Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No comprendo 21:49 - Jul 6 with 1039 viewsGeoffSentence

Why wasnt that a penalty?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

No comprendo on 21:51 - Jul 6 with 1028 viewsZx1988

No intention to handle, and the arm was in a natural position in the circumstances.

I thought the same initially and was bemused as to why it wasn’t VARed, but the replay from the better angle made it crystal clear.

Top refereeing.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:53]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

No comprendo on 21:52 - Jul 6 with 996 viewsBluefish

No comprendo on 21:51 - Jul 6 by Zx1988

No intention to handle, and the arm was in a natural position in the circumstances.

I thought the same initially and was bemused as to why it wasn’t VARed, but the replay from the better angle made it crystal clear.

Top refereeing.

Pretty obvious really

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

No comprendo on 21:52 - Jul 6 with 990 viewsScuzzer

Because they dont give handball if the player kicks it onto his own hand.

Established 1968

No comprendo on 21:53 - Jul 6 with 975 viewsGeoffSentence

Top refereeing.

that unnatural position thing seems a bit wooly to me. Remember Mark McGuiness giving away a penalty by kicking the ball onto his own arm? Given his stance his arm was in a perfectly normal position, but it was enough to be deemed a penalty.

No comprendo on 21:53 - Jul 6 with 972 viewsRonFearonsHair

Top refereeing.

Yes, it would have ruined the game had it been given.
No comprendo on 21:55 - Jul 6 with 943 viewsZx1988

No comprendo on 21:53 - Jul 6 by GeoffSentence

that unnatural position thing seems a bit wooly to me. Remember Mark McGuiness giving away a penalty by kicking the ball onto his own arm? Given his stance his arm was in a perfectly normal position, but it was enough to be deemed a penalty.

Not having seen the McGuinness incident, I’d hazard that’s simply a case in point as to why Herr Dr Brych is refereeing in a European Championship semi-final, whilst the other bloke is reffing in League 1.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 21:55]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

No comprendo on 22:54 - Jul 6 with 831 viewsGuthrum

Tho in this case, the Italian's arm was supporting his body, not flapping loose. Moving it out of the way would have meant falling flat on his face.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No comprendo on 08:42 - Jul 7 with 703 viewsandytown

Didn’t they change the rules at some point? Might have been during the season?
Login to get fewer ads

No comprendo on 09:00 - Jul 7 with 655 viewsSwansea_Blue

No comprendo on 08:42 - Jul 7 by andytown

I thought they'd changed it to take away the intent part and only now had the T-shirt rule - so if it hits the arm or hand anywhere below short sleeve length then it's a pen, irrespective of intent. That would be stupid of course, but I'm pretty sure that was the change that was made (or at least discussed to death last summer).
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 9:00]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No comprendo on 09:09 - Jul 7 with 637 viewsGeoffSentence

No comprendo on 08:42 - Jul 7 by andytown

That might explain it I suppose.

Would also be typical Ipswich to fall foul of it before The Man decided it was bollox and reverted it, like the crack down on wrestling at corners which resulted in a penalty against us in the first game it was applied, then seemed to be forgotten.

No comprendo on 09:32 - Jul 7 with 619 viewsfarkenhell

Top refereeing.

Wouldn't his natural position have both arms raised? Or, perhaps, both stretched out for a swallow dive?
No comprendo on 17:24 - Jul 7 with 538 viewsquad

No comprendo on 09:32 - Jul 7 by farkenhell

Wouldn't his natural position have both arms raised? Or, perhaps, both stretched out for a swallow dive?

If his hand had been in its natural position then he would have been arrested
No comprendo on 19:19 - Jul 7 with 498 viewsWickets

Yes that was a Ref from a lot lower level who made a huge mistake .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024