Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate 19:45 - Jul 9 with 2187 viewsnoggin

their prize money to The NHS? I know they're all millionaires but that is still a fantastic gesture. Winners prize money for the players is something like 9 million.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:21 - Jul 9 with 2105 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yep, superb stuff.
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:34 - Jul 9 with 2062 viewsitfcjoe

This has been going on for years with appearance fees and prize money - think it was Gary Neville that instigated it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:37 - Jul 9 with 2046 viewsnoggin

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:34 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

This has been going on for years with appearance fees and prize money - think it was Gary Neville that instigated it

I never knew that. Great stuff, although The NHS shouldn't need the money.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:59 - Jul 9 with 1998 viewsBlueBadger

If they could instruct their accountants to ensure that they pay the correct amount of tax as well, that would be nice.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:01 - Jul 9 with 1989 viewsLancsBlue

The NHS is not a charity. It is a universal health service that has been chronically underfunded for over a decade. Far from finding this admirable, I find it quite depressing. If they feel the NHS is underfunded, stand up and say so and give your money to a real charity.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:42 - Jul 9 with 1930 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure about this. Can't they cut out the middleman and give it directly to the Tory donors?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:46 - Jul 9 with 1922 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:01 - Jul 9 by LancsBlue

The NHS is not a charity. It is a universal health service that has been chronically underfunded for over a decade. Far from finding this admirable, I find it quite depressing. If they feel the NHS is underfunded, stand up and say so and give your money to a real charity.

It's both an uplifting gesture and thoroughly embarrassing/depressing. (See also foodbanks, families made destitute through social care bills, teachers having to buy basic supplies for their classes, Rashford having to interject to make sure we don't let kids go hungry, etc).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:52 - Jul 9 with 1888 viewsclive_baker

Quality isn’t it.

I love this squad. Representative, considered, moral, spirited, humble. If they’re not raising awareness against inequality, campaigning for hungry kids or winning football matches they’re donating sizeable sums to the NHS. What a group.

Of course, it would be lovely to have a government that appropriately funds the most precious of national resources we have, but that’s a separate conversation.

Well done lads.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:53 - Jul 9 with 1884 viewsDarth_Koont

As I’ve said in the other the thread, this particular England team and their values inspires hope.

Their Marxist analysis is shining through! 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:55 - Jul 9 with 1862 viewshype313

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:52 - Jul 9 by clive_baker

Quality isn’t it.

I love this squad. Representative, considered, moral, spirited, humble. If they’re not raising awareness against inequality, campaigning for hungry kids or winning football matches they’re donating sizeable sums to the NHS. What a group.

Of course, it would be lovely to have a government that appropriately funds the most precious of national resources we have, but that’s a separate conversation.

Well done lads.

This lot truly are the Golden Generation.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 22:04 - Jul 9 with 1803 viewsChurchman

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:37 - Jul 9 by noggin

I never knew that. Great stuff, although The NHS shouldn't need the money.

I agree with you. The NHS should be properly funded like a good many other things in this country.

However, I think it’s a great gesture from the players. It’s not something they have to do but it sends such a powerful message. Well done them. Regardless of Sunday’s result they’ve done us proud and the future for that team/group is brilliant.
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 22:14 - Jul 9 with 1763 viewsDarth_Koont

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:59 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

If they could instruct their accountants to ensure that they pay the correct amount of tax as well, that would be nice.

It’s a good point. But to be fair, even you got your political priorities @rse about face.

Trick is not to make the same mistake time after time after time.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 22:56 - Jul 9 with 1657 viewsHARRY10

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:01 - Jul 9 by LancsBlue

It will be lost/drop in the ocean among the billions of NHS funds

It might be better directed to deprived areas where football pitches and sundry provision is desperately needed, for kids

It could start the ball rolling for an ongoing fund, 'puts something back'
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 01:08 - Jul 10 with 1566 viewsreusersfreekicks

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 21:55 - Jul 9 by hype313

This lot truly are the Golden Generation.

Ffs they all have more money than they will ever need. Relative to their wealth this is absolutely tiny. What heroes. Footballers being grossly over rewarded is largely responsible for destroying this wonderful game
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 1:10]
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 02:24 - Jul 10 with 1519 viewshype313

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 01:08 - Jul 10 by reusersfreekicks

Ffs they all have more money than they will ever need. Relative to their wealth this is absolutely tiny. What heroes. Footballers being grossly over rewarded is largely responsible for destroying this wonderful game
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 1:10]

I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about the fact that they are decent human beings, quite a refreshing change from the John Terry's and Ashley Cole's of the past.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 06:33 - Jul 10 with 1466 viewsgordon

Surely this will just mean the Tories cut NHS funding by an equivalent amount and spend the money decorating Carrie's bedroom or paying for Boris' mistress to go on the next trade envoy to the Cayman Islands.
Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 06:49 - Jul 10 with 1446 views26_Paz

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 22:56 - Jul 9 by HARRY10

It will be lost/drop in the ocean among the billions of NHS funds

It might be better directed to deprived areas where football pitches and sundry provision is desperately needed, for kids

It could start the ball rolling for an ongoing fund, 'puts something back'

I’m with you on this one Harry, wow!

The Paz Man

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 06:53 - Jul 10 with 1441 views26_Paz

It is a fantastic gesture and taking nothing away from them for doing it but this is not unique to this squad. As per below link from Evening Standard England players have been donating match fees since 2008.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/england-players-d

The Paz Man

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 06:56 - Jul 10 with 1436 viewschicoazul

Great lads those English players, but what about some of their fans/media/politicians over the years eh!!1!1!1 What utter scum! I think we ought to always temper nice stories like this with a reminder of how much contempt some people hold the English in!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 06:59 - Jul 10 with 1433 viewschicoazul

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 20:59 - Jul 9 by BlueBadger

Which ones don’t pay the correct amount of tax? It sounds like you have some important information on this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has it been mentioned that England players will donate on 09:40 - Jul 10 with 1299 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024