all more in the Bank/St Pauls/Blackfriars triangle, as its not a tourist area and just not worth opening for them normally.

When I'm in the area that is where I usually go. Good beer and atmosphere. They have it on their site that they are showing all the games.

https://www.williamsspitalfields.com/
Pubs near Liverpool Street on 22:01 - Jul 2 with 867 viewskesblue

Pubs near Liverpool Street on 21:37 - Jul 2 by DBlues

When I'm in the area that is where I usually go. Good beer and atmosphere. They have it on their site that they are showing all the games.

https://www.williamsspitalfields.com/

Soz sausage fingers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024