Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in London for the final 18:39 - Jul 8 with 1201 viewsKropotkin123

I'm in Leyton and usually pop into the Old Kings Head in London Bridge for England games. It's a popular away pub for games at Millwall.

Feel like this is my local. But a load of part-timers have booked it out for the final. *Crying*. Entered a couple of ballots at boxpark and Trafalgar. But chances are slim to none.

Best option I have atm is a walk in around Walthamstow. Anyone got any bright ideas/recommendations?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Pubs in London for the final on 18:49 - Jul 8 with 1164 viewsLord_Lucan

Well I don't know how booked places are getting or whether they are already full up. Mu mate went to The Brewmaster last night (which I think is Leicester Squareish) and said it was great - although it is a Greene King pub so the beer will be sh1t.

To be fair it's a case of sticking a pin in a map really isn't it. I suppose if I had a choice I would try The Bear and Staff but purely for nostalgic reasons. If you want an atmosphere then I suppose that massive Weatherspoons on Holbourn might take a bit of beating.

Spoilt for choice really!

Or here's a thing - more your end of town, what about The Commercial Tavern??

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pubs in London for the final on 18:58 - Jul 8 with 1129 viewsStokieBlue

Perhaps the microbreweries down by God's own junkyard will have a screen? Crate at the container place at St James Road?

Maybe ask Ullua, it's his manor.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Pubs in London for the final on 19:00 - Jul 8 with 1113 viewsKropotkin123

Pubs in London for the final on 18:49 - Jul 8 by Lord_Lucan

Well I don't know how booked places are getting or whether they are already full up. Mu mate went to The Brewmaster last night (which I think is Leicester Squareish) and said it was great - although it is a Greene King pub so the beer will be sh1t.

To be fair it's a case of sticking a pin in a map really isn't it. I suppose if I had a choice I would try The Bear and Staff but purely for nostalgic reasons. If you want an atmosphere then I suppose that massive Weatherspoons on Holbourn might take a bit of beating.

Spoilt for choice really!

Or here's a thing - more your end of town, what about The Commercial Tavern??

Thank you, I'll ring round those tomorrow.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Pubs in London for the final on 19:04 - Jul 8 with 1100 viewsKropotkin123

Pubs in London for the final on 18:58 - Jul 8 by StokieBlue

Perhaps the microbreweries down by God's own junkyard will have a screen? Crate at the container place at St James Road?

Maybe ask Ullua, it's his manor.

SB

That's super close to me. I'll check that out too. I'll message Ullua when I'm back in the house. Thank you

Pubs in London for the final on 19:17 - Jul 8 with 1079 viewsCoastalblue

I think I'm possibly meeting Pendejo, we've exchanged pms. We don't know each other, never met but if he gets a table booked and there's room for 3 I would assume 2 random strangers is as good as 1?
Guessing he'll log on tonight if it's of interest.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Pubs in London for the final on 20:27 - Jul 8 with 992 viewsPendejo

Pubs in London for the final on 19:17 - Jul 8 by Coastalblue

I think I'm possibly meeting Pendejo, we've exchanged pms. We don't know each other, never met but if he gets a table booked and there's room for 3 I would assume 2 random strangers is as good as 1?
Guessing he'll log on tonight if it's of interest.

Just don't but hey...

Youngest offspring 's pub currently fully booked, however, they were yesterday but I had a table for 4 all to myself.

So will update Saturday.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Pubs in London for the final on 20:38 - Jul 8 with 958 viewsPendejo

Pubs in London for the final on 20:27 - Jul 8 by Pendejo

Just don't but hey...

Youngest offspring 's pub currently fully booked, however, they were yesterday but I had a table for 4 all to myself.

So will update Saturday.

How did pm'd become don't? Autocorrect must be pished

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Pubs in London for the final on 20:55 - Jul 8 with 930 viewsNBVJohn

A very long, long time ago in the 80’s I briefly frequented a pub called The 3 Blackbirds in Leyton. As I recall it had a smallish front room and a massive area at the back.

I’d love to know if it is still there?
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in London for the final on 21:02 - Jul 8 with 918 viewsLord_Lucan

Pubs in London for the final on 20:55 - Jul 8 by NBVJohn

A very long, long time ago in the 80’s I briefly frequented a pub called The 3 Blackbirds in Leyton. As I recall it had a smallish front room and a massive area at the back.

I’d love to know if it is still there?

From the 80's?

Leyton isn't there anymore either.

City to the east? It's been ripped out baby.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Pubs in London for the final on 21:06 - Jul 8 with 906 viewsBloomBlue

The Leyton Star not showing it?
Pubs in London for the final on 22:43 - Jul 8 with 816 viewsgiant_stow

Pubs in London for the final on 19:04 - Jul 8 by Kropotkin123

That's super close to me. I'll check that out too. I'll message Ullua when I'm back in the house. Thank you

I'm a bit out of touch on who's actually showing games tbh. I think the Chequers in Walthamstow market shows footy as a rule and its nice in there. Or Stokie's suggestions really.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Pubs in London for the final on 10:26 - Jul 9 with 649 viewsRozz

If it's anything like North London, pubs have been fully booked for Sunday night since we won the QF. I managed to sneak in on a cancellation by emailing at the right time.

A bit far for you, but we have space if anyone is at a loose end in Finchley area.

Bit of a hidden gem but I did watch the WC at London Fields Taproom before, and understand they have improved the projector setup. Lively areas and decent beer. Might be worth a call:
https://shop.londonfieldsbrewery.co.uk/
Pubs in London for the final on 12:20 - Jul 9 with 593 viewsfergalsharkey

The tiger in hackney is the one to go to.

Just lovely.

Poll: Cook out?

Pubs in London for the final on 23:41 - Jul 9 with 473 viewsRozz

Pubs in London for the final on 12:20 - Jul 9 by fergalsharkey

The tiger in hackney is the one to go to.

Just lovely.

Coincidentally Feargal Sharkey is a well known resident of Finchley. Frequents a Greene King pub, the Five Bells, in which you'll regularly hear from people my age claiming to have met the legend Sheargal Farkey.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 23:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024