Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving on to Qatar 11:48 - Jul 12 with 2164 viewshype313

I do think we have a lot of talent all over the pitch bar centre forward, we only really have Kane as an out and out striker, It will be interesting to see how Oli Watkins goes this season and if he can continue to score lots of goals, I'm yet to be convinced by Calvert-Lewin.

Outside chance could be Ivan Toney, be interesting to see how he gets on next season he could be another option.

And Emile Smith Rowe is one to surely come into Southgate's plans, he's not a striker but was brilliant last season in that 10 role.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Moving on to Qatar on 11:50 - Jul 12 with 1969 viewspointofblue

My big concern is central midfield - I feel that’s where we lost the game yesterday and, with Henderson ageing, Rice developing and Phillips is the great but not world class category we are short of options on the controlling side of the game.

Yes, if Kane is injured, we have a serious issue there as it stands but the same goes for Maguire T the back unless Gomez can find his previous form post injury.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Moving on to Qatar on 11:52 - Jul 12 with 1945 viewshype313

Moving on to Qatar on 11:50 - Jul 12 by pointofblue

My big concern is central midfield - I feel that’s where we lost the game yesterday and, with Henderson ageing, Rice developing and Phillips is the great but not world class category we are short of options on the controlling side of the game.

Yes, if Kane is injured, we have a serious issue there as it stands but the same goes for Maguire T the back unless Gomez can find his previous form post injury.

Although Tyrone done himself no harm when he started the first couple.

Moving on to Qatar on 12:01 - Jul 12 with 1902 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moving on to Qatar on 11:50 - Jul 12 by pointofblue

Jude Bellingham could well be a consideration by then.

To be fair I think Rice and Phillips have been excellent.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Moving on to Qatar on 12:02 - Jul 12 with 1891 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mason Greenwood was looking a great prospect, and very clinical.

Hopefully he can find form again and develop.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Moving on to Qatar on 12:04 - Jul 12 with 1872 viewshype313

Moving on to Qatar on 12:02 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mason Greenwood was looking a great prospect, and very clinical.

Hopefully he can find form again and develop.

Ah, yes good point, I'd completely forgotten about him, but great shout.

Moving on to Qatar on 12:06 - Jul 12 with 1872 viewsMattinLondon

I think we certainly have the players plus strength in depth.

My concern is Southgate himself - needs to react quicker tactically - but hopefully this will come with greater experience.
Moving on to Qatar on 12:08 - Jul 12 with 1855 viewshype313

Moving on to Qatar on 12:06 - Jul 12 by MattinLondon

My concern is Southgate himself - needs to react quicker tactically - but hopefully this will come with greater experience.

it's a learning curve for everyone including Southgate, I have no doubt he has the minerals and gravitas to look at his own performance and see where he could have done better.

Everyone will benefit from last night, it's raw right now but it will fire up the belly for next year.

Moving on to Qatar on 12:13 - Jul 12 with 1827 viewsFtnfwest

Moving on to Qatar on 12:01 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Jude Bellingham could well be a consideration by then.

To be fair I think Rice and Phillips have been excellent.

said after one of the games when Bellingham came on (either Germany or Ukraine can't remember) that they will both have to keep performing at a high level because as soon as he gets in i can't see anyone dislodging him, immense player potentially.
Login to get fewer ads

Moving on to Qatar on 12:17 - Jul 12 with 1803 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moving on to Qatar on 12:06 - Jul 12 by MattinLondon

Second most successful England national manager in history.

Tactics have been superb throughout the tournament.

He will identify what he could improve, and will act on it. No worries about Southgate at all.

Moving on to Qatar on 12:18 - Jul 12 with 1805 viewshype313

Moving on to Qatar on 12:13 - Jul 12 by Ftnfwest

said after one of the games when Bellingham came on (either Germany or Ukraine can't remember) that they will both have to keep performing at a high level because as soon as he gets in i can't see anyone dislodging him, immense player potentially.

I work for a German company and most of them are Dortmund fans even a few Bayern and they are completely gobsmacked that Sancho and Bellingham aren't in the starting eleven.

It's hard to make a case as I rarely watch German games.

Moving on to Qatar on 12:20 - Jul 12 with 1790 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Moving on to Qatar on 12:18 - Jul 12 by hype313

I work for a German company and most of them are Dortmund fans even a few Bayern and they are completely gobsmacked that Sancho and Bellingham aren't in the starting eleven.

Bellingham was 17 when the tournament started, and Rice and Phillips hardly put a foot wrong.

No eyebrows would have been raised if Sancho started more games, but we are not short of talent in those areas.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2021 12:20]

Moving on to Qatar on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 1746 viewsFtnfwest

Moving on to Qatar on 12:18 - Jul 12 by hype313

I last watched a reasonable amount of german football during the first season sancho was there (3 or 4 years ago?) and you could see he had something although was more of a wide midfield player than an outside forward/winger type. Only seen bits of Bellingham but he's top class.
Moving on to Qatar on 12:29 - Jul 12 with 1738 viewshoppy

Moving on to Qatar on 12:17 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Second most successful England national manager in history.

Tactics have been superb throughout the tournament.

He will identify what he could improve, and will act on it. No worries about Southgate at all.

England were the only team to feature in the last World Cup semi finals (which consisted of 4 European teams) and these Euros semi finals too, going one step further this time of course.

With that kind of consistency, and the age of most of the squad, there's no reason we shouldn't be there or thereabouts again at the World Cup again next year.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Moving on to Qatar on 12:38 - Jul 12 with 1698 viewsBluefields

Moving on to Qatar on 11:52 - Jul 12 by hype313

Although Tyrone done himself no harm when he started the first couple.

Hes not at the level required just yet, very good player but a fair bit behind Stones and Maguire, who have both been outstanding. I think Gomez will certainly come back in to the squad as long as he recovers from his injury.
Moving on to Qatar on 12:52 - Jul 12 with 1633 viewsFtnfwest

Moving on to Qatar on 12:29 - Jul 12 by hoppy

England were the only team to feature in the last World Cup semi finals (which consisted of 4 European teams) and these Euros semi finals too, going one step further this time of course.

With that kind of consistency, and the age of most of the squad, there's no reason we shouldn't be there or thereabouts again at the World Cup again next year.

depends on the draw (and whether we make it or not at the risk of being called arrogant by everyone else in the world)
Moving on to Qatar on 13:06 - Jul 12 with 1571 viewshoppy

Moving on to Qatar on 12:52 - Jul 12 by Ftnfwest

depends on the draw (and whether we make it or not at the risk of being called arrogant by everyone else in the world)

We should make it... we've won all 3 games so far in qualifying. I'm not sure we're likely to mess up to miss out.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Moving on to Qatar on 13:29 - Jul 12 with 1502 viewsrickw

I would like us to try a more attacking system in qualifying, a 433 with say Rice with Mount and Foden either side of him in midfield, I think getting more creative players into the team will play to our strengths better

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Moving on to Qatar on 13:34 - Jul 12 with 1474 viewsOsborneOneNil

Moving on to Qatar on 13:29 - Jul 12 by rickw

I would like us to try a more attacking system in qualifying, a 433 with say Rice with Mount and Foden either side of him in midfield, I think getting more creative players into the team will play to our strengths better

Same here. We need to use our bright attacking players.
Moving on to Qatar on 13:46 - Jul 12 with 1428 viewsloftboy

Moving on to Qatar on 13:34 - Jul 12 by OsborneOneNil

Same here. We need to use our bright attacking players.

Can’t see any European team winning in that heat, will probably be Brazil or Argentina
Moving on to Qatar on 13:47 - Jul 12 with 1418 viewsOsborneOneNil

Moving on to Qatar on 13:46 - Jul 12 by loftboy

Can’t see any European team winning in that heat, will probably be Brazil or Argentina

Or Spain, if it ends up being keep ball.
Moving on to Qatar on 13:57 - Jul 12 with 1390 viewsIllinoisblue

A valid point re heat but having just watched the Copa America final, there is nothing much to fear from the present day Brazil or Argentina

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Moving on to Qatar on 13:59 - Jul 12 with 1373 viewshype313

Moving on to Qatar on 13:57 - Jul 12 by Illinoisblue

A valid point re heat but having just watched the Copa America final, there is nothing much to fear from the present day Brazil or Argentina

Yep, neither looked like they had anything to strike fear, Argentina have an ageing squad hoping for one last swansong.

We have an issue as you state with Kane on 14:03 - Jul 12 with 1362 viewsunstableblue

Kane is that world class striker you need to win the big games...

He was poor earlier in the tournament... but once he got the goal he was flying... and I thought he was being really effective (if a little deep) first half against Italy

If he is injured or out of form in Qatar we have a problem....

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Moving on to Qatar on 14:05 - Jul 12 with 1358 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, there are a couple of weaker areas, and areas where the drop off is so vast - hopefully some players come to the fore in next year or so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only 24C in December... relatively cool at night (n/t) on 14:05 - Jul 12 with 1350 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024