Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton interview 07:53 - Jul 10 with 1301 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mark Ashton interview on 08:25 - Jul 10 with 1152 viewsBlueNomad

He’s spot on
Mark Ashton interview on 09:10 - Jul 10 with 1054 viewspointofblue

I’d be interested to know how the leak hurts the club and potential signing? I guess if there’s a fan backlash of sorts they might not want to join us! I don’t buy it alerting other clubs to deal - the agent and selling club will already be doing that.

ETA - is that why it’s been so quiet this week? The only link has been Crooks, powered by Warne’s running commentary on the situation. Has Ashton managed to plug some gaps?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 9:12]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Ashton interview on 09:33 - Jul 10 with 988 viewsKeaneish

Mark Ashton interview on 09:10 - Jul 10 by pointofblue

I’d be interested to know how the leak hurts the club and potential signing? I guess if there’s a fan backlash of sorts they might not want to join us! I don’t buy it alerting other clubs to deal - the agent and selling club will already be doing that.

ETA - is that why it’s been so quiet this week? The only link has been Crooks, powered by Warne’s running commentary on the situation. Has Ashton managed to plug some gaps?

Amplification and heightened expectation puts the bargaining power back in the hands of those selling an asset. He’s right, it’s detrimental.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mark Ashton interview on 09:44 - Jul 10 with 943 viewspointofblue

Mark Ashton interview on 09:33 - Jul 10 by Keaneish

Amplification and heightened expectation puts the bargaining power back in the hands of those selling an asset. He’s right, it’s detrimental.

Didn’t think about it like that - can see the point.

Mark Ashton interview on 10:24 - Jul 10 with 856 viewsITFC_Jenx

Crooks - ongoing negotiations over the fee
Gibson/Coulson - negotiations over loan/permanent
Celina - Getting the fees/wages agreed
Mark Ashton interview on 10:36 - Jul 10 with 827 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mark Ashton interview on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 812 viewspointofblue

Mark Ashton interview on 10:36 - Jul 10 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I don’t believe for a moment that clubs wouldn’t be aware of a player’s availability but I guess if they hear certain clubs are interested it might increase their interest in turn.

Mark Ashton interview on 10:54 - Jul 10 with 781 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mark Ashton interview on 10:40 - Jul 10 by pointofblue

I don’t believe for a moment that clubs wouldn’t be aware of a player’s availability but I guess if they hear certain clubs are interested it might increase their interest in turn.

I suspect this is a possibility. Likewise the comments about it raising expectations and bargaining power of the seller are probably true.

I’m happy to take his word for it. If the CEO says it doesn’t help then it probably doesn’t. Why would he lie? Besides, I’ve no interest in def info merchants or even following respected journalists rumours. Quite happy to find out about a signing once they actually sign, as the rest is all noise and can get tedious very quickly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024