Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible decision from TFL 20:57 - Jul 13 with 1649 viewsStokieBlue

Masks to remain compulsory on all London transport.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/13/masks-will-be-needed-on-london-t

Now it would also be good if they policed that rule which they don't seem to have been doing over the last month or two.

Deaths are creeping up slowly, still far below what they were because the vaccine is working but it was 50 today.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 20:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:02 - Jul 13 with 1300 viewsElderGrizzly

Anything we can do to stop the predicted 2,000 hospitalisations a day next month has to be considered.

That level of admissions will basically shut down hospitals again to non-Covid treatment.

Also sensible news from Waterstones and we now know where to buy books to avoid the likes of Laurence Fox and Julia Hartley-Brewer

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:02 - Jul 13 with 1299 viewsbluelagos

It is a sensible decision. Policing it will be all the harder for the fact that is no legal requirement so I wouldn't expect any increase.

But 50% wearing masks is still better than 10%.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:05 - Jul 13 with 1269 viewsStokieBlue

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:02 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

It is a sensible decision. Policing it will be all the harder for the fact that is no legal requirement so I wouldn't expect any increase.

That is an issue, they can withhold transport but not issue fines.

Because the government is rubbish and refuses to follow the advice of scientists.

SB

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:08 - Jul 13 with 1255 viewsElderGrizzly

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:02 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

TFL can prevent travel even without the law backing them under their own conditions of travel which you sign up to when buying a ticket

Same for all airlines, train companies etc who have already said masks will be required or no travel.
Sensible decision from TFL on 21:10 - Jul 13 with 1244 viewsSteve_M

Yes, helps to drop the risk level increasing too quickly.

A bonus for the government is that morons will blame Sadiq Khan for this.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 7:17]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:11 - Jul 13 with 1240 viewsbluelagos

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:05 - Jul 13 by StokieBlue

That is an issue, they can withhold transport but not issue fines.

Because the government is rubbish and refuses to follow the advice of scientists.

SB

Did you read the latest modelling paper from Imperial? (I linked it yesterday)

Seems to me they are running blind with a 'survival of the fittest' policy from now on. Only way I see another lockdown is if the NHS is approaching overload.

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:15 - Jul 13 with 1221 viewsbluelagos

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:08 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

TFL can prevent travel even without the law backing them under their own conditions of travel which you sign up to when buying a ticket

Same for all airlines, train companies etc who have already said masks will be required or no travel.

They can make it a condition of travel and say man the entry points at tube stations

But not a cat in hells chance will they stop or delay tubes and remove non mask wearers imho,

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:19 - Jul 13 with 1206 viewsElderGrizzly

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:15 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

They can make it a condition of travel and say man the entry points at tube stations

But not a cat in hells chance will they stop or delay tubes and remove non mask wearers imho,

Agree, the workers will be told not to confront people who are threatening to be violent in response to asking people to wear a mask.

You hope there will be enough who have common decency to do the right thing.

If it does go big bang with the majority ditching masks, social distancing etc they will see 100,000 to 200,000 cases a day and somewhere between 2,000 and 4,000 hospitalisations a day.

That cripples the NHS again and makes every hospital an almost covid-only treatment zone. And that could be with us by mid-August

https://www.ft.com/content/abb39e87-ea3a-4e07-a7e4-043d44564d94
Login to get fewer ads

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:20 - Jul 13 with 1197 viewsStokieBlue

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:11 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

Seems to me they are running blind with a 'survival of the fittest' policy from now on. Only way I see another lockdown is if the NHS is approaching overload.

I did see you'd posted it but unfortunately I've not had time to read the paper.

I assume it's about 100,000 cases a day by the first week or two in August at the absolute latest on the midpoint and then some fairly hefty error bars either side to account for the uncertainty.

The NHS will be overloaded by the middle of August at the latest I would think, even if people are dying as much they will still be taking up beds in order to get the care that prevents them from dying. I imagine we will be seeing a lot of appointments for long covid as well.

We simply aren't vaccinating enough people.

It really is a stupid strategy, ideology over science never tends to turn out well.

SB

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:20 - Jul 13 with 1191 viewsWD19

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:15 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

They effectively gave up enforcing it a few weeks ago.

It’s a voluntary mask policy. Especially once on board trains.
Sensible decision from TFL on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 1124 viewsCoastalblue

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:20 - Jul 13 by WD19

They effectively gave up enforcing it a few weeks ago.

It’s a voluntary mask policy. Especially once on board trains.

This is the thing, the vast majority wear them while going through the gates, then lots either take them off or slide them under their chin once on board and on the move. There's been a real marked difference the last few weeks.

Personally I hate wearing a mask I can't deny that but it's really not that much of a hardship to wear one while making a tube journey.

I'd like to see them use the cameras on every train and bus to track people, but don't suppose that's practical or possible.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:13 - Jul 13 with 1097 viewsmylittletown

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:10 - Jul 13 by Steve_M

Yes, helps to drop the risk level increasing too quickly.

A bonus for the government is that morons will blame Sadiq Khan for this.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 7:17]

That is the whole point of this entire strategy.

When it all goes to sh1t again, and it will, it will be our fault or Sadiq's fault or Andy Burnham's fault. Not the fault of the utterly incompetent and dishonest bunch of tossers who form our government.
Sensible decision from TFL on 22:17 - Jul 13 with 1083 viewsTractorWood

Good news but from recent trips to the city it's only being observed 30-40% now.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:19 - Jul 13 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

My local boozer have decided that they'll be continuing table service and having no-one standing/sitting at the bar. And will be encouraging regulars to mask up still.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:25 - Jul 13 with 1057 viewsBlueBadger

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:11 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

We're running at 'winter level' ED attendances right now at [redacted].
We'll get another 3 weeks too late lockdown.

The depressing thing is, we could actually mitigate some it this time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:27 - Jul 13 with 1043 viewsBlueBadger

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:20 - Jul 13 by StokieBlue

I did see you'd posted it but unfortunately I've not had time to read the paper.

I assume it's about 100,000 cases a day by the first week or two in August at the absolute latest on the midpoint and then some fairly hefty error bars either side to account for the uncertainty.

The NHS will be overloaded by the middle of August at the latest I would think, even if people are dying as much they will still be taking up beds in order to get the care that prevents them from dying. I imagine we will be seeing a lot of appointments for long covid as well.

We simply aren't vaccinating enough people.

It really is a stupid strategy, ideology over science never tends to turn out well.

SB

Yes, but the LABOUR PARTY

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:28 - Jul 13 with 1041 viewsbluelagos

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:25 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

We're running at 'winter level' ED attendances right now at [redacted].
We'll get another 3 weeks too late lockdown.

The depressing thing is, we could actually mitigate some it this time.

ED? Emergency department?

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 1027 viewsBlueBadger

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:28 - Jul 13 by bluelagos

ED? Emergency department?

Yep. Officially it's been 'ED' not 'A&E' for a few year now.

Sensible decision from TFL on 07:37 - Jul 14 with 822 viewsStokieBlue

Sensible decision from TFL on 22:19 - Jul 13 by BlueBadger

My local boozer have decided that they'll be continuing table service and having no-one standing/sitting at the bar. And will be encouraging regulars to mask up still.

Figures from the Netherlands are showing a 500% increase after scraping all restrictions and that 37% of that was in hospitality venues (of the cases that could be tracked).

Can't really predict lineally but if that's repeated it's going to put us above 100k cases, probably well above.

SB

Sensible decision from TFL on 07:41 - Jul 14 with 811 viewshype313

Its the right thing to do.

Regardless of what Boris said I was always planning on continuing wearing one on the Tube.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sensible decision from TFL on 15:31 - Jul 14 with 641 viewsPinewoodblue

Sensible decision from TFL on 07:41 - Jul 14 by hype313

Its the right thing to do.

Regardless of what Boris said I was always planning on continuing wearing one on the Tube.

How would we feel if the club announced a requirement to wear masks if not at your seat. Can see many fans still wearing a mask from entry to stadium to seat.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sensible decision from TFL on 16:27 - Jul 14 with 610 viewsElderGrizzly

Sensible decision from TFL on 15:31 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

How would we feel if the club announced a requirement to wear masks if not at your seat. Can see many fans still wearing a mask from entry to stadium to seat.

Some of our fans can barely tie shoelaces, so the idea of them wearing a mask is probably a bit much!
Sensible decision from TFL on 16:31 - Jul 14 with 602 viewsPinewoodblue

Sensible decision from TFL on 16:27 - Jul 14 by ElderGrizzly

Some of our fans can barely tie shoelaces, so the idea of them wearing a mask is probably a bit much!

I understand that later this week government will issue guidance to football league that masks should be worn and checks made to insure everyone over the age of 18 has had both jabs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sensible decision from TFL on 16:34 - Jul 14 with 592 viewsStokieBlue

Sensible decision from TFL on 16:31 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

I understand that later this week government will issue guidance to football league that masks should be worn and checks made to insure everyone over the age of 18 has had both jabs.

Good.

But it's ridiculous that it's guidance and no the the actual law. In the stands might not be so bad but in the enclosed areas it makes sense to keep mask wearing. Imagine the toilets rammed with people for instance with no masks.

The figures from the Netherlands show us exactly why keeping masks in some circumstances is required. Even the government are starting to understand this now.

SB

Sensible decision from TFL on 16:37 - Jul 14 with 584 viewsdominiciawful

Sensible decision from TFL on 21:02 - Jul 13 by ElderGrizzly

Anything we can do to stop the predicted 2,000 hospitalisations a day next month has to be considered.

That level of admissions will basically shut down hospitals again to non-Covid treatment.

Also sensible news from Waterstones and we now know where to buy books to avoid the likes of Laurence Fox and Julia Hartley-Brewer

Laurence Fox is a cúnt.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024