Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t deny they deserved it 22:58 - Jul 11 with 902 viewsFtnfwest

By far the better side. Every last sub was far too late in the day. We’ve held back a number of top players to a point where they just didn’t have enough time to make an impact.
Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:10 - Jul 11 with 863 viewsbritbiker

Yeah. None of the subs made any difference and our top players didn't play well this game. Even the sub timings were poor tonight.

We didn't deserve it on tonights performance.

Shame that a team has won it on two penalty shoot outs.
Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:14 - Jul 11 with 850 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

We were the better side in the first 20 minutes. But after that....

Well done to the team in getting to the final. Shame the wait continues.
Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:34 - Jul 11 with 800 viewsSarge

Really? I thought they were excellent in the group stages and against Belgium but they struggled against Austria, were outplayed by Spain and today they had sustained periods of pressure but were hardly ever a threat.

Thought it was a pretty even game accepting that we weren’t at our best and basically handed them the initiative but in the end they needed the penalty lottery once again.
Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:36 - Jul 11 with 780 viewsbazza

Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:34 - Jul 11 by Sarge

Really? I thought they were excellent in the group stages and against Belgium but they struggled against Austria, were outplayed by Spain and today they had sustained periods of pressure but were hardly ever a threat.

Thought it was a pretty even game accepting that we weren’t at our best and basically handed them the initiative but in the end they needed the penalty lottery once again.

And the 1-1 draw with Wales..
Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:38 - Jul 11 with 768 viewsreusersfreekicks

Na they were the best team. Our subs had little impact and were made too late.
Can’t deny they deserved it on 01:58 - Jul 12 with 693 viewsWacko

Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:36 - Jul 11 by bazza

And the 1-1 draw with Wales..

They beat Wales 1-0

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:21 - Jul 12 with 564 viewsstrikalite

Can’t deny they deserved it on 23:38 - Jul 11 by reusersfreekicks

Na they were the best team. Our subs had little impact and were made too late.

We were too scared of losing it rather than looking to win it..
Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:26 - Jul 12 with 545 viewsFtnfwest

I meant this game. Two thirds of the possession and three quarters of the shots suggests they did. For long periods towards the end of the first half and the whole of the second they were frankly all over us. Wanted Grealish on at half time but Southgate didn't pre empt anything last night. By the time he got on it was too late although the game did then at least start to turn again.
Login to get fewer ads

Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:36 - Jul 12 with 524 viewsSteve_M

Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:26 - Jul 12 by Ftnfwest

I meant this game. Two thirds of the possession and three quarters of the shots suggests they did. For long periods towards the end of the first half and the whole of the second they were frankly all over us. Wanted Grealish on at half time but Southgate didn't pre empt anything last night. By the time he got on it was too late although the game did then at least start to turn again.

Although an awful lot of those shots were from distance rather than a direct threat which reflects how England were playing.

I do think Henderson and Saka should have come on at half-time or soon afterwards, we were ok for 55 minutes or so but struggled after that. Once Italy were level they controlled the tempo, sometimes stretching the line between clever and cynical but rarely panicked.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can’t deny they deserved it on 10:25 - Jul 12 with 440 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes as a neutral there was no doubt that Italy were the better side.

But I think England were cursed a little by going ahead so early. 9 times out of 10 their subsequent cautious game management would have seen the opposition wilt or you snatch a breakaway goal. But credit to Italy they just hung in there and got a stranglehold on the game.

By that stage, England had a choice to stick or twist. But not sure they really have a Plan B that’s stronger or more likely to work than the approach that’s taken them to the final so I can fully understand why Southgate kept with the same team/shape for so long.

The real change would be bringing on a disciplined, metronomic playmaker in the middle like a Jorginho or a Pirlo. But there are not many of those about even in Italy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can’t deny they deserved it on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 422 viewsLankHenners

Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:36 - Jul 12 by Steve_M

Although an awful lot of those shots were from distance rather than a direct threat which reflects how England were playing.

I do think Henderson and Saka should have come on at half-time or soon afterwards, we were ok for 55 minutes or so but struggled after that. Once Italy were level they controlled the tempo, sometimes stretching the line between clever and cynical but rarely panicked.

Yes all the negativity thrust towards Southgate for last night is OTT but he could have been more proactive in changing shape and personnel before the inevitable equaliser.

That said both in terms of keeping the ball and pressing and harrying off it Italy were a step (or more) above anything else we faced in the tournament. Seeing some of the comments today people could do well to remember there are two teams on the pitch.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Can’t deny they deserved it on 10:32 - Jul 12 with 402 viewsmikeybloo88

Can’t deny they deserved it on 09:21 - Jul 12 by strikalite

We were too scared of losing it rather than looking to win it..

Absolutely this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024