Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? 17:55 - Jul 12 with 2582 viewswkj

Given we need to stick to a quad of 22, it would seem Norwood, Piggot, Bonne being the likely picks for strikers - I can't see them adding more strikers to the final squad.

Alternatively, could Cook actually be looking at a two-up top formation? very off-brand for him - but who on earth misses out of those three.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 17:59 - Jul 12 with 2281 viewsxrayspecs

Jackson does not fit the formation that Cook wants to play so it is a matter of when rather than if he leaves.

Dobra could secure a place in the squad. PC apparently rates him, he is still quite raw, but could benefit from being in our first team squad this season.
Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:00 - Jul 12 with 2286 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was interesting he seemed to play 2 up in the friendly.

I think it is clear that Jackson will not be in the squad. Dobra is under the age of those counted in the squad isn't he? Where has this squad limit of 22 come from anyway? I think there will be a few more to add to the first team squad before there is any thought needed of removing anyone from it. Those in the U23s will not be considered and are free to leave (albeit for a fee generally).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:03 - Jul 12 with 2248 viewswkj

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:00 - Jul 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was interesting he seemed to play 2 up in the friendly.

I think it is clear that Jackson will not be in the squad. Dobra is under the age of those counted in the squad isn't he? Where has this squad limit of 22 come from anyway? I think there will be a few more to add to the first team squad before there is any thought needed of removing anyone from it. Those in the U23s will not be considered and are free to leave (albeit for a fee generally).

DObra is in a weird spot - on the ITFC website he's listed as a midfielder - but we saw him up top quite often last year.

As for the 22 squad limit, I have seen a number of people mention it on here, but then closer inspection of the league rules doesn't seem to ratify it any.

I do think Dobs needs a season or half of one as the big fish in a small pond. Get some confidence going and a few Goals/Assists under his hat..

Crybaby

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:05 - Jul 12 with 2217 viewschrismakin

Jackson yes, Dobra no

We will have a lot of games, the cup games will be treated with the same level of determination as the league games as well

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:13 - Jul 12 with 2172 viewschrismakin

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:03 - Jul 12 by wkj

DObra is in a weird spot - on the ITFC website he's listed as a midfielder - but we saw him up top quite often last year.

As for the 22 squad limit, I have seen a number of people mention it on here, but then closer inspection of the league rules doesn't seem to ratify it any.

I do think Dobs needs a season or half of one as the big fish in a small pond. Get some confidence going and a few Goals/Assists under his hat..

I think it depends on what you call the 2 wide players

Some will say wingers, some will call them inside forwards, some will see it as 3 forwards, etc. I guess it depends on how you personally see it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:15 - Jul 12 with 2171 viewswkj

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:13 - Jul 12 by chrismakin

I think it depends on what you call the 2 wide players

Some will say wingers, some will call them inside forwards, some will see it as 3 forwards, etc. I guess it depends on how you personally see it.

Far too complicated for a monday

Crybaby

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 2013 viewsmonty_radio

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 18:03 - Jul 12 by wkj

As of April two months ago the EFL were sticking to a squad size of 20 which the PFA were set to challenge while some club chairman (Oxford's perhaps?) were suggesting a 25 size squad across the EFL pending more negotiations. Maybe Phil or somebody has an update on this.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:03 - Jul 13 with 1716 viewsjayessess

Dobra is U21 so doesn't count towards our squad total or our wage bill. He's already a useful impact substitute and potentially more if he kicks on a bit. Can't see us doing so much business that we send him out now.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:22 - Jul 13 with 1664 viewsFPL_Tractor

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:03 - Jul 13 by jayessess

Dobra is U21 so doesn't count towards our squad total or our wage bill. He's already a useful impact substitute and potentially more if he kicks on a bit. Can't see us doing so much business that we send him out now.

My understanding is the squad restrictions still apply but the £2 million salary cap doesn't. We are limited to a squad of 20 players of 20 and over and their wages count to the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP) which is related to turnover. I suspect we'll end up with 20 plus Dobra and any others young enough to qualify who progress (Baggott? El Mizouni?)

What i don't fully know is if a player who is outside the squad of 20 but 21 and over (say Jackson doesn't get a new club) count to SMCP.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:38 - Jul 13 with 1611 viewsjayessess

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:22 - Jul 13 by FPL_Tractor

My understanding is the squad restrictions still apply but the £2 million salary cap doesn't. We are limited to a squad of 20 players of 20 and over and their wages count to the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP) which is related to turnover. I suspect we'll end up with 20 plus Dobra and any others young enough to qualify who progress (Baggott? El Mizouni?)

What i don't fully know is if a player who is outside the squad of 20 but 21 and over (say Jackson doesn't get a new club) count to SMCP.

The £2m salary cap no longer applies, but the Salary Cost Management Protocol, limiting us to spending 60% of turnover on player wages, is still in force. Wages spent on U21s don't count towards our total.

El Mizouni and Baggott are also both young enough to be discounted. Corrie Ndaba turned 21 last December and now counts towards the wage bill.

SCMP does include players the club is paying who aren't in the named squad, I think, so we'd need to actually offload Jackson.

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:42 - Jul 13 with 1592 viewsKieran_Knows

Jackson will be leaving anyway.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:19 - Jul 13 with 1496 viewsN2_Blue

Jackson is finished. He will never wear the Town shirt again...just hope we actually find someone stupid enough to pay even a fraction of the crazy money we paid for him.

Dobra will be in and around the squad, potentially some substitute appearances depending on signings and form of the first team squad.

If the first team is firing and he is not getting a look in then i expect a loan in L2 to get him some football but with a view to him still having a future here.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:26 - Jul 13 with 1445 viewsjayessess

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 08:42 - Jul 13 by Kieran_Knows

Jackson will be leaving anyway.

Indeed, although presumably it's still possible that nobody makes us an acceptable offer and we're stuck with him. We'll do well to offload absolutely every player we don't want.

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:31 - Jul 13 with 1430 viewsmonty_radio

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:19 - Jul 13 by N2_Blue

Jackson is finished. He will never wear the Town shirt again...just hope we actually find someone stupid enough to pay even a fraction of the crazy money we paid for him.

Dobra will be in and around the squad, potentially some substitute appearances depending on signings and form of the first team squad.

If the first team is firing and he is not getting a look in then i expect a loan in L2 to get him some football but with a view to him still having a future here.

I imagine he wouldn't (and I.M.H.O.) shouldn't drop below L1. He's no worse now than when he got here and his pace will still count for something. Not his fault that we were done over by a savvy chairman.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 1406 viewsSomethingBlue

Not Dobra, we are very short of attacking midfielders and wide players, along with CB that's the next big issue to address.

Think you just need three front-line strikers if you want to challenge seriously. All of those are good, experienced operators at this level and it gives us decent depth. Imagine he'll start with one up — probably Pigott — but we can and will be flexible.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:36 - Jul 13 with 1396 viewsjayessess

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:31 - Jul 13 by monty_radio

I imagine he wouldn't (and I.M.H.O.) shouldn't drop below L1. He's no worse now than when he got here and his pace will still count for something. Not his fault that we were done over by a savvy chairman.

At least someone is L1 is going to look at 11 goals and 7 assists in 36 appearances in 2019-20 and reckon they can get that sort of form out of him.

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:38 - Jul 13 with 1371 viewstractorboy1978

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:26 - Jul 13 by jayessess

Indeed, although presumably it's still possible that nobody makes us an acceptable offer and we're stuck with him. We'll do well to offload absolutely every player we don't want.

He will go for sure, it's just a case of how good a deal we can get. It may end up just being a nominal fee to cover his wages.
Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:41 - Jul 13 with 1343 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jacko is clearly not wanted, but who is going to buy him?

Dobra is not a striker and will be needed this season, good bench option.

RIP Sir Bobby

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:26 - Jul 13 with 1255 viewsArnieM

“ I can run fast”, Jackson is all but gone now I think . He’s not up to the standards now being set at this Club.

Dobra out on loan? I hope not . He offers something in this team and hopefully Cook sees that too.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:27 - Jul 13 with 1252 viewswkj

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:41 - Jul 13 by Wallingford_Boy

I'm not so sure that Cook will even use an AMC this season. With Bonne, Piggott and Norwood (tbh I hope he goes) - it is hard to see us not using 2 up top.

Crybaby

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:29 - Jul 13 with 1225 viewsFPL_Tractor

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 09:41 - Jul 13 by Wallingford_Boy

It notable that (unless I've missed them) there haven't been any links for Jackson. That doesn't mean there's been no interest, obviously, but you'd think an agent trying to get him out of the club would be trying to get his name out there - set up a bidding war etc. My guess is he'll go on loan and be one of the last out out the door.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:39 - Jul 13 with 1181 viewsjayessess

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:27 - Jul 13 by wkj

I'm not so sure that Cook will even use an AMC this season. With Bonne, Piggott and Norwood (tbh I hope he goes) - it is hard to see us not using 2 up top.

He's assembling a squad from scratch, I think it's pretty certain it has been assembled with his preferred formation in mind. Seems to me like Bonne's been recruited with the idea that he can play across the front 4 as needed. Piggott will be earmarked as starting Number 9 and Norwood as backup (or sold).

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:42 - Jul 13 with 1175 viewsgreyhound

Just seen a tweet speculating piggott is on 15k a week. Where do people get this nonsense from
Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:44 - Jul 13 with 1155 viewschicoazul

I fancy Jackson is going to be a makeweight in a deal very soon. Plenty of suitors out there for him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:48 - Jul 13 with 1125 viewschicoazul

Could Pigott mean Jackson out and Dobra on loan? on 10:42 - Jul 13 by greyhound

Just seen a tweet speculating piggott is on 15k a week. Where do people get this nonsense from

We offered Sonny Bradley 13! And I bet Crooks will command that sort of money. We are unattractive from a league position for many players (and to a certain extent geographically too) so money on the table is going to have to be one of our USPs, this summer at least. But I’d be very surprised if Piggott is on that much but at the end of the day, who cares. It’s the Ohio Pension Fund investors money not ours.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024