Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina - minority view 18:10 - Jul 3 with 4552 viewsitfc_bucks

I appear to be in the minority, potentially a minority of one, but I'm not too excited by the potential return of Celina.

Good but not "set the world alight" good.

Presumably, he won't be cheap either...
Celina - minority view on 18:15 - Jul 3 with 3058 viewsTomTheWriter

And what kind of player would 'set the world alight' for you?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Celina - minority view on 18:15 - Jul 3 with 3058 viewsgtsb1966

I agree with you.
Celina - minority view on 18:18 - Jul 3 with 3040 viewschrismakin

When you have had Edwards. Bishop. Dozzell. Bennetts. Judge and sears as your midfield options. Celina is very very big upgrade.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Celina - minority view on 18:22 - Jul 3 with 2997 viewsitfc_bucks

Celina - minority view on 18:15 - Jul 3 by TomTheWriter

And what kind of player would 'set the world alight' for you?

a very good question.

The only name that really pricked my ears up, we were probably never really in the race for, but Waghorn.

For me, I'd be really trying to turn Flynn around and get him back in the First Team picture. Something that we're clearly not entirely privvy to has to have happened in the background for him to be in the Bomb Squad. I hope it's not terminal for his career at PR, but I'd treat the news we were keeping him just as I would a new signing!
Celina - minority view on 18:23 - Jul 3 with 2982 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Terrible take. I mean you will not get any better footballer at this level than Bersant Celina.

Hence why we probably won't get him, because he is far too good for league one.

Who do you want, Messi?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Celina - minority view on 18:26 - Jul 3 with 2953 viewsBryanPlug

Celina - minority view on 18:22 - Jul 3 by itfc_bucks

a very good question.

The only name that really pricked my ears up, we were probably never really in the race for, but Waghorn.

For me, I'd be really trying to turn Flynn around and get him back in the First Team picture. Something that we're clearly not entirely privvy to has to have happened in the background for him to be in the Bomb Squad. I hope it's not terminal for his career at PR, but I'd treat the news we were keeping him just as I would a new signing!

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Celina - minority view on 18:27 - Jul 3 with 2947 viewsN2_Blue

a very good question.

Why can't we do that with Downes and still try to sign Celina. They are completely different players. For what's it worth iIdon't think we will be able to get him but fair play for ambition by the club

We will not get a winger at this level any better than Celina, probably not even close so if it doesn't excite you prepare to be underwhelmed by any wide player we sign.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Celina - minority view on 18:37 - Jul 3 with 2874 viewsTomTheWriter

a very good question.

As much as I have loved Waghorn, and would happily have had him back, you can't say he is more appealing than Bersant Celina.

Waggy had 3 goals and 4 assists before the final game of the season, whereas Celina had 7 assists in Ligue 1, a better division. One's 31, the other is 24? No contest really.

For Flynn, I can't see a way back. He's already tried to force his way out of the club, might be what he's doing now. Too much of a discipline risk sometimes in games, and I'm not sure he'd get in ahead of Harper & Evans in Cook's 'physical, attacking, strong midfield.'

Login to get fewer ads

Celina - minority view on 18:41 - Jul 3 with 2854 viewshomer_123

Personally I don't see it happening.

However, if it did, it would be a significant signing to say the least. He was very decent at Championship level and, quite frankly, should own League 1. In comparison to Bennetts for example, or Sears out wide or Edwards - Celina is many steps ahead of those.

Odd to suggest otherwise.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Celina - minority view on 18:53 - Jul 3 with 2784 viewsbluejacko

Weirded take on this🤔
If everyone is saying he is to good to come here why are people saying they wouldn’t want him? Let’s keep Downes who doesn’t want to be here instead!
Funny old game isn’t it?
Celina - minority view on 19:03 - Jul 3 with 2700 viewsSomethingBlue

He would be the best player in the league by a street.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Celina - minority view on 19:11 - Jul 3 with 2662 viewsfranz_tyson

I’m not sure as well. Would we blow a big part of our budget on him? He’s a bit of an enigma. Can blow hot and cold. Doesn’t seem to fit Cook’s type of player. Would he be on his game on a wet, windy night at Morecombe?
I’d rather we spend big on tried and trusted L1 players. Crooks would be a massive statement.
Celina - minority view on 19:41 - Jul 3 with 2511 viewsBent_double

I kind of understand the sentiment - we've had years of absolute mediocrity and frankly poor players, so it does seem unbelievable that a quality player would want to come here, so not going to even think about getting excited until the deal is done.

One thing that worries me - whether it's Celina or any other decent skilful winger - is that he will be targeted by the carthorse defenders in this division, and could easy be out injured for a lot of the season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Celina - minority view on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 2373 viewsSwansea_Blue

a very good question.

There's room for all of those, as they're all completely different types of players and play in different positions. If anyone thinks we can do better than attracting someone of Celina's pedigree, they need their head read. That doesn't mean he'd be a guaranteed success of coure, but on paper he'd be a superb acquisition.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Celina - minority view on 07:54 - Jul 4 with 2149 viewsitfc_bucks

Celina - minority view on 20:38 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

There's room for all of those, as they're all completely different types of players and play in different positions. If anyone thinks we can do better than attracting someone of Celina's pedigree, they need their head read. That doesn't mean he'd be a guaranteed success of coure, but on paper he'd be a superb acquisition.

I never suggested they were like for like players.

I think there's a certain level of revisionism about how good he was here for us.

I think he's likely to be expensive.

I'd like to be wrong.
Celina - minority view on 09:01 - Jul 4 with 1949 viewsTomTheWriter

Celina - minority view on 07:54 - Jul 4 by itfc_bucks

I never suggested they were like for like players.

I think there's a certain level of revisionism about how good he was here for us.

I think he's likely to be expensive.

I'd like to be wrong.

My hope is that this deal for Celina is not a permanent at all.

It should be either a season-long loan deal, or a loan-to-permanent where we agree to pay Dijon £1mill for Celina if we get promoted.

Celina - minority view on 09:10 - Jul 4 with 1907 viewsWakh

Celina - minority view on 09:01 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

My hope is that this deal for Celina is not a permanent at all.

It should be either a season-long loan deal, or a loan-to-permanent where we agree to pay Dijon £1mill for Celina if we get promoted.

But there are no restrictions on transfer fees this season like there will be next. If we are going to compete in the Championship and invest in future (saleable) assets we need to make some of that investment now.

We have a cap on wages I accept that, but that's far easier to overcome than next season's (If we were to get promoted) FFP rules.
Celina - minority view on 09:15 - Jul 4 with 1889 viewsGeoffSentence

Celina - minority view on 18:23 - Jul 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Terrible take. I mean you will not get any better footballer at this level than Bersant Celina.

Hence why we probably won't get him, because he is far too good for league one.

Who do you want, Messi?

Messi's a no from me. Dont want any of those tax-dodging type down here thank you very much.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Celina - minority view on 09:31 - Jul 4 with 1822 viewsTomTheWriter

Celina - minority view on 09:10 - Jul 4 by Wakh

But there are no restrictions on transfer fees this season like there will be next. If we are going to compete in the Championship and invest in future (saleable) assets we need to make some of that investment now.

We have a cap on wages I accept that, but that's far easier to overcome than next season's (If we were to get promoted) FFP rules.

As much as we might all like what Celina has, you’re asking Brett&Co to spend at least £2million + £15,000 a week on wages for someone who has never played in League One. That would be a huge, criminal mistake from the three lions. If they want a winger permanently, go get Sullay Kaikai after his release from Blackpool. 6 goals and 7 assists last season, 25 y/o, and would probably be on about 3k-4K in wage. Celina, only interest for me is a loan deal.

Celina - minority view on 09:41 - Jul 4 with 1783 viewsStokieBlue

Celina - minority view on 09:31 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

As much as we might all like what Celina has, you’re asking Brett&Co to spend at least £2million + £15,000 a week on wages for someone who has never played in League One. That would be a huge, criminal mistake from the three lions. If they want a winger permanently, go get Sullay Kaikai after his release from Blackpool. 6 goals and 7 assists last season, 25 y/o, and would probably be on about 3k-4K in wage. Celina, only interest for me is a loan deal.

You've got no idea what the fee or wages will be, you've just picked two numbers that suit your argument.

If we are keen on a permanent deal then the finances must be right or we wouldn't be keen and would move onto the next target as has already been proven this close season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Celina - minority view on 09:50 - Jul 4 with 1755 viewscressi

Celina - minority view on 09:41 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

You've got no idea what the fee or wages will be, you've just picked two numbers that suit your argument.

If we are keen on a permanent deal then the finances must be right or we wouldn't be keen and would move onto the next target as has already been proven this close season.

SB

Maybe in a logical world we can afford him there could be a 500 grand bonus for promotion and the same sort of deal if we got to the championship players should have win bonuses horrible but money makes them even more hungry
Celina - minority view on 09:52 - Jul 4 with 1742 viewsghostofescobar

Is this your username because you like to buck the trend?

GhostOfEscobar

Celina - minority view on 09:52 - Jul 4 with 1738 viewsTomTheWriter

Celina - minority view on 09:41 - Jul 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Guess I have to drop the evidence down now then.

Celina cost Dijon £2.7million from Swansea City. He is on £20,000 a week, currently their second or third highest earner. You can check that at salarysport.com. He has three years left on his deal with Dijon, ball is in their park. He got the same amount of assists last season (6) as Neymar. Bersant Celina will be one of the best players in Ligue 2 next season, and you think Dijon are willingly going to lose a lot of money on a player good enough for Ligue 1? To a League One side?

Do you also think Celina is going to drop his wages to a League One level, which might I add is around the 5-6k mark? This will either be the greatest deal Mark Ashton ever performs, convincing Celina to go from being a good Ligue 1 player, to coming down to League One, dropping his wages by £10k, or it will be the sensible option of trying to loan him in for a season, like Keanan Bennetts.

Celina - minority view on 09:54 - Jul 4 with 1720 viewsbluejacko

Celina - minority view on 09:31 - Jul 4 by TomTheWriter

No we aren’t asking! Don’t you think that they have not thought any of this through if indeed there is anything in this?
Celina - minority view on 09:57 - Jul 4 with 1708 viewsfooters

Celina - minority view on 09:54 - Jul 4 by bluejacko

No we aren’t asking! Don’t you think that they have not thought any of this through if indeed there is anything in this?

I'm surprised the club haven't hired this obvious football expert with access to google. Surely a club will come in for his expertise sooner or later.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024