Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really want a beer this evening. 17:43 - Jul 7 with 3163 viewsnoggin

I'm on holiday and England are in the SF. I haven't had a drop for 4 and a half months and I know now that I can stop easily enough tomorrow again. What should I do?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

[Redacted] on 17:46 - Jul 7 with 1485 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
I really want a beer this evening. on 17:50 - Jul 7 with 1452 viewschrismakin

Don't know your history Noggin, but if its something you had a history with, Don't do it.

If it's just a personal health choice........go for it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:52 - Jul 7 with 1438 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Don't do it.

Please don't do it.

Keeping your run going and watching the match is more important than having a beer and watching the match.

I watched the QF without alcohol as I had to work early the next morning. I enjoyed the match.

I'll go without it tonight to keep you company if you want.

Just don't.

Please.
I really want a beer this evening. on 17:53 - Jul 7 with 1433 viewsSitfcB

What about having some alcohol free beer?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:53 - Jul 7 with 1422 viewsSuperblue95

If it’s a question you feel you have to ask then you probably already know the answer is don’t have one

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:55 - Jul 7 with 1424 viewsnoggin

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:53 - Jul 7 by SitfcB

What about having some alcohol free beer?

Did that at the pub for the Ukraine game. It wasn't a problem but I really didn't enjoy being there with everyone else drinking.

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 1393 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only you know the answer to that one Noggin, but assuming you stop tomorrow will that just mean you know it's ok to have another one or two at the weekend.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 1394 viewsMerseyBlue

Don't know your personal history with drinking, but if you've quit because it's been a problem in the past, then don't throw 4 and a half months down the drain. Have a 0% and keep up the impressive work.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 1389 viewsnoggin

Thanks fellas. I'll be staying home and drinking tea.

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 1391 viewshappybeingblue

Have a couple you have proved to yourself you have mastered the will power and you know your limits now i bet too,plus your on your hols :)
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 1350 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I really want a beer this evening. on 17:57 - Jul 7 by happybeingblue

Have a couple you have proved to yourself you have mastered the will power and you know your limits now i bet too,plus your on your hols :)

Really sh1t advice, right here.
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:09 - Jul 7 with 1320 viewshappybeingblue

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:02 - Jul 7 by ArnoldMoorhen

Really sh1t advice, right here.

not really fella its about gaining control of your addictions or vices,guessing you are a bit inexperienced in life for that ignorant reply
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:14 - Jul 7 with 1284 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:09 - Jul 7 by happybeingblue

not really fella its about gaining control of your addictions or vices,guessing you are a bit inexperienced in life for that ignorant reply

Just a suggestion that this is a dead end conversation and Noggers has made his choice anyway.
Enjoy tne match all.

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:18 - Jul 7 with 1260 viewshappybeingblue

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:14 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just a suggestion that this is a dead end conversation and Noggers has made his choice anyway.
Enjoy tne match all.

it was a lighthearted reply but there is always one smart arse, a couple of beers after stopping for 4 months or so is a reward to oneself for showing self control thats all.
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:23 - Jul 7 with 1226 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:18 - Jul 7 by happybeingblue

it was a lighthearted reply but there is always one smart arse, a couple of beers after stopping for 4 months or so is a reward to oneself for showing self control thats all.

I have no idea if Noggin considers himself an addict but you used the word in your first reply I think. There is no contrlolled use of a substance or behaviour you have had an addiction to though....that much I do know.
Anyway, let's get this game won.

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:29 - Jul 7 with 1187 viewsnoggin

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:23 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have no idea if Noggin considers himself an addict but you used the word in your first reply I think. There is no contrlolled use of a substance or behaviour you have had an addiction to though....that much I do know.

Don't think I'm an addict but I do think I have alcohol intolerance and a liking for beer. Gave up because it was affecting my work being tired and anxious all the time.

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:29 - Jul 7 with 1181 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm over 50 and have been to more funerals of alcoholics and other addicts than most people.

But keep on flexing.
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:29 - Jul 7 with 1180 viewshappybeingblue

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:23 - Jul 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

you know nothing of a complete strangers history in any walk of life you can make assumptions and judgements ,misconstrue in text i think.
I really want a beer this evening. on 18:31 - Jul 7 with 1172 viewsnoggin

I don't think your reply was wrong in any way.

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:34 - Jul 7 with 1146 viewsNthQldITFC

[Redacted] on 17:46 - Jul 7 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

"LANGUAGE, Timothy!"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:35 - Jul 7 with 1144 viewschrismakin

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:31 - Jul 7 by noggin

I don't think your reply was wrong in any way.

Noggin, appreciate this is rather bizzare,

But when I go through a stage of not having a drink, ( appreciate not similar in your circumstance) but Lemonade and Lime has a really good effect on quenching the thirst and that gassy element does a great job of filling me up and my mindset of beer goes out the window

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:35 - Jul 7 with 1145 viewsBlueBadger

Wow, that's the sort of self awareness failure we've not seen on here since [redacted].

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:36 - Jul 7 with 1139 viewsBlueBadger

At absolute best, it's a pretty insensitive thing to say to someone who's had trouble with alcohol.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:38 - Jul 7 with 1130 viewscatch74

Having run pubs for 25 years, your reply was wrong.
I probably wouldn’t have replied if you’d used capitals and full stops.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:42 - Jul 7 with 1114 viewshappybeingblue

I really want a beer this evening. on 18:36 - Jul 7 by BlueBadger

At absolute best, it's a pretty insensitive thing to say to someone who's had trouble with alcohol.

i am not part of the click on here so obviously i didnt know of any previous history,blimey some very serious folk on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024