Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking the runner-up medal off.. 10:10 - Jul 12 with 1331 viewsstrikalite

Mixed feelings about this, maybe go back to the days when they were given the medal by hand in a box?

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:35 - Jul 12 with 1210 viewsScuzzer

Good idea. As I personally thought it bad form to take it off immediately...for heavens sake...first major final in 55 years....that should counter any personal disappointment.
But let's not get drawn into concentrating on the negatives that the media are trying to lead on and let's look forward with the large number of positives that came out of the tournament.

Established 1968

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:44 - Jul 12 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

No one wants to lose a final. Nothing wrong with it at all. They’d be getting stick for keeping them on if they did that so they can’t win.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:45 - Jul 12 with 1133 viewsBseaBlue

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:44 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

No one wants to lose a final. Nothing wrong with it at all. They’d be getting stick for keeping them on if they did that so they can’t win.

In a weird way, I'm slightly pleased with this. Shows the players aren't happy to accept being second best! Plenty of fight and determination in this squad and I can't wait to see what they can do in the world cup next year!
Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:52 - Jul 12 with 1079 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:35 - Jul 12 by Scuzzer

Good idea. As I personally thought it bad form to take it off immediately...for heavens sake...first major final in 55 years....that should counter any personal disappointment.
But let's not get drawn into concentrating on the negatives that the media are trying to lead on and let's look forward with the large number of positives that came out of the tournament.

"first major final in 55 years....that should counter any personal disappointment"

Remind us which major final you lost on penalties?

I'm sure they will reflect on it, and in time, be proud of the achievement. But that doesn't make up for the disappointment 20 minutes after losing on penalties.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:53 - Jul 12 with 1070 viewsPinewoodblue

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:45 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

In a weird way, I'm slightly pleased with this. Shows the players aren't happy to accept being second best! Plenty of fight and determination in this squad and I can't wait to see what they can do in the world cup next year!

There will be changes to the squad before World Cup finals, which we haven’t qualified for yet.

For example if a centre forward can’t impose himself on a cool evening in London, what chance will he have in the heat of the Gulf.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 13:34 - Jul 12 with 913 viewsBlueNomad

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:53 - Jul 12 by Pinewoodblue

There will be changes to the squad before World Cup finals, which we haven’t qualified for yet.

For example if a centre forward can’t impose himself on a cool evening in London, what chance will he have in the heat of the Gulf.

Are you referring to Kane? He is, by far and away, England's top striker. He played deep last deep, presumably to draw out the centre backs so it wasn't a game for "imposing himself" physically.

Do you have any alternatives to HK?
Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 13:39 - Jul 12 with 891 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:45 - Jul 12 by BseaBlue

Not weird at all, I thought it showed a brilliant attitude. They should be getting applauded for this.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 13:41 - Jul 12 with 872 viewsronnyd

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:53 - Jul 12 by Pinewoodblue

It appears that Kane/Southgate now considers him a midfield general instead of an out and out striker. I have great admiration for Southgate but i feel his style is now too pragmatic. We needed a change in style in play as soon as Italy equalised but he carried on in the same way. England just didn't turn up in the second half and only really had a go until the last few minutes of ET. We have great attacking talent now, so we really need to use them.
Login to get fewer ads

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 17:44 - Jul 12 with 664 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 10:44 - Jul 12 by J2BLUE

It's a great achievement and they should display the manners and respect to wear it.

I know of one sportsman who threw a runners-up medal in the Thames after a famous final. He's regretted it ever since. It was a beautiful medal.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 17:49 - Jul 12 with 642 viewsJ2BLUE

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 17:44 - Jul 12 by The_Last_Baron

It's a great achievement and they should display the manners and respect to wear it.

I know of one sportsman who threw a runners-up medal in the Thames after a famous final. He's regretted it ever since. It was a beautiful medal.

Oh give over. Talking utter nonsense. You're exactly the sort who would be on here criticising them all if they all kept it on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 17:59 - Jul 12 with 617 viewsArnoldMoorhen

It's a great achievement and you should display the manners and respect to allow them to do what they want with the medal they have just earned without feeling a need to judge them.
Taking the runner-up medal off.. on 18:01 - Jul 12 with 613 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Manners and respect to a piece of metal and a ribbon? What?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024