Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood. 09:51 - Jul 13 with 4588 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Yes. He's been a dickhead.

And he's brought it all on himself.

I abhor drink driving. I don't drink. I've taken the keys of friends who've been tempted. I've driven people who are quite frankly abnoxious drunks home because I don't want them to get in their cars.

But he's been punished. I think the 40month ban is quite significant because the inconvienence of it probably hurts him a lot more than the fine. I don't know where he lives, but I live in a little village without a shop and if I couldn't drive I'd be f...ed.

The club, PC and the rest of his team all knew about his trial. And they have given him a clean slate. I think that's where we should be at.

He's clearly motivated to make a go of it this season. He's come back leaner and fitter than he's been before at the club. He's toned down the constant social media barrage. I think he's still got something to offer. Paul Cook obviously does. I hope Cook and his staff can get the best out of him. Fit and focused he's a potent weapon.

I hope he proves a lot of people wrong and learns from this. The ball is in his court now. Let's see.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Norwood. on 09:52 - Jul 13 with 2936 viewsStokieBlue

The worry is he just doesn't have it in him not to get involved in nonsense. Hopefully you are right and he behaves, time will tell.

Surely second or third choice now anyway, can't see Pigott not being first choice.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood. on 09:53 - Jul 13 with 2915 viewstextbackup

At this moment in time I have no faith that he won’t be caught driving whilst disqualified

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwood. on 09:55 - Jul 13 with 2891 viewsportmanking

Norwood. on 09:53 - Jul 13 by textbackup

At this moment in time I have no faith that he won’t be caught driving whilst disqualified

Totally agree. Living in Cockfield, a 40-month driving ban is almost like a prison sentence!
Norwood. on 09:56 - Jul 13 with 2889 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Norwood. on 09:53 - Jul 13 by textbackup

I'd say it's pretty hard for him to do that.

He's not going to be able to drive to training. He'd be busted straight away.

He's too recogniseable to drive for a night out. Busted again I would think.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Norwood. on 09:57 - Jul 13 with 2864 viewsfooters

I really can't understand why Cook kept him around, the bloke's a bozo and I don't get why he'd want someone so seeminly unprofessional around for such an important rebuild.

But hey, he sees things I don't day to day so who am I to judge. If he buckles down this season and bags us a few, fair enough - last season's hijinx were probably the club giving an inch and him taking a mile because he knew he could get away with it.

Any road, he's here to stay apparently so let's see how he responds.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Norwood. on 09:57 - Jul 13 with 2873 viewshype313

He didn't learn the first time, so doubtful he will again.

He lives a good 45 minutes from the training ground, so it's going to cost him a small fortune to be ferried back and forth, unless he moves closer.

Either way, he's gone from the number one striker to second or third down the list and that's not including the "Marquee" Signing we are hearing from various sources.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood. on 09:59 - Jul 13 with 2848 viewsMrTown

Nobody can come on here and defend him, but he has his punishment, he serves his punishment, and as long as he serves it correctly, it should be a line in the sand from the fans imo - and we all move on into the new season.

Suspect he will get a disciplinary from the club as well, and rightfully so.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood. on 10:00 - Jul 13 with 2826 viewsSWGF

Norwood. on 09:57 - Jul 13 by hype313

He lives a good 45 minutes from the training ground, so it's going to cost him a small fortune to be ferried back and forth, unless he moves closer.

Either way, he's gone from the number one striker to second or third down the list and that's not including the "Marquee" Signing we are hearing from various sources.

"He didn't learn the first time, so doubtful he will again"

There it is.

And he must be the world's unluckiest bloke to have only done it twice and been caught both times.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood. on 10:03 - Jul 13 with 2762 viewsN2_Blue

Norwood. on 09:57 - Jul 13 by hype313

There is no way a marquee signing is going to be a striker when we have Bonne, Pigott and Norwood. That will be out lot I think and we still need to find someone to take Jackson away.

I don't think we'll sign another striker, more likely to be a forward/wide player who can play as part of a 3 up top but no way will we have 4 strikers so at worst he would be third choice.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Norwood. on 10:11 - Jul 13 with 2706 viewsFixed_It

I certainly don't condone what he has done, but the moral outrage on here is frankly way OTT and has been for some time. People don't like the guy for a variety of reasons, which is their perogative. I just find it sad that they feel it appropriate to slate him publically at every opportunity with a holier than thou attitude.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Norwood. on 10:15 - Jul 13 with 2627 viewswkj

Yes. He's been a dickhead.

And he's brought it all on himself.

I abhor drink driving.

There should be no buts then. He didn't kill or injure anyone - would there have been any "buts" if he had?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood. on 10:15 - Jul 13 with 2612 viewsWD19

You could have saved yourself some time.

Your 1st sentence was probably enough on its own.
The 2nd at a push.
Norwood. on 10:18 - Jul 13 with 2591 viewsjayessess

Norwood. on 10:11 - Jul 13 by Fixed_It

I certainly don't condone what he has done, but the moral outrage on here is frankly way OTT and has been for some time. People don't like the guy for a variety of reasons, which is their perogative. I just find it sad that they feel it appropriate to slate him publically at every opportunity with a holier than thou attitude.

I think most of us probably are "holier" than multiple drink driving offences, to be honest.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Norwood. on 10:18 - Jul 13 with 2585 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I don’t want that sort of behaviour associated with our club - we all make mistakes but he’s now done that twice in a short space of time.

If we’re genuinely seeking to be more professional on and off the pitch, with a focus on community we should clearly move him on.
Norwood. on 10:23 - Jul 13 with 2519 viewsArnieM

Norwood is lucky he still has a job at this Club. At any other job it would be deemed gross misconduct and the person would be sacked . This isn’t the first time he’s done this , so perhaps says a lot about his character ( all football aside ).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood. on 10:24 - Jul 13 with 2514 viewsiamipswich

Off the pitch, I agree he's been shocking in his behaviour.

But I do think people seem to be forgetting that he actually played quite well in the team when he was fit. I understand the argument of not wanting someone like that representing the club but I feel that some are forgetting that in Norwood, we do have a genuine goalscorer on the books whose largely performed well on the pitch.

Poll: Who will return first?

Norwood. on 10:25 - Jul 13 with 2491 viewsKeno

"The ball is in his court now"

Freudian slip there?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Norwood. on 10:33 - Jul 13 with 2435 viewswkj

Norwood. on 10:24 - Jul 13 by iamipswich

Off the pitch, I agree he's been shocking in his behaviour.

But I do think people seem to be forgetting that he actually played quite well in the team when he was fit. I understand the argument of not wanting someone like that representing the club but I feel that some are forgetting that in Norwood, we do have a genuine goalscorer on the books whose largely performed well on the pitch.

The ability in the job is in no way good enough to trump his repeated actions off-pitch. He didn't kill or injure anyone - but he knowingly increased his potential to do so - twice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-50041085

Just a glimpse at how different it could have been.

Crybaby

Norwood. on 10:35 - Jul 13 with 2431 viewsjayessess

Norwood. on 10:23 - Jul 13 by ArnieM

Norwood is lucky he still has a job at this Club. At any other job it would be deemed gross misconduct and the person would be sacked . This isn’t the first time he’s done this , so perhaps says a lot about his character ( all football aside ).

No, he wouldn't. It isn't legal to summarily dismiss someone for a criminal conviction unrelated to their work.

Norwood. on 10:35 - Jul 13 with 2427 viewssolemio

Norwood. on 10:25 - Jul 13 by Keno

"The ball is in his court now"

Freudian slip there?

As long as its a legal court and not Margaret Court Sigmund will overlook your Freudian...
Ditto Lucian and Emma.
Norwood. on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 2388 viewswkj

Norwood. on 10:35 - Jul 13 by jayessess

No, he wouldn't. It isn't legal to summarily dismiss someone for a criminal conviction unrelated to their work.

This must be a grey area surely - If Norwood's actions go against the Code of Conduct / Values of the team - surely he's open to that.

Crybaby

Norwood. on 10:40 - Jul 13 with 2356 viewsBLUEBEAT

Got a crashpad on the marina innit

Poll: W or W

Norwood. on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 2346 viewsKeno

Norwood. on 10:35 - Jul 13 by solemio

As long as its a legal court and not Margaret Court Sigmund will overlook your Freudian...
Ditto Lucian and Emma.

I find that reply rather in Clement

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Norwood. on 10:49 - Jul 13 with 2266 viewstractorboy1978

It's the pleading not guilty and the following fanciful story that gets me as much as anything. He was caught bang to rights, accept it and take your punishment.
Norwood. on 10:52 - Jul 13 with 2244 viewsjayessess

Norwood. on 10:38 - Jul 13 by wkj

This must be a grey area surely - If Norwood's actions go against the Code of Conduct / Values of the team - surely he's open to that.

In terms of what would happen if this were a "normal" workplace, not really. Being convicted of a criminal offence certainly wouldn't automatically make a dismissal fair (violence, theft or fraud tends to be key). To make it stick for a drink driving offence, you would probably need to have it written into your disciplinary procedure that such an offence would amount to gross misconduct.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024