Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy vs Spain 10:00 - Jul 6 with 2940 viewsBarcaBlue

Was watching TV Catalunya this morning and the Euros semi final was the second item in the sports slot. The first was Brazil beating Peru, an assist from ex-Barcelonista Neymar, then a bit about Messi playing for Argentina in the other semi tonight. In other news Spain take on Italy in the Euros semi final.

Onto the match, I'm predicting extra time and penalties. O-0 with few opportunities. Spain are lacking a player that can turn a match, maybe Pedri but at 18 I can't see him having enough influence. Italy have looked good but Spain have enough about them to keep them quiet.

Italy vs Spain on 10:02 - Jul 6 with 2893 viewsCoco

one team takes the lead then cheats and dives for the rest of the match.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Italy vs Spain on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 2870 viewsOldboy

If it goes to penalties, Spain lose. They are bloody useless at them. I just think Spain will win 2-1. Italy have been great, but I just think the Spanish will win it. Probably me hoping so, as I think Spain will be easier to beat in the final.
Italy vs Spain on 10:05 - Jul 6 with 2870 viewsclive_baker

The lack of interest in the Spain side, is that a Catalunya thing specifically or felt more widely in Spain. I heard one of the commentators the other day saying before the tournament there wasn't a lot of love for the team or excitement for the competition.

I remember being in Sicily once when Italy were playing a big game, I was pretty pumped for what I thought would be a good atmosphere. How wrong I was, a lot of the locals were either not at all interested, or actively supporting the opposition.

Agree it'll be a tight one tonight, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a great tournament.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 10:08]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Italy vs Spain on 10:06 - Jul 6 with 2855 viewsfarkenhell

Italy vs Spain on 10:02 - Jul 6 by Coco

one team takes the lead then cheats and dives for the rest of the match.

This.

Although Italy seem to be the champions at this.
Italy vs Spain on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 2855 viewsfooters

Italy vs Spain on 10:05 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

The lack of interest in the Spain side, is that a Catalunya thing specifically or felt more widely in Spain. I heard one of the commentators the other day saying before the tournament there wasn't a lot of love for the team or excitement for the competition.

I remember being in Sicily once when Italy were playing a big game, I was pretty pumped for what I thought would be a good atmosphere. How wrong I was, a lot of the locals were either not at all interested, or actively supporting the opposition.

Agree it'll be a tight one tonight, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a great tournament.

Two Spaniards I work with have zero interest in the game, apparently. And they're in the Euro prediction league so it's not as if they don't like football. In fact, one of them is actually half Italian and will be rooting for them tonight.

They're a funny old bunch, aren't they?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italy vs Spain on 10:10 - Jul 6 with 2832 viewstextbackup

italy 2-1 me thinks

saw a stat that the italian keeper hasnt ever conceded more than 1 in any game hes played for italy in?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Italy vs Spain on 10:15 - Jul 6 with 2793 viewsclive_baker

Italy vs Spain on 10:07 - Jul 6 by footers

Two Spaniards I work with have zero interest in the game, apparently. And they're in the Euro prediction league so it's not as if they don't like football. In fact, one of them is actually half Italian and will be rooting for them tonight.

They're a funny old bunch, aren't they?

Like the bell ends in Liverpool who proclaim to be 'scouse not English' until a bit of success comes along, or a Liverpool player scores.

Bunch of bell ends.

Italy vs Spain on 10:27 - Jul 6 with 2703 viewsBarcaBlue

Italy vs Spain on 10:05 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

Yeah, probably stronger disinterest in Catalunya but you're right there doesn't appear to be any national wave of excitement.

It may be due to the combination of no Madrid players in the squad and Luis Enrique as coach. I love the guy but his years playing for and managing Barça after a stint at Madrid mean he's not universally liked. He's also making the side mirror his own football persona, more aggressive and more direct.

The Spanish supporter loves a good whistle, boo and wave of the white hanky. Morata suffered all that in his first couple of group games so Luis Enrique's response was to say in the next match he'd play Morata and ten others. That got a fair few wound up, Morata had a decent game and scored. No more booing but the distrust of Luis Enrique continues.
Login to get fewer ads

Italy vs Spain on 10:30 - Jul 6 with 2674 viewsBiGDonnie

I've gone for 1-1 and a spain win in extra time.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Italy vs Spain on 12:08 - Jul 6 with 2537 viewsMerseyBlue

Italy vs Spain on 10:15 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

Like the bell ends in Liverpool who proclaim to be 'scouse not English' until a bit of success comes along, or a Liverpool player scores.

Bunch of bell ends.

You do see a bit of that up here but I do think it has been overstated by the loud mouths that populate Liverpool twitter. Most scousers I know love the national side and there are plenty of flags up around my area. Plenty of noise along my street for the Germany and Ukraine games!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Italy vs Spain on 12:10 - Jul 6 with 2535 viewsFtnfwest

As well as the previous answers, having won the world cup and euros twice they had a bit of a fall from that peak, so not sure it would be the same level of interest at the moment as it is here. The thing with Spain is, you have to get the ball off them, and since Busquets came back in they've been a lot steadier in that regard. Italy certainly capable of beating them, and if they get in from you feel should go on to win.
Italy vs Spain on 12:17 - Jul 6 with 2495 viewsfergalsharkey

Italy vs Spain on 10:05 - Jul 6 by Oldboy

If it goes to penalties, Spain lose. They are bloody useless at them. I just think Spain will win 2-1. Italy have been great, but I just think the Spanish will win it. Probably me hoping so, as I think Spain will be easier to beat in the final.

we are not in the final.

Poll: Cook out?

Italy vs Spain on 13:16 - Jul 6 with 2379 viewsjeera

You'd assume the Italians wouldn't you as things have stood.

Either way we have our own hurdle to get over before worrying about them!

England or Denmark, that is the question.

I'm guessing others are getting anxious by now and I'm far from alone.

Funny how the Spanish aren't getting behind their national side in numbers, I would have expected the opposite despite taking on board your posts on this. Strange old bunch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Italy vs Spain on 13:29 - Jul 6 with 2335 viewsgiant_stow

Italy vs Spain on 10:27 - Jul 6 by BarcaBlue

Yeah, probably stronger disinterest in Catalunya but you're right there doesn't appear to be any national wave of excitement.

It may be due to the combination of no Madrid players in the squad and Luis Enrique as coach. I love the guy but his years playing for and managing Barça after a stint at Madrid mean he's not universally liked. He's also making the side mirror his own football persona, more aggressive and more direct.

The Spanish supporter loves a good whistle, boo and wave of the white hanky. Morata suffered all that in his first couple of group games so Luis Enrique's response was to say in the next match he'd play Morata and ten others. That got a fair few wound up, Morata had a decent game and scored. No more booing but the distrust of Luis Enrique continues.

Fascinating stuff - cheers - thought the Spanish had got over their disinterest in the national side, so I know nothing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Italy vs Spain on 13:45 - Jul 6 with 2282 viewsclive_baker

Italy vs Spain on 13:16 - Jul 6 by jeera

You'd assume the Italians wouldn't you as things have stood.

Either way we have our own hurdle to get over before worrying about them!

England or Denmark, that is the question.

I'm guessing others are getting anxious by now and I'm far from alone.

Funny how the Spanish aren't getting behind their national side in numbers, I would have expected the opposite despite taking on board your posts on this. Strange old bunch.

Innit Jeera. Certainly a hurdle for England, although weirdly I'm not at all anxious, perhaps that's in part because I'm quietly confident we'll win tomorrow.

I was very nervous for the Germany game, so much so that I could barely enjoy it. Mainly because it was Germany I think, and going out at that stage would've been really disappointing. At the risk of sounding a bit tinpot and defeatist, now we're the furthest home nation and having got further than Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium I feel kind of relaxed about it. It's been a good tournament for us, back to back semi finals (minimum), it's a good time to be an England supporter.

Also I could deal with Denmark winning it, after the whole Erikson incident. That makes it a bit more palatable. I couldn't deal with losing to Germany or Scotland.

Italy vs Spain on 13:49 - Jul 6 with 2261 viewsjeera

Italy vs Spain on 13:45 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

Innit Jeera. Certainly a hurdle for England, although weirdly I'm not at all anxious, perhaps that's in part because I'm quietly confident we'll win tomorrow.

I was very nervous for the Germany game, so much so that I could barely enjoy it. Mainly because it was Germany I think, and going out at that stage would've been really disappointing. At the risk of sounding a bit tinpot and defeatist, now we're the furthest home nation and having got further than Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium I feel kind of relaxed about it. It's been a good tournament for us, back to back semi finals (minimum), it's a good time to be an England supporter.

Also I could deal with Denmark winning it, after the whole Erikson incident. That makes it a bit more palatable. I couldn't deal with losing to Germany or Scotland.

Yeah see, I've been the other way around. I've been confident until now but my expectations are now so high I think 'll be gutted at anything less than tournament winners.

We have had/do have the extra home venue advantage and really should capitalise on that.

This is our chance.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Italy vs Spain on 13:58 - Jul 6 with 2232 viewsclive_baker

Italy vs Spain on 13:49 - Jul 6 by jeera

Yeah see, I've been the other way around. I've been confident until now but my expectations are now so high I think 'll be gutted at anything less than tournament winners.

We have had/do have the extra home venue advantage and really should capitalise on that.

This is our chance.

Agree with that, dare I say I struggle to see how we'll get a better chance than now. Denmark standing between us and a final...on home turf.

I hope we properly go for it. If we're to lose, so be it but lets do so knowing we had a go. A ship is always safe on the shore, but that's not what it's built for.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:18 - Jul 6 with 2186 viewsOldboy

Italy vs Spain on 12:17 - Jul 6 by fergalsharkey

we are not in the final.

Italy vs Spain on 14:18 - Jul 6 with 2185 viewsOldboy

Italy vs Spain on 12:17 - Jul 6 by fergalsharkey

we are not in the final.

Obviously 2 of you on here today. Bit like buses.
Italy vs Spain on 14:26 - Jul 6 with 2162 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not sure football has ever been huge in spain compared to torturing animals - and a slightly spread out Euros has passed Spain by.

I'm not sure anyone other than you thinks they have a prayer against Itay - but who knows.

On a slightly different topic there was a nice quote in the Danish press. "The trophy will be won by one of three great European footballing powers - but one must never write off England"

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Italy vs Spain on 15:33 - Jul 6 with 2076 viewscleggo

Italy vs Spain on 10:27 - Jul 6 by BarcaBlue

as a fellow Barcelona based blue whose acquainted with a fair amount of locals here, I don't (perhaps not surprising considering the Catalunya/Spain divide) know anybody who is actively supporting Spain. However, I've heard it said quite a few times that they would be supporting Spain as an exception tonight, just as it's Italy
Italy vs Spain on 15:39 - Jul 6 with 2065 viewswkj

Should we beat Denmark, I think many will fancy Spain more than Italy - However, If we play the Italians like we did the Germans we might have more of a chance.

Spain are a young team and willing to take risks. Sure, they are nowhere close to the real deal that they used to be - but I just can't see how aggressive pressing will be as effective against a younger team who might be more willing to express themselves.

Either way, first things first - Denmark is not an easy game for us. Their only real blip was Finland - and they clearly had more than football on their mind that night. Otherwise, strong, resolute and hard working (very much like England is right now)

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Italy vs Spain on 18:50 - Jul 6 with 1938 viewsBarcaBlue

Italy vs Spain on 15:33 - Jul 6 by cleggo

as a fellow Barcelona based blue whose acquainted with a fair amount of locals here, I don't (perhaps not surprising considering the Catalunya/Spain divide) know anybody who is actively supporting Spain. However, I've heard it said quite a few times that they would be supporting Spain as an exception tonight, just as it's Italy

I get the feeling there are a large number of Catalans who secretly want Spain to do well, just they wouldn't admit to it in public.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024