Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? 08:29 - Jul 14 with 2151 viewsDubtractor

Live music and festivals is the thing that makes me tick, so quite excited to get back into it, albeit a bit nervous what with the whole covid 19 3rd wave.

Latitude is a designated test event, so everyone attending needs to show a negative test or proof of 2 vaccines. So I do feel a bit like a guinea pig!

Aside from the fairly commercial main stage the line up is really strong, though obviously almost entirely British acts.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 08:34 - Jul 14 with 2113 viewsBluish

I shall be there Sunday. Like you, slightly anxious but excited to see some live bands again. I can't see I will be around main stage an awful lot. Looking forward to seeing bdrmm.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 8:34]
Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 08:47 - Jul 14 with 2066 viewsDubtractor

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 08:34 - Jul 14 by Bluish

I shall be there Sunday. Like you, slightly anxious but excited to see some live bands again. I can't see I will be around main stage an awful lot. Looking forward to seeing bdrmm.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2021 8:34]

Bdrmm are def on my watch list too, love their album from last year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 08:54 - Jul 14 with 2042 viewsbrazil1982

Yes got a Saturday ticket. A little apprehensive.
Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 09:13 - Jul 14 with 2004 viewsDubtractor

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 08:54 - Jul 14 by brazil1982

Yes got a Saturday ticket. A little apprehensive.

Our original plan was to just do Saturday, but decided to go all in.

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 09:27 - Jul 14 with 1983 viewsPinewoodblue

How is it a test event if it is after 19th?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 09:32 - Jul 14 with 1979 viewsDubtractor

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 09:27 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

It was designated as one about a month ago, before the announcement about the 19th, to give them certainty about the event going ahead. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to start setting things up for the event without a huge amount of risk.

My understanding is that it still needs to be a test event despite the other changes now in place, I assume to provide some data on the impact of this type of gathering.

Standon Calling for me…. on 09:53 - Jul 14 with 1947 viewsunstableblue

… always good fun and a great site, pretty good line-up past the headliners… going all weekend

https://standon-calling.com/lineup-poster/

Looks like some rain around which is a shame

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 10:37 - Jul 14 with 1882 viewsdickie

Considered latitude this year but we're going to Camp Bestival as our kiddies are 3 and 4 and there's more there for them. I'm also pretty apprehensive about going to a festival but CB has only a 10k capacity. Some of the line up at Latitude appeals though! Contemplating going for a day just to see Hot Chip again
Login to get fewer ads

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 13:33 - Jul 14 with 1752 viewsMerseyBlue

That's a pretty cool line up all things considered.

Feels weird to see Wolf Alice at the top of the bill but have seen them live at a couple of events before and they were very good.

Enjoy what should be a great weekend of live music!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 15:41 - Jul 14 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 09:27 - Jul 14 by Pinewoodblue

Because the organisers have more sense of social responsibility than the government?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 20:08 - Jul 22 with 1408 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fontaines just cancelled due to a Covid case, chances are they won't be the only ones sadly.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 1132 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So how was it?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 1098 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 17:21 - Jul 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

So how was it?

I didnt go but a mate did, he got pinged tuesday and got a positive covid pcr test today. Latitude was the only place he went to all weekend so someone in there has been passing it around. Be intesresting to see how many got pinged.
Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 1097 viewsDubtractor

Latitude Festival next weekend - anyone else going? on 17:21 - Jul 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

So how was it?

Pretty good actually. If you ignore the fact that as general campers we were second class citizens anyway!

Saw lots of good bands, was ace to be back in a field with live and loud music. And as a bonus we didn't catch covid.

Dry Cleaning, Squid and Chemical Brothers the pick of the weekend for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024