Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight 23:31 - Jul 11 with 13244 viewsunstableblue

We need to start looking at ourselves after this tournament, as a country, as a national team fan base

Southgate and the players were a beacon of good values and standing up for a good movement against racism

Then throughout we’ve had the ugliness of booing of the knee of government monsters and MPs backing those who booed

We still have this tabloid and right wing media that link our national sport to jingoism and xenophobia

We are a laughing stock under this government and these scenes tonight just are a national embarrassment - alongside booing other national anthems

We are better than this

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:36 - Jul 11 with 5053 viewsN2_Blue

is anyone surprised.

This government, Brexit, hate speech on SM....country is only going one way.

No doubt Rashford and Saka are being slaughtered by the racist element of this country

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:38 - Jul 11 with 5011 viewschrismakin

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:36 - Jul 11 by N2_Blue

is anyone surprised.

No doubt Rashford and Saka are being slaughtered by the racist element of this country

Thankfully social media blame seems to stay clear of the players and more aimed at the senior 'chickens and southgate. Not that it makes it better of course

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:40 - Jul 11 with 4986 viewsreusersfreekicks

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:38 - Jul 11 by chrismakin

Thankfully social media blame seems to stay clear of the players and more aimed at the senior 'chickens and southgate. Not that it makes it better of course

Social media at times like this is best avoided
And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 23:42 - Jul 11 with 4950 viewsunstableblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:36 - Jul 11 by N2_Blue

is anyone surprised.

Why is there so much anger?

For all the absolute sh!t face Scots we saw in London… it didn’t end in throwing of glass bottles into crowds

So much hate unleashed by Brexit, and Farage, and Priti Patel and the Sun and the Mail…..

Come on… we need role models like Southgate and Rashford (yes who perhaps were at fault on the pitch tonight!!)… not serial liars like Boris

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:46 - Jul 11 with 4864 viewschicoazul

“We are better than this”
Errrrrrr…….wrong.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:47 - Jul 11 with 4856 viewspointofblue

After seeing those scenes I'm almost gald we lost - wouldn't like to see those braindead, pathetic, nasty, pointless pillocks being happy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:55 - Jul 11 with 4728 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stop using the 1% to try to generalise about a whole country.

So decisive. This didn't take long did it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 23:57 - Jul 11 with 4701 viewsPinewoodblue

And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 23:42 - Jul 11 by unstableblue

For all the absolute sh!t face Scots we saw in London… it didn’t end in throwing of glass bottles into crowds

So much hate unleashed by Brexit, and Farage, and Priti Patel and the Sun and the Mail…..

Come on… we need role models like Southgate and Rashford (yes who perhaps were at fault on the pitch tonight!!)… not serial liars like Boris

When you re-read this thread tomorrow you might, just might, realise how silly your comments are.

I thought it was the older generation who voted for Brexit and elected a Tory government not the young idiots you are complaining about tonight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:57 - Jul 11 with 4717 viewsquirkie

I've seen this first hand many years ago.

I went to 14 games in Euro 2000 and saw games from most of the participating nations and the experience of the fans from those games was just an immense pleasure.

One game I went to was Slovenia v Yugoslavia in Charleroi, great game 3-3, and the fans before the game were amazing.

4 days later England played Germany in Charleroi, and the English fans that day were an utter disgrace.

It is a national issue that seems to be getting worse with this extreme right wing government we have and the subsequent post brexit era.

I'm sure most English people are just great but there is that element of English society that just can't help being utter scumbags.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:00 - Jul 12 with 4662 viewsunstableblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:57 - Jul 11 by quirkie

I went to 14 games in Euro 2000 and saw games from most of the participating nations and the experience of the fans from those games was just an immense pleasure.

One game I went to was Slovenia v Yugoslavia in Charleroi, great game 3-3, and the fans before the game were amazing.

4 days later England played Germany in Charleroi, and the English fans that day were an utter disgrace.

It is a national issue that seems to be getting worse with this extreme right wing government we have and the subsequent post brexit era.

I'm sure most English people are just great but there is that element of English society that just can't help being utter scumbags.

I had friends at that Charleroi game… and like you they found it a truly depressing and disgusting experience

Which basically put them off supporting England

And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 00:06 - Jul 12 with 4573 viewsunstableblue

And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 23:57 - Jul 11 by Pinewoodblue

When you re-read this thread tomorrow you might, just might, realise how silly your comments are.

I thought it was the older generation who voted for Brexit and elected a Tory government not the young idiots you are complaining about tonight.

You think this is acceptable? These aren’t young people beating the sh!t out of Italian fans trying to peacefully leave a football match

The 1000s booing other nations anthems is a high % across a wide demographic

The 1000s booing the knee is a disgrace, emboldened by our own government

The country is not going in the right direction, period

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:08 - Jul 12 with 4541 viewsPinewoodblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:57 - Jul 11 by quirkie

What on earth is the connection between Euro 2000 and Brexit or a right of centre government.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:09 - Jul 12 with 4530 viewsBseaBlue

Hopefully the old bill have got faces on cameras etc. Ban every single one of them from any football related activity for life. Time to send a strong message that as fans, we are sick of being associated with this sh1t.
And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 00:10 - Jul 12 with 4514 viewsMoriarty

And how do we justify the scenes in Leicester Square? on 23:42 - Jul 11 by unstableblue

I put up a post on Friday hoping that all that was decent about England would prevail tonight, praising the likability of great men like Big Jack and the current England squad and manager for example. I also made the point that no country (my own included (Rep of Irl)) can claim to be perfect and all have flaws and fans who can let themselves down. It’s just a simple fact of life and always will be.

I got targeted in a very off putting way on Friday by a few posters who were hell bent on a pile on because they deliberately sought to misconstrue my post as anti English ( which it certainly was not). Their posts and intentions were most unsavoury - I was called a “berk”, “clown” “dirt” “racist” “bigoted xenophobe”. Thankfully I recognise that those individuals are the minority and that their antics are at odds with my experiences of other posters, whether here on the message board or by dm.

There’s a ton of positives about England and the actions of those who let themselves down, whether now or whenever, do not represent England as a whole. Most English people I know are not Farage types.

Southgate and the players are a fantastic credit to England, as are many of the supporters.

Hopefully the focus will be on the positives.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 0:12]

fka omuircheartaigh

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:14 - Jul 12 with 4453 viewsXYZ

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:09 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

Hopefully the old bill have got faces on cameras etc. Ban every single one of them from any football related activity for life. Time to send a strong message that as fans, we are sick of being associated with this sh1t.

They're too busy raiding art installations that annoy Johnson and Patel.
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:17 - Jul 12 with 4404 viewsHARRY10

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 23:55 - Jul 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Stop using the 1% to try to generalise about a whole country.

So decisive. This didn't take long did it.

No one is generalising about a whole country, that is just you making up stuff to try to distract from the effects of decades of the media and politicians pumping out xenophobia and hate.

Do you think having a PM who describes black people as piccaninnies with water melon smiles helps to unite the whole country ?

Actions and words have consequences....which we have seen today, and will no doubt be shown more of tomorrow.
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:22 - Jul 12 with 4357 viewsunstableblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:09 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

Absolutely

I’ve pasted below one of the videos… it’s a disgrace… these people are scum and need removing from football permanently

It’s just gone on too long…. But the turbo jingoism and xenophobia stirred up in recent years how can it be extinguished

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:25 - Jul 12 with 4312 viewsBseaBlue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:22 - Jul 12 by unstableblue

Absolutely

I’ve pasted below one of the videos… it’s a disgrace… these people are scum and need removing from football permanently

It’s just gone on too long…. But the turbo jingoism and xenophobia stirred up in recent years how can it be extinguished

The problem is that I genuinely believe it is a minority now, but its too easy for the press and social media to focus on that for views, likes, retweets etc so unless you can iradocate it, we will always be stained by it.
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:36 - Jul 12 with 4210 viewsmylittletown

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:08 - Jul 12 by Pinewoodblue

What on earth is the connection between Euro 2000 and Brexit or a right of centre government.

Quite a lot.

I was at the game in Charleroi, at which England fans were utterly disgraceful. Ignorant beyond belief.

The complete lack of any sort of shame, apology or investigation at that time was part of a sorry path towards the sort of moronic behaviour we have seen through these Euros, where we actually had a pretty decent team.

Attacking innocent Danes and Italians, two of our most sympathetic neighbours, is really awful and shameful.

Our team does not deserve these vile 'fans'.
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:36 - Jul 12 with 4198 viewsHARRY10

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:25 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

The problem is that I genuinely believe it is a minority now, but its too easy for the press and social media to focus on that for views, likes, retweets etc so unless you can iradocate it, we will always be stained by it.

we will always be 'stained by it' as long as there are those (Farage, Johnson, LittleJohn etc) who are willing to peddle the hate that underpins this attitude and behaviour

attempts to challenge this bigotry is met with media bleats of 'woke', political correctness (gone mad or not) or which ever is the latest slogan painted on the side of the barn wall for the simple minded cretins to mouth

as long as the cause remains, then this sort of violence will continue
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:37 - Jul 12 with 4193 viewsCoastalblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:25 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

We need to laugh at them and treat them like the neanderthals they are. It might sound simplistic but it worked for drink driving, when I was a kid everybody did it, but it became socially unnaceptable.

These people are socially retarded, we need to treat them that way, I truly believe the massive majority are not, show them up for the fools they are and hopefully they will stop wanting to be seen in that way.

They are a bunch of brain dead dickheads, but every single one of us is in some way responsible for them feeling they can act like that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:41 - Jul 12 with 4149 viewsVillageGreen

The only thing that matters is the result.

We didn't get the result.

End of.
There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:52 - Jul 12 with 4065 viewsKeaneish

…unless that’s your footage, this post is ridiculous and way out of sync. Did you record this and were you anywhere near London or Wembley tonight because in my experience, the evening passed off very amicably despite the crushing disappointment. There’s always exceptions to the rule of course. Did you just choose to repost this to make a wider statement? If so, it’s kinda what tabloid journalism does, right?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

BANG ON on 00:53 - Jul 12 with 4058 viewsunstableblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:36 - Jul 12 by HARRY10

we will always be 'stained by it' as long as there are those (Farage, Johnson, LittleJohn etc) who are willing to peddle the hate that underpins this attitude and behaviour

attempts to challenge this bigotry is met with media bleats of 'woke', political correctness (gone mad or not) or which ever is the latest slogan painted on the side of the barn wall for the simple minded cretins to mouth

as long as the cause remains, then this sort of violence will continue

Lots of people trying to state it’s a minority, that there’s no relationship between the state of the nation and this ongoing racism

We had the Home Secretary supporting the booing of the knee and making up links to Marxism it wasn’t just Farage…. Our press peddle lies about Europe and immigration daily

And this just in:

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:58 - Jul 12 with 4043 viewsunstableblue

There are some disgusting scenes of violence coming out of Wembley tonight on 00:52 - Jul 12 by Keaneish

…unless that’s your footage, this post is ridiculous and way out of sync. Did you record this and were you anywhere near London or Wembley tonight because in my experience, the evening passed off very amicably despite the crushing disappointment. There’s always exceptions to the rule of course. Did you just choose to repost this to make a wider statement? If so, it’s kinda what tabloid journalism does, right?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/england-fans-euro-2020-final-b18822

Yeah of course it was

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024