Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? 20:37 - Jul 13 with 4771 viewshomer_123

What's the concensus?

Our new owners have made it clear they want out of this division and the signs are Cook is being backed in the transfer market, which is great.

But...do we think Cook will last if things don't happen on the pitch?

Just wondering what people think will happen.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:40 - Jul 13 with 3050 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yes.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:43 - Jul 13 with 3057 viewsThe_Snake

I think he’ll get this season, or at least I hope so. Blackpool proved that an overhaul can work, although it did take them a while to click. Really not a fan of the managerial Merry-go-round.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:44 - Jul 13 with 3041 viewschrismakin

Top 2 at xmas
Promotion confirmed by March
PC is a hero
Pigott finishes on 29 goals
Bonne 15
Norwood 2 then injured for season
Morris comes in scores 7
Burns scores 10 with 29 assists
Crooks 20 assists and 13 goals

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:46 - Jul 13 with 3029 viewstextbackup

if he doesn't get us up, or doesn't look like he'll get us up, the owners and MA will pull the trigger. no questions asked

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:47 - Jul 13 with 3019 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think it would depend on whether there are any extenuating circumstances.

However, without some major things going against us beyond our control, failure to at least come very close to promotion would see him leave I am sure.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:47 - Jul 13 with 3017 viewsSteve_M

Largely, although I think missing out by a couple of points and losing in the playoffs a la Burley in 98-99 might get him another year.

He’s decided to make a lot of changes to the squad, will be down to him if we don’t start well. He got a free pass from some fans despite a really poor start so there’s definitely going to be pressure on him from the start.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:48 - Jul 13 with 3002 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 20:52 - Jul 13 with 2967 viewsMerseyBlue

I don't think it should be promotion or sacked. We've had a massive turnover in playing staff, it might take a bit of time for things to gel together and consistent results to pile up.

I expect us to improve on last season, although I also expect the rest of the league to improve too. We finished 5 points outside the playoff despite being pretty dreadful.

I expect us to go up this season or next, but if we made the play offs and didn't go up this season, I wouldn't want Cook to be sacked. For me, he would only be in danger of going this season if we had a Paul Hurstesque start to the season or regressed in both performance and results from last season.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:06 - Jul 13 with 2846 viewsChurchman

If we are making progress, look like a team, are ‘building’, he may be retained. More likely, he will be out, so promotion or the sack? Probably.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:09 - Jul 13 with 2819 viewsWD19

Pretty much.

Might get away with a near-miss play-off campaign if he is very, very lucky.

Anything else would be curtains I imagine.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:37 - Jul 13 with 2720 viewsPendejo

Yes

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:39 - Jul 13 with 2696 viewsGarv

"Anything but promotion is failure" is back then.

Sigh.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:41 - Jul 13 with 2687 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:39 - Jul 13 by Garv

"Anything but promotion is failure" is back then.

Sigh.

To be fair, it is.

Whether there are any circumstances under which failure can be tolerated is another question. You do not throw the sort of money the consortium are at the club to expect to stay in League 1.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:42 - Jul 13 with 2676 viewsElderGrizzly

Yes, he’s got one full season i’d suggest.

They can’t afford for us to stay down here for more than 1 season, especially with the players we are signing
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:43 - Jul 13 with 2668 viewsCrockerITFC

Gone by Xmas
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:45 - Jul 13 with 2649 viewsstonojnr

yes.

the longer Town stay in this division the more it will cost the owners and the harder it becomes for the club to get promoted, our aim is Premiership sticking around in League 1 for another season is not an option imo, theyve invested to buy players Cook wanted, Cook has kept telling us how happy he is with the players he's bought.

so its his team, anything less than top 6 he is certainly out, he might get another season if he doesnt finish top 2 if we have some horrendous injury that rules out a key player for half the season.

but there are no excuses now. no they dont train hard enough, no they arent committed enough, no Evans to hide behind.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:48 - Jul 13 with 2628 viewsSomethingBlue

No promotion and he'll be gone.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:52 - Jul 13 with 2604 viewsGuthrum

I doubt there will be much, if any, leeway for failure to get promoted.

Don't think it's quite a case of the sack if we're not top by November, but we'll certainly need to be in the hunt. A traditional ITFC second half of the season slump will probably not be tolerated for very long, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:01 - Jul 13 with 2563 viewsChurchman

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 21:45 - Jul 13 by stonojnr

yes.

the longer Town stay in this division the more it will cost the owners and the harder it becomes for the club to get promoted, our aim is Premiership sticking around in League 1 for another season is not an option imo, theyve invested to buy players Cook wanted, Cook has kept telling us how happy he is with the players he's bought.

so its his team, anything less than top 6 he is certainly out, he might get another season if he doesnt finish top 2 if we have some horrendous injury that rules out a key player for half the season.

but there are no excuses now. no they dont train hard enough, no they arent committed enough, no Evans to hide behind.

I don’t think it’s a question about hiding behind Evans. Cook didn’t actually hide at all, unlike the players, most of whom will be plying their trade in lower League 1 and 2 in the coming season.

However, you are right in that it is his team, his pre season and he will be fully accountable for how it goes and rightly so.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:01 - Jul 13 with 2561 viewsmylittletown

I reckon the minute that we don't look like being a serious contender for automatic promotion, he'll be gone.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:35 - Jul 13 with 2468 viewsTractorCam

If he doesn't get us up then he will definitely get the sack and probably rightly so.

But we're going up, so it's all good.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:40 - Jul 13 with 2440 viewsMattinLondon

A disappointing start and Cook will be gone by Christmas. A poor start and he will be gone by end of October.
Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:44 - Jul 13 with 2421 viewspositivity

i'll go for promotion, please

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 2405 viewsRyorry

No.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Is it promotion or the sack for Cook this season? on 22:49 - Jul 13 with 2406 viewsChrisd

If PC shows promise and we can see things are happening on the field, I’d be more than happy to give him time. I’m liking the additions he has made to our squad so far, but more needed. The most successful managers are given that time to build a side and develop it. I’m not a big advocate of constant chopping and changing if things aren’t happening quickly enough, as long as we can see we are heading in the right direction. Ultimately, it will be our new owners that will dictate his length of stay.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024