Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompey talking about us spending... 16:01 - Jul 5 with 4437 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/portsmouth-ceo-pinpoin

‘Some owners are finding they can no longer do that as their own businesses suffered during the pandemic. In League One, there are three clubs spending huge money - Wigan Ipswich, Sunderland.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:07 - Jul 5 with 4040 viewschrismakin

If they weren't going ahead with their multimillion ground refurb, they would have some money.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:11 - Jul 5 with 3997 viewsParsley

Have Sunderland signed anyone?
Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:12 - Jul 5 with 4000 viewsSomethingBlue

Going to be a lot of clubs looking forward to having a pop at us this season, going to need to be extremely smart even if we do get our biggest targets in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:14 - Jul 5 with 3947 viewschrismakin

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:12 - Jul 5 by SomethingBlue

Going to be a lot of clubs looking forward to having a pop at us this season, going to need to be extremely smart even if we do get our biggest targets in.

Its almost as if they havent noticed we got rid of 3 squads worth of players recently throughout various levels of the club. The finances we are using arent even coming from the owners pockets.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:16 - Jul 5 with 3898 viewspointofblue

I don’t think Portsmouth are in any position to judge sides spending money - unless they won the FA Cup off the back of magic beans.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:17 - Jul 5 with 3889 viewsjaykay

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:11 - Jul 5 by Parsley

Have Sunderland signed anyone?

have we spent any money as well. dozzell million takes care of what we have spent. plus we must have £20000 a week savings from all the players let go

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:18 - Jul 5 with 3845 viewsfooters

They don't need to worry, they're one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:20 - Jul 5 with 3821 viewsdavblue

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:14 - Jul 5 by chrismakin

Its almost as if they havent noticed we got rid of 3 squads worth of players recently throughout various levels of the club. The finances we are using arent even coming from the owners pockets.

Of course it is!
Login to get fewer ads

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:21 - Jul 5 with 3810 viewsParsley

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:17 - Jul 5 by jaykay

have we spent any money as well. dozzell million takes care of what we have spent. plus we must have £20000 a week savings from all the players let go

I like how everyone thinks they have just discovered the 'player trading model' as if that isn't how transfers have worked for years
Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:48 - Jul 5 with 3535 viewsIpswichKnight

All Sunderlands players are on Furlough at the moment, suspect EFL will take a long hard look ( then decide nothing to see ) at there books if they suddenly then decide to blow us and Wigan out of the water.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 17:38 - Jul 5 with 3205 viewsOldboy

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:12 - Jul 5 by SomethingBlue

If we get our biggest signing in, they might as well give us the trophy now. Nobody will get within 20 points of us. We won't get all our targets and will have to fight for every point. We are Ipswich, never make life easy.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 18:13 - Jul 5 with 3007 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 19:29 - Jul 5 with 2644 viewsArnieM

Do you know what? I don’t give a flying one . Our Club has been in the doldrums long enough . I don’t think we are flouting the financial rules , so we’ve nothing to worry about . It’s sour grapes by the rest of them , and to be fair of the Clubs listed as big spenders , two of them shouldn’t really be in division three of the EFL anyway.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Pompey talking about us spending... on 19:43 - Jul 5 with 2550 viewsWallingford_Boy

Pompey talking about us spending... on 16:20 - Jul 5 by davblue

Of course it is!

Errrr no, it really isn’t.

Yet anyway.

RIP Sir Bobby

Pompey talking about us spending... on 19:46 - Jul 5 with 2529 viewsLamp

Main take away - who uses "who're" instead of "who are"?
Pompey talking about us spending... on 20:24 - Jul 5 with 2329 viewsCoco

Pompey talking about us spending... on 19:46 - Jul 5 by Lamp

Main take away - who uses "who're" instead of "who are"?

David Pleat?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 20:27 - Jul 5 with 2297 viewsdavblue

Pompey talking about us spending... on 19:43 - Jul 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Errrr no, it really isn’t.

Yet anyway.

So we have money in the bank to pay fees for players when we’ve been running at a loss over x amount of seasons?
Pompey talking about us spending... on 20:47 - Jul 5 with 2197 viewsKropotkin123

Pompey talking about us spending... on 17:38 - Jul 5 by Oldboy

If we get our biggest signing in, they might as well give us the trophy now. Nobody will get within 20 points of us. We won't get all our targets and will have to fight for every point. We are Ipswich, never make life easy.

Where's that same optimism you're showing England? :)

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Pompey talking about us spending... on 20:48 - Jul 5 with 2195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wait until they find out we spent nearly £100m to go from challenging for a PL spot to a mid-table L1 side.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 07:36 - Jul 6 with 1578 viewsOldboy

They ain't that bright bless um.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 07:59 - Jul 6 with 1498 viewsquad

I think that they are very jealous and that this is all sour grapes.

This might come back to bite me on the backside but I'm predicting that Ipswich have a far better season and finish well above Portsmouth. I don't think Portsmouth will finish in the top six and I think that Cook will prove himself to be a far better manager than the Cowleys this time around. We got the right man, Danny Cowley is making excuses for their upcoming failings already.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 08:04 - Jul 6 with 1469 viewsOldboy

Pompey talking about us spending... on 07:59 - Jul 6 by quad

This might come back to bite me on the backside but I'm predicting that Ipswich have a far better season and finish well above Portsmouth. I don't think Portsmouth will finish in the top six and I think that Cook will prove himself to be a far better manager than the Cowleys this time around. We got the right man, Danny Cowley is making excuses for their upcoming failings already.

Think Portsmouth will be around the top 6, but other than that, spot on.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 08:31 - Jul 6 with 1351 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pompey talking about us spending... on 07:59 - Jul 6 by quad

I don’t think it is, just reads to me as someone getting excuses in early and adjusting fans expectations down before a ball has been kicked

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Pompey talking about us spending... on 09:00 - Jul 6 with 1278 viewsquad

Pompey talking about us spending... on 08:31 - Jul 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t think it is, just reads to me as someone getting excuses in early and adjusting fans expectations down before a ball has been kicked

OK maybe not sour grapes but I think they know that they are really going to struggle to get promoted. Hence why they are trying to lower fans expectation levels and lining up excuses early on like you said.
Pompey talking about us spending... on 10:34 - Jul 6 with 1116 viewsRadlett_blue

This strikes me as very similar to 2009, when we were convinced that Marcus's millions & a new manager with experience of getting promotion would see us walk the league. The only difference is that we're a division lower.
Let's hope Cook is a better manager than Keane

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024