Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pup update - Q within 09:08 - Jul 9 with 459 viewsartsbossbeard

You'll be all chuffed to hear that the pup is all good, settled and happy.

The "poo" bit of her Cockerpoo really hasn't come through, so she's looking like a Spaniel with curly ear fur presently.

Anyhoo, 1x issue. She's flatly refusing to walk any distance with just one person but happy to walk miles if she's accompanied by 2x people. Anything we can do to assist matters?

She simply sits and plants her body into the ground to start and then pulls at the lead when she gets a sniff of home.

Any assistance appreciated.

Ta
ABB

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Pup update - Q within on 09:29 - Jul 9 with 411 viewsbracknell_blue

That stubbornness to walk will pass in time. Ours was the same (he was 5 yetserday) but happily walks with 1, 2, 3, 4 people no problem, although walking with both my wife and I he needs to know where both of us are - as my wife walks more slowly there is a lot of dragging and pulling to remind me to slow down!

Try a Pet Corrector - a red spray which releases compressed air (obviously you spray away from the dog) - they are brilliant at stopping bad or difficult behaviour. We used it to stop him barking in pubs (he loves going into pubs) and it is meant to work with problems like yours. Now, we just show him the spray and heis behaviour improves.

Good luck, once they settle down they really are the most brilliant, loyal, affectionate and beautiful dogs.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Pup update - Q within on 09:47 - Jul 9 with 381 viewsdickie

Surely it should be a pupdate?

My mutt did similar with me and my wife when she was a puppy (and my wife was my girlfriend!) We started by walking together then would gradually separate to get the mutt used to walking with one person (after a while one of us would fall back and head home). This took about a week or so if I recall but this was almost 10 years ago!
Pup update - Q within on 09:58 - Jul 9 with 369 viewsartsbossbeard

Pup update - Q within on 09:47 - Jul 9 by dickie

Surely it should be a pupdate?

My mutt did similar with me and my wife when she was a puppy (and my wife was my girlfriend!) We started by walking together then would gradually separate to get the mutt used to walking with one person (after a while one of us would fall back and head home). This took about a week or so if I recall but this was almost 10 years ago!

The issue seems to arise if we leave someone in the house whilst trying to walk her solo.

It's almost like she feels she's missing out on something going on at home by being walked. I'm sure we can get her out of this but need to sort whilst she's still a pup.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024