Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many police does it take to… 15:31 - Jul 10 with 2614 viewsIllinoisblue

43 of them apparently. This is bizarre.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many police does it take to… on 15:49 - Jul 10 with 2091 viewsBlueBadger

Out of idle interest, what's the sculpture?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How many police does it take to… on 16:30 - Jul 10 with 1994 viewsIllinoisblue

How many police does it take to… on 15:49 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

A load of nonsense to my untrained eye. But at least the police are focusing on the right stuff

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many police does it take to… on 17:27 - Jul 10 with 1861 viewsEdmundo

How many police does it take to… on 16:30 - Jul 10 by Illinoisblue

A load of nonsense to my untrained eye. But at least the police are focusing on the right stuff

We are becoming a Third World autocracy. Laughing stock.
But at least we've got our country back 🙄

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

How many police does it take to… on 17:30 - Jul 10 with 1853 viewsKievthegreat

How many police does it take to… on 15:49 - Jul 10 by BlueBadger

Full Thread

How many police does it take to… on 17:33 - Jul 10 with 1837 viewsKievthegreat

Added extra, the owner of said building when he arrived:

How many police does it take to… on 18:52 - Jul 10 with 1695 viewsDarth_Koont

How many police does it take to… on 17:33 - Jul 10 by Kievthegreat

Added extra, the owner of said building when he arrived:

Wow! Operation Hyperbole.

Or were the police on some sort of mood-altering drugs?

Pronouns: He/Him

How many police does it take to… on 18:55 - Jul 10 with 1675 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 18:52 - Jul 10 by Darth_Koont

Wow! Operation Hyperbole.

Or were the police on some sort of mood-altering drugs?

Could they make themselves look any more stupid?

Wtf are they playing at?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How many police does it take to… on 19:10 - Jul 10 with 1624 viewsnoggin

Bloody leftie bumfest on here lately. YOuR AlL mARxiSTs.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

How many police does it take to… on 20:08 - Jul 10 with 1558 viewsPendejo

How many police does it take to… on 18:55 - Jul 10 by jeera

Wtf are they playing at?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How many police does it take to… on 22:54 - Jul 10 with 1378 viewsbazza

How many police does it take to… on 18:55 - Jul 10 by jeera

Wtf are they playing at?

To be fair you can’t hear what he is saying to the police and just as he starts pointing the finger, he gets dragged off the bike, and they stand his bike up carefully… and what was the lead up To the sculpture.. seems set up very well to make the police look bad..
How many police does it take to… on 22:57 - Jul 10 with 1370 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 22:54 - Jul 10 by bazza

To be fair you can’t hear what he is saying to the police and just as he starts pointing the finger, he gets dragged off the bike, and they stand his bike up carefully… and what was the lead up To the sculpture.. seems set up very well to make the police look bad..

I can see that around 8 coppers were there.

I can see a solitary person ride up and within seconds is dragged from the bike surrounded by them.

Unless he's showed up and immediately suggested he's wearing some kind of vest then no, there is no finding a reason for that.

Edit: edit again: He is said to be the owner of 'docks', whatever that is. But as the installation is on the roof he is hardly approaching much other than the yard.

Why is there such a police presence and why have they aggressively circled and individual in that manner for such a trivial matter. Which is not even an obvious offence let's remember.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:03]

How many police does it take to… on 23:05 - Jul 10 with 1338 viewsbazza

How many police does it take to… on 22:57 - Jul 10 by jeera

I can see a solitary person ride up and within seconds is dragged from the bike surrounded by them.

Unless he's showed up and immediately suggested he's wearing some kind of vest then no, there is no finding a reason for that.

Edit: edit again: He is said to be the owner of 'docks', whatever that is. But as the installation is on the roof he is hardly approaching much other than the yard.

Why is there such a police presence and why have they aggressively circled and individual in that manner for such a trivial matter. Which is not even an obvious offence let's remember.

You can see one officer hand gesture to turn off the engine.. just because it’s his building, doesn’t mean he can build that monstrosity on the roof, and if it blew off in the wind and impaled
Some poor fecker below, it would be a different story, .. but it’s clearly done it’s job. In wasting police time, and trying to make them look bad, while already trying to do an almost impossible job these days. Oh to be an officer of the law.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:05]
How many police does it take to… on 23:13 - Jul 10 with 1314 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 23:05 - Jul 10 by bazza

You can see one officer hand gesture to turn off the engine.. just because it’s his building, doesn’t mean he can build that monstrosity on the roof, and if it blew off in the wind and impaled
Some poor fecker below, it would be a different story, .. but it’s clearly done it’s job. In wasting police time, and trying to make them look bad, while already trying to do an almost impossible job these days. Oh to be an officer of the law.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:05]

It took 6 weeks to build that installation, it isn't about to fall off the roof and impale people.

It wasn't slung up in 10 minutes.

I cannot understand for a moment why you would choose to stand up for this kind of behaviour from our law-enforcement. You have eyes. You can see for yourself.

You are choosing to ignore things that are there in favour of something that isn't.

Look at the number of them battering down the door. This is for an art installation.

I have seen fewer go into a terrorist situation. Take a step back and look.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:14]

How many police does it take to… on 23:17 - Jul 10 with 1293 viewsbazza

How many police does it take to… on 23:13 - Jul 10 by jeera

It took 6 weeks to build that installation, it isn't about to fall off the roof and impale people.

It wasn't slung up in 10 minutes.

I cannot understand for a moment why you would choose to stand up for this kind of behaviour from our law-enforcement. You have eyes. You can see for yourself.

You are choosing to ignore things that are there in favour of something that isn't.

Look at the number of them battering down the door. This is for an art installation.

I have seen fewer go into a terrorist situation. Take a step back and look.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 23:14]

It took my neighbours 6 weeks to put a fence round their garden and a panel blew through their patio window when the wind got to about 40mph…
How many police does it take to… on 23:24 - Jul 10 with 1276 viewslightuser

How many police does it take to… on 22:57 - Jul 10 by jeera

No background or context to the OP.

Could be a drugs bust, anti terrorism, or a squat raid with threat of violence (as per Berlin recently).

At the moment the OP's posts are just trying to stir up trouble IMO.

Not a PC Dangerous lover by the way. I just like the truth to be presented...in a truthful and honest manner, without prejudice, bias or conflation.
How many police does it take to… on 23:30 - Jul 10 with 1264 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Saw a video of that posted elsewhere.

Think the officers involved are from the Met’s Counter Terrorism show pony elite squadron force strike team alpha (or something like that)
They only take their slippers off and leave the comfort of their elite station if it’s a very serious job, with very high threat risks.. though I’m not sure what that threat was in this instance..
Whether they figured whilst they were out they’d make use of the training opportunity or there was a genuine concern.. but one criticism I’ll always have with policing is how little communication comes out after incidents (particularly like this). You have one side strongly stating their account which understandably paints them as angelic citizens, but there must have been a genuine reason to attend the location, albeit questionably without that show of force
How many police does it take to… on 23:34 - Jul 10 with 1254 viewsfooters

How many police does it take to… on 23:24 - Jul 10 by lightuser

Could be a drugs bust, anti terrorism, or a squat raid with threat of violence (as per Berlin recently).

Not a PC Dangerous lover by the way. I just like the truth to be presented...in a truthful and honest manner, without prejudice, bias or conflation.

Squats very rarely get raided and there are feck all proper squats left in London. The only big ones left are mainly in commercial premises on the outskirts. You'll get some, sure, but doubtful in prime central Hackney.

This just looks to be a 'planning permission' type of complaint and totally OTT from the police's angle.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How many police does it take to… on 23:45 - Jul 10 with 1240 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 23:30 - Jul 10 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Saw a video of that posted elsewhere.

Think the officers involved are from the Met’s Counter Terrorism show pony elite squadron force strike team alpha (or something like that)
They only take their slippers off and leave the comfort of their elite station if it’s a very serious job, with very high threat risks.. though I’m not sure what that threat was in this instance..
Whether they figured whilst they were out they’d make use of the training opportunity or there was a genuine concern.. but one criticism I’ll always have with policing is how little communication comes out after incidents (particularly like this). You have one side strongly stating their account which understandably paints them as angelic citizens, but there must have been a genuine reason to attend the location, albeit questionably without that show of force

Yet this from Dezeen which is an architecture magazine of all things.

They are familiar with the location and the work that is displayed there regularly.

It fits other reports on the supposed tenuous ER angle:

https://www.dezeen.com/2021/06/26/antepavilion-police-raid-staff-arrested-london

Hoxton Docks, an events venue:

https://www.canvas-events.co.uk/venues/578/hoxton-docks

There we go, a pre-emptive strike by the Met based on an assumption that the installation was going to be used as part of a protest coming up:

"Extinction Rebellion has previously used bamboo tensegrity structures during protests to block access to national newspaper printing presses. However, Extinction Rebellion, the Antepavilion team and the design team behind All Along the Watchtower insisted the rooftop installation was separate from Extinction Rebellion activities."

Lot's of reports on this and quotes from chief officers knocking about too.

So we know it was nothing to do with terrorism nor squats, nor anything like it.

It is a famous art centre and the only arguments that seem to be available is that the police believe a semi-permanent structure on a roof which has taken weeks to construct was about to be dismantled and restructured elsewhere as part of a campaign and whether their approach was acceptable or not.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 0:04]

How many police does it take to… on 23:46 - Jul 10 with 1234 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 23:17 - Jul 10 by bazza

It took my neighbours 6 weeks to put a fence round their garden and a panel blew through their patio window when the wind got to about 40mph…

You haven't taken on board a word.

How many police does it take to… on 23:49 - Jul 10 with 1225 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 23:24 - Jul 10 by lightuser

There's plenty of reports out there circulating.

If this well-known art venue turns out to be a hub of international/internal terrorism then I will hold up my hands and admit I was sucked in.

As it stands, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What you doing up at this hour anyway? Nowhere open this time of night there if you can't sleep?

How many police does it take to… on 23:56 - Jul 10 with 1198 viewsbazza

How many police does it take to… on 23:46 - Jul 10 by jeera

You haven't taken on board a word.

I have, but we just view the situation differently. Like you’ve admitted in another reply, you don’t know the background to this story, neither do I, but I can see police doing their job, and being slated because it appears heavy handed, and I’m sure the owner wasn’t politely asking what’s going
On, when he was pulled off his bike. Which I will Point out again was carefully placed on its stand.
How many police does it take to… on 00:00 - Jul 11 with 1187 viewsjeera

How many police does it take to… on 23:56 - Jul 10 by bazza

I have, but we just view the situation differently. Like you’ve admitted in another reply, you don’t know the background to this story, neither do I, but I can see police doing their job, and being slated because it appears heavy handed, and I’m sure the owner wasn’t politely asking what’s going
On, when he was pulled off his bike. Which I will Point out again was carefully placed on its stand.

You view it differently because you haven't bothered to look about.

You haven't even read the posts I've made since.

I have replied above if you can spare a few minutes.

It's all available online in various architectural magazines.

Bloody dangerous people those arty types with their designs and stuff.

G'night.

Another one: https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/three-arrested-as-police-raid-antepavil

How many police does it take to… on 00:04 - Jul 11 with 1177 viewsbazza

How many police does it take to… on 00:00 - Jul 11 by jeera

You view it differently because you haven't bothered to look about.

You haven't even read the posts I've made since.

I have replied above if you can spare a few minutes.

It's all available online in various architectural magazines.

Bloody dangerous people those arty types with their designs and stuff.

G'night.

Another one: https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/three-arrested-as-police-raid-antepavil

Yep.. those non structural engineery types… G’night.
How many police does it take to… on 00:24 - Jul 11 with 1156 viewslightuser

How many police does it take to… on 23:49 - Jul 10 by jeera

There's plenty of reports out there circulating.

If this well-known art venue turns out to be a hub of international/internal terrorism then I will hold up my hands and admit I was sucked in.

As it stands, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What you doing up at this hour anyway? Nowhere open this time of night there if you can't sleep?

If my xbox hard drive wasn't fecked because of all the power cuts in this high tech capital of India, I would be drinking and playing online COD or Battlefield against other "fat Bob's" in their "mom's basements".

Instead, I'm having to read and respond to the inane drivel on here. 😉😁👍

Whilst drinking of course (it is the weekend after all).

Actually every day is a weekend for me.

Bottoms up. Hic...
How many police does it take to… on 00:27 - Jul 11 with 1145 viewslightuser

How many police does it take to… on 00:24 - Jul 11 by lightuser

If my xbox hard drive wasn't fecked because of all the power cuts in this high tech capital of India, I would be drinking and playing online COD or Battlefield against other "fat Bob's" in their "mom's basements".

Instead, I'm having to read and respond to the inane drivel on here. 😉😁👍

Whilst drinking of course (it is the weekend after all).

Actually every day is a weekend for me.

Bottoms up. Hic...

It's only 5am? 🤷‍♂️
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024