Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine being the editors of the S*n. 15:03 - Jul 13 with 2048 viewsBlueBadger

Literally no shame.
Or self-awareness.
Or even basic respect for their readers.

[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 15:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:07 - Jul 13 with 1592 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst that is true, there is a wider point now of them realising what side of the debate they should be on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:10 - Jul 13 with 1549 viewsStokieBlue

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:07 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

Whilst that is true, there is a wider point now of them realising what side of the debate they should be on

The part on the right is awfully disingenuous though.

The "PM" is only "leading" the support for aces because it's popular. He's not taken much interest in racism before yesterday unless it was to engage in a bit of it himself.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:11 - Jul 13 with 1497 viewsfooters

Lol.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:13 - Jul 13 with 1486 viewsDarth_Koont

Course not.

Saying racists tweets etc. are unacceptable is a ridiculously low bar. But when this is over they’ll go back to the dog whistling and simultaneous downplaying of structural racism.

Pronouns: He/Him

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:18 - Jul 13 with 1430 viewsBlueBadger

They'll be on the 'right' side whilst it's more profitable to do so.

See also: Fox News and THIS:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fox-news-trump-rig

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:32 - Jul 13 with 1329 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect they'll want to be on the side where they think the wind is blowing, and be quite willing to change. As per usual.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:35 - Jul 13 with 1302 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:32 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect they'll want to be on the side where they think the wind is blowing, and be quite willing to change. As per usual.

The proof that the PM is 'leading the fight' will be if he sacks the likes of Patel, etc for their hypocrisy and open dog-whistling.

And then resigns.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:36 - Jul 13 with 1291 viewshomer_123

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:35 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

The proof that the PM is 'leading the fight' will be if he sacks the likes of Patel, etc for their hypocrisy and open dog-whistling.

And then resigns.

"And then resigns." we can but live in hope.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:38 - Jul 13 with 1281 viewsDarth_Koont

But even here they’re still only on the same side as Patel and Johnson.

Tyrone Mings just needs to copy and paste his Patel tweet to the Sun.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:39 - Jul 13 with 1275 viewsSwansea_Blue

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:35 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

And then resigns.

We'll expect a dead cat any time soon then.

I'm quite impressed that Mings managed to get his message through though. Baroness Warsi tweeted what I thought was a withering criticism of Patel yesterday and it didn't seem to make many waves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:39 - Jul 13 with 1262 viewsFPL_Tractor

I think this may be true here, but generally the Sun and other papers are owned, edited and written by rich people trying to influence poor people to vote for a party that benefits the rich not them.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:40 - Jul 13 with 1256 viewsmrshallisfit

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:10 - Jul 13 by StokieBlue

The part on the right is awfully disingenuous though.

The "PM" is only "leading" the support for aces because it's popular. He's not taken much interest in racism before yesterday unless it was to engage in a bit of it himself.

SB

Well he has been interested in racism if it involves calling women wearing the bhuka as looking like letterboxes.
Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:40 - Jul 13 with 1254 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

You assume there that they either a) understand what they are sharing and b) support it.

Its a job, do not assume that they (the writer) agrees with what goes to print. Its possible that by appealing to the lowest common denominator that they just make a profit.
Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 1237 viewsDarth_Koont

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:39 - Jul 13 by Swansea_Blue

We'll expect a dead cat any time soon then.

I'm quite impressed that Mings managed to get his message through though. Baroness Warsi tweeted what I thought was a withering criticism of Patel yesterday and it didn't seem to make many waves.

Warsi has been ignored on pretty much everything over the last few years. Scandalous really – and certainly part of the wider islamophobia problem in our politics and media.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 1234 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:40 - Jul 13 by mrshallisfit

Well he has been interested in racism if it involves calling women wearing the bhuka as looking like letterboxes.

Or seeking help from actual paid-up nazis.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/22/video-reveals-steve-bannon-links

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:42 - Jul 13 with 1219 viewsKropotkin123

Imagine thinking the sun is worth 65p...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:47 - Jul 13 with 1172 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:40 - Jul 13 by BlueBlueBluex2

You assume there that they either a) understand what they are sharing and b) support it.

Its a job, do not assume that they (the writer) agrees with what goes to print. Its possible that by appealing to the lowest common denominator that they just make a profit.

Oh, I think we all know what they're up to.

The absolute least they can to try and avoid their part in the abuse suffered by non-white people(not just footballers) on a daily basis being scrutinised too closely.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/11/the-sun-newspaper-reporting-sterli
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 15:47]

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:50 - Jul 13 with 1145 viewschicoazul

If you hate the Sun the Mail the Graun whatever, make sure you don’t retweet their stuff post it in here on Facebook etc etc. That’s how they make money. They’re laughing at the indignation. Nobody has heard from Milo for ages for a reason.
You help any media company by talking about them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:53 - Jul 13 with 1110 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:50 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

If you hate the Sun the Mail the Graun whatever, make sure you don’t retweet their stuff post it in here on Facebook etc etc. That’s how they make money. They’re laughing at the indignation. Nobody has heard from Milo for ages for a reason.
You help any media company by talking about them.

Pretty sure that me sticking up a screen grab of a racist newspaper on community with a core community of about 50 people(plus passers-by) isn't going to do make much difference to a national newspaper that you can see on pretty much every street corner.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:54 - Jul 13 with 1089 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:53 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

Pretty sure that me sticking up a screen grab of a racist newspaper on community with a core community of about 50 people(plus passers-by) isn't going to do make much difference to a national newspaper that you can see on pretty much every street corner.

Also: 'stop challenging and highlighting hypocrisy and bigots' is a f**king lazy cop-out of the worst, 'can't be arsed' persuasion.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:55 - Jul 13 with 1078 viewsIllinoisblue

Indeed. The Sun’s editorial board are all currently off sick with whiplash injuries such is the size of their u-turn.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:57 - Jul 13 with 1066 viewschicoazul

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:53 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

You’re completely wrong as so often. What you have done makes them money and gives them exposure. This is literally how it works in the media. They *want* you to indignantly spread their stuff and their owners ideology.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:58 - Jul 13 with 1058 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:57 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

You’re completely wrong as so often. What you have done makes them money and gives them exposure. This is literally how it works in the media. They *want* you to indignantly spread their stuff and their owners ideology.

Chances are, the S*n wouldn't running this desperate reverse ferret today had Tyrone Mings not highlighted and called out the open hypocrisy and dog-whistling of the Home Secretary.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 15:59]

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:59 - Jul 13 with 1046 viewschicoazul

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:54 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

Also: 'stop challenging and highlighting hypocrisy and bigots' is a f**king lazy cop-out of the worst, 'can't be arsed' persuasion.

It simply doesn’t work with these large media organisations and has the diametrically opposite outcome that I presume you are wishing for. You’re being a useful fool.

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 16:01 - Jul 13 with 1037 viewsBlueBadger

Imagine being the editors of the S*n. on 15:59 - Jul 13 by chicoazul

It simply doesn’t work with these large media organisations and has the diametrically opposite outcome that I presume you are wishing for. You’re being a useful fool.

Ah, that'll be why the Sun has doubled down on their stance on 'boooo BLM' since Tyrone Mings Tweet yesterday then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024