Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 11:09 - Jul 12 with 1094 viewsPinewoodblue

It’s amazing how many people are educated to degree level on the laws and tactics of football but can’t seem to grasp the correct use of the words, you’re, your, their and there. Never mind our system for playing the “beautiful game”… let’s have a gander at our system of education.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:13 - Jul 12 with 1048 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yes, let's look at how the education system can fix Dyslexia.

Not everyone misuses these words just because they are 'thick'
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 11:14]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:14 - Jul 12 with 1031 viewsyesjohn99

Bore off.
This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:30 - Jul 12 with 965 viewsBlueBadger

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:13 - Jul 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

About 52% of people who do, ARE though...
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 11:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:46 - Jul 12 with 895 viewsKropotkin123

Eye no write, do they knot Czech they're homophones?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:48 - Jul 12 with 876 viewsbrazil1982

So? It's a football forum not a PhD thesis. Bore off.
This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 12:25 - Jul 12 with 797 viewsRyorry

I'd suggest it's rather more important that our education system teaches youngsters how to think and read critically, instead of swallowing lock stock & flaming barrel every single corrupt lie that comes out of the mouths of our government.

Not to mention also teaching them how to behave in a way that shows respect and care towards other human beings whatever their skin colour or status, including at major events.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 12:27 - Jul 12 with 777 viewschrismakin

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:30 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

About 52% of people who do, ARE though...
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 11:30]

are

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 12:34 - Jul 12 with 740 viewsJ4ck22

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 11:13 - Jul 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

Pretty much. I know full well what the correct use of there, their and they're is, but I still occasionally subconsciously use the wrong one while typing quickly. Mistakes happen.
Login to get fewer ads

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 13:26 - Jul 12 with 671 viewsbrazil1982

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 12:34 - Jul 12 by J4ck22

Pretty much. I know full well what the correct use of there, their and they're is, but I still occasionally subconsciously use the wrong one while typing quickly. Mistakes happen.

Unfortunately on this board we have the grammar police who will jump on any mistake - whether that mistake is intentional, a keyboard error, etc. I wonder if they tell their mates off in the pub for using "wrong" words?
This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 13:59 - Jul 12 with 605 viewsGeoffSentence

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 13:26 - Jul 12 by brazil1982

Unfortunately on this board we have the grammar police who will jump on any mistake - whether that mistake is intentional, a keyboard error, etc. I wonder if they tell their mates off in the pub for using "wrong" words?

The rise of the smartphone has removed all the joy from being a grammar nazi, as now you know that, as often as not, errors are caused by fat thumbs or predictive text ballsing up.

Just another way in which technology can make life worse instead of better.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This is England - from a friends Facebook page 2 on 14:00 - Jul 12 with 599 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Should be "from a friend's Facebook." You're missing the apostrophe.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024