Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Senior squad then.... 08:43 - Jul 15 with 8724 viewsitfcjoe

GK
Hladky, Holy
Potential for a one in-one out deal with Holy otherwise seem set

RB
KVY, Donacien, (Burns)
Think we'll look to shift Donacien still and get one in

LB
Penney
Signing a first choice LB still a key signing

CB
Woolfie, Nsiala
2 signings needed here, one senior, one up and coming

CM
Harper, Evans, Nolan, (El Mizouni, Fraser)
Look one player short here

AM/Wingers
Fraser, Dobra, Burns, El Mizouni, (Bonne)
Look 2 players short in these roles

Strikers
Pigoot, Bonne, Norwood
All set

Think it leaves us needing 6 players, with potential for another couple of Holy and Donacien go out

Some are greater priorities than others, but think we will end up signing 13-14 players before window shuts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Senior squad then.... on 08:45 - Jul 15 with 4112 viewssaffers12

Think that is Bob on

Would be happy for Holy and Dobra to stay
Senior squad then.... on 08:48 - Jul 15 with 4080 viewshype313

Left Back and a CB is priority now just to settle the jitters at the back, Crooks would be more than welcome.

They are clearly still in talks with Celina so that's one of the wide areas sorted if he came in.

After that think we are pretty set to start the season. What I do like is quite a few of the players he has brought in are quite versatile, over the course of a long tough season, that will be a real plus for us to mitigate against Injuries/Loss of form etc.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Senior squad then.... on 08:49 - Jul 15 with 4051 viewschicoazul

Plus KVY very prone to injury. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a first choice RB in and have KVY either on the left or as back up.
Amazing how after 8 signings we still have holes everywhere, it’s like Man U under van Gaal/Mourinho. I hope they can get it right this summer and we don’t have to do this all again next.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Senior squad then.... on 08:56 - Jul 15 with 3989 viewsParisBlue

I imagine there will be 1-2 youngsters on loan from Premier League. Most teams do but may not happen till late due to euros.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Senior squad then.... on 09:01 - Jul 15 with 3939 viewspointofblue

I posted this elsewhere, but it terms of a potential first and second XI...

Hladký - Vincent-Young, NEW LB, Woolfenden, NEW CB - Evans, NEW CM - Burns, NEW LW, Fraser - Pigott

Holy - NEW RB, Penney, Nsiala, Ndaba - Harper, Nolan - NEW RW, Dobra, Norwood - Bonne

So still six gaps for me unless we feel there are any young players who could immediately come in and stake a claim. Obviously Harper could be a first team member, I only put him in the second XI assuming we get Crooks in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Senior squad then.... on 09:01 - Jul 15 with 3935 viewsRopeyAdvice

I think that's a spot on assessment Joe.

Senior squad then.... on 09:08 - Jul 15 with 3898 viewsSteve_M

Yes, looks about right to me. We still have Jackson to move out as well but imagine there's a deal to be done with someone at L1 level or possibly even bottom of the Championship.

It does show though that, as good as our business has been so far this Summer, it's still the bare minimum we needed to do to have players in in good time for the start of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Senior squad then.... on 09:10 - Jul 15 with 3888 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 08:49 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

Plus KVY very prone to injury. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a first choice RB in and have KVY either on the left or as back up.
Amazing how after 8 signings we still have holes everywhere, it’s like Man U under van Gaal/Mourinho. I hope they can get it right this summer and we don’t have to do this all again next.

I think if season were to start tomorrow and all fit we'd see Burns at RB and KVY at LB - but that is an area we need improvement - possibly a PL loan at RB

Login to get fewer ads

Senior squad then.... on 09:13 - Jul 15 with 3846 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Are Ndaba or Baggott ready to step in as the up and coming CB?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Senior squad then.... on 09:13 - Jul 15 with 3845 viewshype313

Senior squad then.... on 09:10 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I think if season were to start tomorrow and all fit we'd see Burns at RB and KVY at LB - but that is an area we need improvement - possibly a PL loan at RB

Wouldn't mind Zak Swanson

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Senior squad then.... on 09:14 - Jul 15 with 3820 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Senior squad then.... on 09:01 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Hladký - Vincent-Young, NEW LB, Woolfenden, NEW CB - Evans, NEW CM - Burns, NEW LW, Fraser - Pigott

Holy - NEW RB, Penney, Nsiala, Ndaba - Harper, Nolan - NEW RW, Dobra, Norwood - Bonne

So still six gaps for me unless we feel there are any young players who could immediately come in and stake a claim. Obviously Harper could be a first team member, I only put him in the second XI assuming we get Crooks in.

I don't see Harper or Bonne as second XI.

Will be interested to see how everyone is utilised / kept happy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Senior squad then.... on 09:18 - Jul 15 with 3798 viewsitfcjoe

Senior squad then.... on 09:13 - Jul 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are Ndaba or Baggott ready to step in as the up and coming CB?

I don't think so - ideally one of them is around as 5th choice - unless Ndaba can blow Cook away this pre season

Senior squad then.... on 09:19 - Jul 15 with 3783 viewsNthQldITFC

Senior squad then.... on 09:01 - Jul 15 by pointofblue

Do you really see Harper as backup!?

From the admittedly little I've seen of him he looks excellent, possibly a little raw, but still looks like he'll absolutely dominate midfields in the third division.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Senior squad then.... on 09:19 - Jul 15 with 3768 viewsxrayspecs

I think that is about spot on. Another 6 plus some possible upgrades (Holy, Donacien, Nolan).

Suspect El Miz could go out on loan again.
Senior squad then.... on 09:32 - Jul 15 with 3709 viewsNthQldITFC

Senior squad then.... on 09:18 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

I don't think so - ideally one of them is around as 5th choice - unless Ndaba can blow Cook away this pre season

I think we sometimes see players who have got all the right attributes and have been making steady progress, suddenly make a huge leap forward and become a consistent top performer at a higher level than they have been playing at. Something switches in the psyche and they realise that they are good enough, and all of a sudden they are flying and full of justifiable self-belief.

For some reason I think of Ndaba in that bracket, not that I've seen that much of him to be honest. Do you think that he could have that sort of trajectory Joe?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Senior squad then.... on 09:36 - Jul 15 with 3671 viewsWallingford_Boy

Senior squad then.... on 09:10 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Donacien played really well at Dartford. Can see him staying, so not sure a RB is needed.

THe rest is accurate though.

RIP Sir Bobby

Senior squad then.... on 09:36 - Jul 15 with 3673 viewsElderGrizzly

A good chance we see a couple of frees after the window shuts. A lot of players will be without clubs
Senior squad then.... on 09:38 - Jul 15 with 3654 viewstractorboy1978

Senior squad then.... on 09:36 - Jul 15 by Wallingford_Boy

Donacien played really well at Dartford. Can see him staying, so not sure a RB is needed.

THe rest is accurate though.

Donacien is the total polar opposite to a PC full back. We want effectively wingers playing there, players comfortable bombing on and who have end product in the final third.
Senior squad then.... on 09:39 - Jul 15 with 3652 viewsTractorCam

I don't think we need to shift Donacien, he's definitely good enough to be the understudy for KVY and come in if he's injured and Cook seems to think so too. I'm unsure of the LB situation, another one definitely needed but hard to judge if it will be someone better than Penney.

If we can add a winger, a Mr Crooks and like you say a big name CB then we're looking very, very strong.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Senior squad then.... on 09:40 - Jul 15 with 3630 viewsSwansea_Blue

Makes you wonder if there' anything in the comments that we are looking for "another 2 or 3" (and that was before Fraser). Hopefully just gamesmanship as you've shown quite clearly how short we are in some areas still. Unless they've got plans to bring in some of the players from the cold or promote yoof.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Senior squad then.... on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 3576 viewsNazemariner

I'd love to see it, but can't imagine that we'll be signing a further 6 players.

I reckon two or three more defenders will be enough to start the season, with any gaps that become apparant being plugged before the end of the window.
Senior squad then.... on 09:46 - Jul 15 with 3522 viewsElderGrizzly

Senior squad then.... on 09:39 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

I don't think we need to shift Donacien, he's definitely good enough to be the understudy for KVY and come in if he's injured and Cook seems to think so too. I'm unsure of the LB situation, another one definitely needed but hard to judge if it will be someone better than Penney.

If we can add a winger, a Mr Crooks and like you say a big name CB then we're looking very, very strong.

Agree on JD.

He is capable of covering across the back line and given Cook wants a small squad we probably can't afford to let him go.
Senior squad then.... on 09:46 - Jul 15 with 3518 viewsRopeyAdvice

Senior squad then.... on 09:19 - Jul 15 by NthQldITFC

Do you really see Harper as backup!?

From the admittedly little I've seen of him he looks excellent, possibly a little raw, but still looks like he'll absolutely dominate midfields in the third division.

i agree. looked like a proper player at dartford. Granted it was only 45 mins!
Senior squad then.... on 09:49 - Jul 15 with 3498 viewsRopeyAdvice

Senior squad then.... on 09:39 - Jul 15 by TractorCam

It would be interesting to see 'if' we do sign crooks, where fraser and crooks would play in the same team.. from what i gather theyre both in the number 10?
Senior squad then.... on 09:55 - Jul 15 with 3433 viewsMediocre_Quick

I agree, but why would Penney not be first choice LB?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024