Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One way of looking at it... 00:34 - Jul 12 with 1020 viewsjudespiveyg

England just went through a whole tournament without losing a single game in open play. I really can't think of a genuine negative to take from this tournament. England are justifiably one of the favourites for the World Cup.

Hopefully Bellingham can kick on over the next 18 months and cement his place in the XI as I think Rice and Phillips are maybe a bit too similar and perhaps Bellingham offering a fraction more attacking intent to this midfield will really make this team one to be feared.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

One way of looking at it... on 00:48 - Jul 12 with 976 viewsHARRY10

For those (us few) who enjoy the game without the bigotry, then this has been a most enjoyable tournament. Excellent refereeing and some incredible games.

England have been a model of professionalism, both on and off the pitch. No feigning injury, cynical fouling or endless whining to the ref.

Pleasing to see some relative unknowns step up - and play an open and positive game.

I expect the flags have already been taken down in Downing Street as they will have in so many other places, of those who joined the bandwagon.

However, as said, a great tournament and every praise to the England squad etc who played such big part in making it so.
One way of looking at it... on 01:06 - Jul 12 with 953 viewsKeaneish

One way of looking at it... on 00:48 - Jul 12 by HARRY10

For those (us few) who enjoy the game without the bigotry, then this has been a most enjoyable tournament. Excellent refereeing and some incredible games.

England have been a model of professionalism, both on and off the pitch. No feigning injury, cynical fouling or endless whining to the ref.

Pleasing to see some relative unknowns step up - and play an open and positive game.

I expect the flags have already been taken down in Downing Street as they will have in so many other places, of those who joined the bandwagon.

However, as said, a great tournament and every praise to the England squad etc who played such big part in making it so.

Do you bake cakes, sell homemade lemonade and preach the word to folk too? In my view, losing in a final of one of the world’s most major football tournaments should hurt a little more than glib comments celebrating the spirit of participation. FFS.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

One way of looking at it... on 01:20 - Jul 12 with 933 viewsmylittletown

Agreed.
Apart from Sterling's successful penalty dive, obviously....

Italy v Spain was the really high quality game of the tournament, notwithstanding Italy's constant cheating and time wasting.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 1:20]
One way of looking at it... on 06:56 - Jul 12 with 839 viewsPowrigan

One way of looking at it... on 01:06 - Jul 12 by Keaneish

Do you bake cakes, sell homemade lemonade and preach the word to folk too? In my view, losing in a final of one of the world’s most major football tournaments should hurt a little more than glib comments celebrating the spirit of participation. FFS.

Anyone proud of just participating should never ridicule Norwich again!!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 7:00]
One way of looking at it... on 07:07 - Jul 12 with 800 viewsmikeybloo88

Many enjoy the game without bigotry... Last night England were terrific defensively, pretty inadequate offensively, and too cautious tactically when there was a chance to win in normal/ET. That's my unbigoted summary...
One way of looking at it... on 08:43 - Jul 12 with 682 viewsIpswichKnight

One way of looking at it... on 07:07 - Jul 12 by mikeybloo88

Many enjoy the game without bigotry... Last night England were terrific defensively, pretty inadequate offensively, and too cautious tactically when there was a chance to win in normal/ET. That's my unbigoted summary...

We had the 2 Italian centre halves on yellow cards and could do them for pace at will we should have been running at them constantly.

A few times in qualifying we have played without the handbrake and we look like we could hsmmer most teams in Europe when we do.

It will take a brilliant team to beat us and I don’t think there are that many around who fit that.
One way of looking at it... on 08:53 - Jul 12 with 653 viewsKesgrave_Exile

This has been a major step in England's evolution under Southgate. Just like losing the 2018 semi we developed further and I see no reason why the same won't happen on the way to Qatar.

I think we saw in the final Southgates current limitation as a manger but like the team I expect him to learn, evolve and use this experience for the better.

I think in Southgate we have an ideal man who is suited for international management. I don't think there is genuinely anyone out there who could do a better job at developing the squad and uniting a national and team together. When you see a team like France who have amazing individuals but without team unity then you won't go very far.

Yes last night is a disappointment but we got to a ruddy final. Next time we will win.
One way of looking at it... on 08:56 - Jul 12 with 636 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

One way of looking at it... on 08:43 - Jul 12 by IpswichKnight

We had the 2 Italian centre halves on yellow cards and could do them for pace at will we should have been running at them constantly.

A few times in qualifying we have played without the handbrake and we look like we could hsmmer most teams in Europe when we do.

It will take a brilliant team to beat us and I don’t think there are that many around who fit that.

It’s easy to say “run at their defence” when we’ve got the ball.. but quite simply we didn’t get hold of the ball anywhere near enough and we have to hold our hands up that Veratti and Jorginho are far better midfielders than Philips and Rice. And it showed as they dominated the midfield.. that’s were the match was won by Italy last night as they were terrific
Login to get fewer ads

One way of looking at it... on 09:01 - Jul 12 with 611 viewspointofblue

One way of looking at it... on 08:53 - Jul 12 by Kesgrave_Exile

This has been a major step in England's evolution under Southgate. Just like losing the 2018 semi we developed further and I see no reason why the same won't happen on the way to Qatar.

I think we saw in the final Southgates current limitation as a manger but like the team I expect him to learn, evolve and use this experience for the better.

I think in Southgate we have an ideal man who is suited for international management. I don't think there is genuinely anyone out there who could do a better job at developing the squad and uniting a national and team together. When you see a team like France who have amazing individuals but without team unity then you won't go very far.

Yes last night is a disappointment but we got to a ruddy final. Next time we will win.

We’ve got to qualify for it first.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

One way of looking at it... on 09:25 - Jul 12 with 540 viewsPinewoodblue

One way of looking at it... on 08:56 - Jul 12 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It’s easy to say “run at their defence” when we’ve got the ball.. but quite simply we didn’t get hold of the ball anywhere near enough and we have to hold our hands up that Veratti and Jorginho are far better midfielders than Philips and Rice. And it showed as they dominated the midfield.. that’s were the match was won by Italy last night as they were terrific

Harry Kane’s lack of any significant contribution didn’t help us.

I might be wrong but I believe his first contact with the ball, in Italy’s penalty area, was when he took the first of our penalties.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

One way of looking at it... on 09:34 - Jul 12 with 523 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

One way of looking at it... on 09:25 - Jul 12 by Pinewoodblue

Harry Kane’s lack of any significant contribution didn’t help us.

I might be wrong but I believe his first contact with the ball, in Italy’s penalty area, was when he took the first of our penalties.

He’s been much like that this tournament sadly, not sure if he’s been carrying more of a knock than has been let on etc. as he’s appeared a bit laboured/sluggish at times and we’ve only seen short spells of the dynamic striker we know he is.
That said, opposition teams have probably prepared for him a lot better given his performances since 2018
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024