Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoyed today 16:24 - Jul 10 with 1069 viewsxrayspecs

Great to be back watching Town live and enjoying watching us play.

Thought all the new players are a step up on those that have been let go. Evans and Harper are both beasts and have the making of a really effective central partnership. Burns and Penney got forward well and Bonne had his moments. Hklady did not have much to do but looked assured. I thought Dobra had a really good game and Donacien got forward well.

Norwood contributed little and I would not be surprised if another forward is one of the five that Ashton is targeting, unless the plan is to play Bonne up top and Crooks as a number 10. I still think we need a better option than Norwood.

For a pre-season friendly, there was a good tempo and a lot of intensity in our play. Some big crunching tackles and the players certainly put in a full shift. Dobra lost the ball in the Dartford box and chased it all the way back into our half to win it back.

Gone too was the tentative passing around in the last third. We just looked like we had more purpose.

The fans were great as well. Perhaps a 1000 of the total gate and in good voice.

[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 16:28]
Enjoyed today on 16:29 - Jul 10 with 1020 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Enjoyed today on 16:43 - Jul 10 with 944 viewsTractorCam

Evans and Harper were controlling the game, looked very reassuring in midfield compared to their predecessors.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Enjoyed today on 17:19 - Jul 10 with 780 viewsjeera

Nice one Speccers.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Enjoyed today on 19:50 - Jul 10 with 582 viewssolemio

Agree. A really enjoyable experience. Nice ground and very unusual to have cover from the rain all round the ground.

For the first pre-season the players all looked as if it mattered to them. Certainly no lack of effort; good movement off the ball and much good passing. Encouraging.

I did feel at times like chanting 'oo r yer?' This at our players, not Dartford's!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024