Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off 09:14 - Jul 5 with 2230 viewstextbackup

waking up on the hour through night to sweet caroline, 3 lions, vindaloo going round and round in my head.....

genuinely cant see us getting to this point and not being at the final, we just look so switched on, solid, organised.

felt the same after the bolton playoff, that there was no way we werent going to finish the job.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 1781 viewsOldboy

Exciting times. England winning the Euros and Ipswich doing serious business to get out of L1. Great time to be a football fan.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 1788 viewsdavblue

Denmark are a good side, feel like they have been underestimated by quite a few. Plus they have a driving force behind them. (Eriksen) which can be very powerful in tournament football.

We have a good chance in the semi but I would be wry wary about Italy, they look a really good side.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:25 - Jul 5 with 1749 viewsOldboy

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:19 - Jul 5 by davblue

Denmark are a good side, feel like they have been underestimated by quite a few. Plus they have a driving force behind them. (Eriksen) which can be very powerful in tournament football.

We have a good chance in the semi but I would be wry wary about Italy, they look a really good side.

Think Spain will beat them. They seem to be getting through without playing great. We will win both Wednesday and Sunday.Even if we play Italy, Gareth will have a plan. Relax, enjoy and then celebrate.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:26 - Jul 5 with 1735 viewsdavblue

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:25 - Jul 5 by Oldboy

Think Spain will beat them. They seem to be getting through without playing great. We will win both Wednesday and Sunday.Even if we play Italy, Gareth will have a plan. Relax, enjoy and then celebrate.

Italy have been the most impressive team so far. Have you been watching?
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:29 - Jul 5 with 1720 viewstextbackup

im not underestimating them, i didnt with ukraine either, but they only one 1 game in the group.
yes the eriksen situation is a driving force, but then we have our own, the fact its at wembley, massive loud crowd, and the final at wembley too, them players will use that to drive them on. and we have the experience/heartache from missing out in 2 semi finals in last 2 competitions. 3rd time lucky ;)

will worry about whoever we face in the final if we get there..... but i just dont envisage us not being there on sunday evening.

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:34 - Jul 5 with 1697 viewsOldboy

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:26 - Jul 5 by davblue

I most certainly have and yes Italy have been amazing, but winning when not at your best seems to bring rewards. Spain have been average up to now, but a game against Italy will fire them up. Italy should win, but so should have France. Reckon it will be a Spanish night on Tuesday. As for Denmark, we beat them 2-0.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:36 - Jul 5 with 1680 viewsGuthrum

Italy have played some of the nicest football, but England have probably been the most clinical, as in efficiently winning matches.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:44 - Jul 5 with 1639 viewsclive_baker

Southgate has got this group absolutely wired for success, you love to see it. Denmark are a decent side and well organised, but on paper way shouldn't be losing to them. Of course anything can happen, but I just think we've not only got better players and greater depth, but we're absolutely brimming with confidence. They're a known quantity too, classically European in their play, so the signs point to a home win.

A final against Italy or Spain is a real coin toss. Could go either way, and being at Wembley is certainly nice for us. To be honest, IF we get to the final then it's a bit of a free hit for me. Of course I would love us to win but I'm proud of the journey so far, beating the Germans and going all the way.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:47 - Jul 5 with 1611 viewsIpswichKnight

In the group stages they looked very good but looked average against a very limited Austrian team, if it wasn’t for VAR they’d been out at the 2nd round stage. They are still a good team but we shouldn’t fear them they have weaknesses like we do as well.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:05 - Jul 5 with 1533 viewsdavblue

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:47 - Jul 5 by IpswichKnight

In the group stages they looked very good but looked average against a very limited Austrian team, if it wasn’t for VAR they’d been out at the 2nd round stage. They are still a good team but we shouldn’t fear them they have weaknesses like we do as well.

“If it wasn’t for VAR” great point, we do so....

Are you forgetting them beating Belgium pretty impressively?
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:12 - Jul 5 with 1499 viewsclive_baker

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 09:47 - Jul 5 by IpswichKnight

I know they made a lot of changes and they were already through, but I thought they were pretty average against Wales too. They looked very neat and tidy against Belgium though, who are a tough nut to crack. They're classically Italian, solid defensively, and won the midfield battle against De Bruyne, Witsel, Tielemans.

I never watch French football so always forget how good Verratti is. Class act. An England v Italy final would be a very interesting spectacle to be fair.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:13 - Jul 5 with 1491 viewshype313

Two things to consider, we are still yet to concede, which has gone unnoticed.

Also, Italy's best player and arguably the Player of the tournament Spinazzola is out, he has been a real thorn against other teams and is a big link to their forward line.

It's coming home, no one can convince me otherwise, and I'm one of the most pessimistic England fans you could find.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:28 - Jul 5 with 1440 viewsFtnfwest

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:13 - Jul 5 by hype313

Two things to consider, we are still yet to concede, which has gone unnoticed.

Also, Italy's best player and arguably the Player of the tournament Spinazzola is out, he has been a real thorn against other teams and is a big link to their forward line.

It's coming home, no one can convince me otherwise, and I'm one of the most pessimistic England fans you could find.

At the start of the tournament i thought (and still do) that the only two teams that we couldn't beat, even on our 'best day' were France and Belgium. Luckily other teams have beaten them for us so even though i too are endlessly pessimistic about England, they genuinely have a great chance here. We just need to move the ball more quickly and more regularly.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 1420 viewsGuthrum

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:12 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

I know they made a lot of changes and they were already through, but I thought they were pretty average against Wales too. They looked very neat and tidy against Belgium though, who are a tough nut to crack. They're classically Italian, solid defensively, and won the midfield battle against De Bruyne, Witsel, Tielemans.

I never watch French football so always forget how good Verratti is. Class act. An England v Italy final would be a very interesting spectacle to be fair.

I think it would be a slow and cagey struggle, with Grealish feeding Kane or Sterling the winner in the final few minutes, followed by a spectacular Pickford save in added time.

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:30 - Jul 5 with 1418 viewshammo56

Knowing England it will probably end up 0-0 aet and we will go out on penalties.
It would then be a case of not conceding a goal in the tournament but still going out before the final.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:32 - Jul 5 with 1401 viewshype313

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:28 - Jul 5 by Ftnfwest

At the start of the tournament i thought (and still do) that the only two teams that we couldn't beat, even on our 'best day' were France and Belgium. Luckily other teams have beaten them for us so even though i too are endlessly pessimistic about England, they genuinely have a great chance here. We just need to move the ball more quickly and more regularly.

I had it it a France v Belgium final, but it just goes to show what you think on paper can be totally irrelevant in tournament football. The French seem to have too many ego's and Belgium felt the weight of "The Golden Generation" Tag too heavy (Something we went through)

I don't think we need to fear anyone now, the Danes are well organised and riding a crest of an emotional wave, but that will come to a dignified end on Wednedsay.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:41 - Jul 5 with 1369 viewsGuthrum

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:28 - Jul 5 by Ftnfwest

I think that last bit is not how this England team play. It's all about slow and careful build-up, moving the ball around, absorbing pressure when it comes, waiting patiently for a mistake, then hitting them with speed and energy when an opening finally appears.

There is no need for urgency, chances will come, someone will move to the wrong place and leave a gap to exploit, with our goalscorers suddenly bursting forwards in response.

It's not pretty or exciting for most of the game, but, combined with England's (so far) impenetrable defence, it has carried us to a semi-final.

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:43 - Jul 5 with 1351 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:32 - Jul 5 by hype313

I had it it a France v Belgium final, but it just goes to show what you think on paper can be totally irrelevant in tournament football. The French seem to have too many ego's and Belgium felt the weight of "The Golden Generation" Tag too heavy (Something we went through)

I don't think we need to fear anyone now, the Danes are well organised and riding a crest of an emotional wave, but that will come to a dignified end on Wednedsay.

Which one of France/Belgium did you think wouldn’t win their group?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:51 - Jul 5 with 1306 viewsJakeITFC

You going on Wednesday mate?
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:52 - Jul 5 with 1305 viewsFtnfwest

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:41 - Jul 5 by Guthrum

I think that last bit is not how this England team play. It's all about slow and careful build-up, moving the ball around, absorbing pressure when it comes, waiting patiently for a mistake, then hitting them with speed and energy when an opening finally appears.

There is no need for urgency, chances will come, someone will move to the wrong place and leave a gap to exploit, with our goalscorers suddenly bursting forwards in response.

It's not pretty or exciting for most of the game, but, combined with England's (so far) impenetrable defence, it has carried us to a semi-final.

that's correct re style but i think saturday's game went that way more due to the hot conditions. Others tend to use the quicker passing both because they are technically able to and also that it pulls the opposition around more. Anyway lets face it, now one or hopefully two games at home so a great chance.
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 11:00 - Jul 5 with 1258 viewsGuthrum

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:52 - Jul 5 by Ftnfwest

that's correct re style but i think saturday's game went that way more due to the hot conditions. Others tend to use the quicker passing both because they are technically able to and also that it pulls the opposition around more. Anyway lets face it, now one or hopefully two games at home so a great chance.

It's how we've played in most of our matches. The Ukraine game moved faster because the opposition ran out of steam and fell apart somewhat, leaving more openings. And only Scotland's doughty defending didn't give us anything we could use.

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 1252 viewstextbackup

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 10:51 - Jul 5 by JakeITFC

You going on Wednesday mate?

yes mate, seems to be good number of Town fans with tickets too.

I can stop singing football songs, by myself, at home..... need that first beer Wednesday to hurry up and get here to calm me down a bit

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 11:19 - Jul 5 with 1178 viewsGeoffSentence

Not just a good side, Denmark are brilliant, amazing, fantastic. I have this on the good authority of Robbie Savage.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 11:22 - Jul 5 with 1156 viewsWD19

Yep, playing against this Italian side is purgatory. They are a top side when they want to be and cheat like fck most of the rest of the time. Could be the most frustrating game in history for whoever gets to play them in a final. Hopefully Spain do them over (for the sake of the final - whoever else is in it).
next couple of days, and nights, complete write off on 11:29 - Jul 5 with 1128 viewsBathBlue

I’m 100% with you on this! I’m emigrating at the end of the month and have so much to prepare but can’t stop thinking about football! Having semi and final tickets adds to the distraction. Haven’t been able to stop singing the Harry Maguire song!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024