Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! 09:26 - Jul 7 with 1479 viewsunstableblue

Still feels we’re 5 players short.

I was somewhat panicked earlier in pre-season, then a flurry of 4 players, and Dobra reintroduced to first team dressing room

It seems Norwood and KVY are fit and we also have Donacien hopefully impressing - think he’s good back up

GK - OK, but may see another

Toto, Ndaba, Wolfenden, Baggot - need another CB

Left back we only have Penney, and he’s actually more forward minded - need another LB

How fit is Nolan?? Evans and Harper some seem to think will start? Will Downes be rehabilitated? Another DM

Wingers/#10s, we have Burns, we have Dobra, El Mizouni - we need another attacking mid at least

We have Norwood and bonne up front - so we need one more

So to summarise LB, CB, DM, AM, CF

So at the very very least it’s 5 players needed!!!!!

Let’s move that the alert level to def-con 2!

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 09:53 - Jul 7 with 1405 viewsunstableblue

Will it be the 'first team dressing room' travelling to Dartford? which I think is now 15 players

Or a selection from U23 included as well? I assume they'll need to given the number of subs typically used

I assume the selection of the U23 would not include those on the naughty step such as Jackson, Downes, Bishop

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:15 - Jul 7 with 1338 viewsN2_Blue

With the number of players we are confirmed as interested in and trying to sign there really is nothing to worry about in terms of squad numbers....the positions will be covered. The squad is no where near done I think it will be way more than 5 players, especially considering further exits.

Whether we get our main targets is a different question but 5-6 more players coming in...of course that is going to happen...there is really no need to keep bringing this up.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 1322 viewsRadlett_blue

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 09:53 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

Will it be the 'first team dressing room' travelling to Dartford? which I think is now 15 players

Or a selection from U23 included as well? I assume they'll need to given the number of subs typically used

I assume the selection of the U23 would not include those on the naughty step such as Jackson, Downes, Bishop

If past is a guide, Town will take 22 players & give them all a half. This will involve some of the renegades and/or U23 players.
I still think what we're doing with players with decent first team experience is very strange, especially if we're hoping to get fees for them, but I can only assume that Cook wants to create a harmonious, focused first team squad.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:30 - Jul 7 with 1293 viewsunstableblue

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:22 - Jul 7 by Radlett_blue

If past is a guide, Town will take 22 players & give them all a half. This will involve some of the renegades and/or U23 players.
I still think what we're doing with players with decent first team experience is very strange, especially if we're hoping to get fees for them, but I can only assume that Cook wants to create a harmonious, focused first team squad.

Clearly the likes of Jackson, Chambo started to slate Cook's methods/style and that spread to quite a wide group... its perhaps Cook's own fault he was unable to win them over, or the fact he went to Def-Con 3 so early in throwing players under the bus

Cook has separated dissenters (renegades) from new players and those who have shown positivity to the Cook project - now Dobra included - as you say to create a harmonious and focussed first team squad.

Many renegades have left. So the likes of Jackson may not travel. And we'll see young members of the U23 squad such as Baggot and Simpson travel.

Get why Cook is going it.... but it leaves us lite on numbers, even if we get another 3-4 players in during pre-season.

All very interesting. And all a bit of a gamble. But I really back Cook... the lethargy, inconsistency and lack of wunning desire in the likes of Ward, Chambo, Sears, was horrible

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:32 - Jul 7 with 1272 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:30 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

Clearly the likes of Jackson, Chambo started to slate Cook's methods/style and that spread to quite a wide group... its perhaps Cook's own fault he was unable to win them over, or the fact he went to Def-Con 3 so early in throwing players under the bus

Cook has separated dissenters (renegades) from new players and those who have shown positivity to the Cook project - now Dobra included - as you say to create a harmonious and focussed first team squad.

Many renegades have left. So the likes of Jackson may not travel. And we'll see young members of the U23 squad such as Baggot and Simpson travel.

Get why Cook is going it.... but it leaves us lite on numbers, even if we get another 3-4 players in during pre-season.

All very interesting. And all a bit of a gamble. But I really back Cook... the lethargy, inconsistency and lack of wunning desire in the likes of Ward, Chambo, Sears, was horrible

Clearly how?

Or are you guessing?
Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:34 - Jul 7 with 1275 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:22 - Jul 7 by Radlett_blue

Think that will be the form, 22 players, but I reckon U23s players proper rather than the bomb squad.
So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:40 - Jul 7 with 1235 viewsJ2BLUE

Panicked? You're always a little on the dramatic side but panicked? Even now we're a month away from game one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:47 - Jul 7 with 1221 viewsclive_baker

People need to relax. There's plenty of irons in the fire, I would expect more movement soon in both directions. The level of ambition we're showing is great in terms of who we're targeting, and I would rather we take our time to sign the right players.

I would agree we're still a few away from being ready, but it'll happen. I think we'll see 2 additions defensively at least, perhaps 3. I think we'll see 2 or 3 more forward / wide men, Jacobs I would say is likely to be one of them. I think we'll get Crooks over the line too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:59 - Jul 7 with 1155 viewschicoazul

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:40 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Panicked? You're always a little on the dramatic side but panicked? Even now we're a month away from game one.

He told me the other month it would be “impossible” for us to sign 12 players, now he says we need another 5.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 11:03 - Jul 7 with 1128 viewsleitrimblue

Phil - the Dartford friendly? on 10:30 - Jul 7 by unstableblue

Would take an absolute miracle for Cook to select Jackson even for the most half arsed of friendlys
So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 11:20 - Jul 7 with 1063 viewsjayessess

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 10:40 - Jul 7 by J2BLUE

Not ideal to still be recruiting half your squad just as game one rolls around though, is it? You'd hope most of our new players get to do at least half our pre-season...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 11:53 - Jul 7 with 1000 viewsitfcjoe

I'd say something like this

GK - Sorted, although if we can get rid of Holy and another one in to replace then we will ut low priority

RB - Donacien will definitely go, so we need another there with KVY - maybe a PL loanee

LB - Penney seems to be a back up to me, so need first choice

CB - Ideally need 2 more, one experienced, one younger as don't see Ndaba or Baggott covering much

CM - Think just about set

AM/Wingers - could do with another 3 in this role in reality, still very short

Striker - need one more as can't go into season with 2.

So would say we need 8 more players at the moment (RB, LB, CB, CB, AM, AM, AM, ST)

With regards to those in the bomb squad, Jackson and Bishop will definitely go. DOwnes may be a harder deal to do if we can't get a decent fee so chance he comes back in - but I don't expect to see any of them on Saturday. Will be younger players filling the gaps

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 13:18 - Jul 7 with 836 viewsGuthrum

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 11:20 - Jul 7 by jayessess

Not ideal to still be recruiting half your squad just as game one rolls around though, is it? You'd hope most of our new players get to do at least half our pre-season...

Quite a lot of recruitment (at loads of clubs) goes on during August every year, after the season has started. Final adjustments are made, players who want to leave take their last chance to jump ship, the same with clubs who decide to get rid or want to raise funds for a particular hiring. The pressure to get deals done ramps up in the last days of the window. Prem players excluded from their 25-man squads may effectively only become available for loans after that decision is made.

The idea of everything being ready in July is an ideal which is rarely, if ever, achieved.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 13:29 - Jul 7 with 795 viewschrismakin

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 11:20 - Jul 7 by jayessess

In 1 week, we'll prob see another 3 in the door.

The first 4 games are nothing but training fixtures, it's the remaining ones you want to see a core of your first team appearing as a unti imo

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So where are we on the squad rebuild as we approach the first pre-season?! on 19:10 - Jul 7 with 605 viewsJ2BLUE

I didn't suggest anything of the sort, just pointing out how ridiculous the blubbing was.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024