Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season 13:20 - Jul 15 with 3025 viewsCaptMickMills

from open play. 9 of Fraser's 14 goals were penalties.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:21 - Jul 15 with 2788 viewschrismakin

Correct

Now have a look at completed passes. Chances created. Assists and go back over a couple of seasons.
Then compare with bishop over 7

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:26 - Jul 15 with 2739 viewsN2_Blue

...and? What's the point you are trying to make?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:46 - Jul 15 with 2619 viewsSharkey

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:26 - Jul 15 by N2_Blue

I guess the point is he is a very reliable penalty taker, which is great. But he’s not an attacking attacking midfielder like, say, Szmodics.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:49 - Jul 15 with 2587 viewsEdmundo

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:46 - Jul 15 by Sharkey

I guess the point is he is a very reliable penalty taker, which is great. But he’s not an attacking attacking midfielder like, say, Szmodics.

There's more to his play than penalties, but as England showed, penalties aren't a given.
Add to that, Bishop has had many chances with many managers to realise that incredible potential he showed in 2014-5, and injuries aside, his attitude could well be questioned at times. We all know where PC stands on attitude. Time for him to stand on his own two feet elsewhere.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:02 - Jul 15 with 2513 viewsOsborneOneNil

Blimey.......some people still reluctant to let the bang average old guard go.

Chin up fella, we are on the up!!
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:18 - Jul 15 with 2449 viewsCaptMickMills

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:26 - Jul 15 by N2_Blue

Just what I thought was an interesting fact.

I still think Fraser will be an upgrade on Bishop but maybe the goalscoring midfielder hype is exaggerated.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:53 - Jul 15 with 2342 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:18 - Jul 15 by CaptMickMills

Just what I thought was an interesting fact.

I still think Fraser will be an upgrade on Bishop but maybe the goalscoring midfielder hype is exaggerated.

Yep, when you see the numbers and then the penalties it does take the shine of somewhat.

He's a very good player, and really looking forward to seeing him in action here - but playing in that possession hungry MK team and being on penalties massively inflates his statistical output

He was one I hoped we were in for last year, and seemed a real coup for MK Dons, and turned out to be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:06 - Jul 15 with 2277 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:11 - Jul 15 with 2235 viewschrismakin

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:06 - Jul 15 by BryanPlug

Dont know if you've noticed but Pigott and Fraser both fantastic pen records..
Both nearly identical pen taking technique

Central. Side step. Central run up. Shape body as ball is hit . Very difficult to know what direction they are going in.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:13 - Jul 15 with 2232 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:02 - Jul 15 by OsborneOneNil

It's mad isn't it?

Relegation without a fight, 11th and 9th finishes in League One yet number of people remain soppy towards that group of slackers who were letting us down on the pitch.

Cook has promised us big changes this summer and it's exactly what he's said.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 15:22]
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:19 - Jul 15 with 2204 viewschicoazul

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:02 - Jul 15 by OsborneOneNil

In the one hand I am sorry to see Skuse Chambo and Bish go in particular. On the other you’re absolutely right. I still feel disappointed he is leaving especially to bloody MKD of all people. If he was doing a Dozzell/Downes and moving up I’d feel less so.
He is a great player on his day ruined by injuries.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season (n/t) on 15:36 - Jul 15 with 2104 viewsSharkey

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:45 - Jul 15 with 2071 viewsParky

Since the 2014/15 season:

Teddy Bishop has scored 5 goals and got 8 assists.
Scott Fraser has scored 48 goals and got 38 assists.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 17:51 - Jul 15 with 1881 viewsBlueBadger

This is outrageous posting.

It's 'one FEWER'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 18:04 - Jul 15 with 1847 viewsVic

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 14:53 - Jul 15 by itfcjoe

Yep, when you see the numbers and then the penalties it does take the shine of somewhat.

He's a very good player, and really looking forward to seeing him in action here - but playing in that possession hungry MK team and being on penalties massively inflates his statistical output

He was one I hoped we were in for last year, and seemed a real coup for MK Dons, and turned out to be

Not sure ‘it takes the shine off’ but it’s useful just to keep it in mind.

He looks much more like an upgrade on Andre to me. His vision and weight of pass, together with his upper body strength in tight situations is impressive. Young master Dozzell would learn a good deal from him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:37 - Jul 15 with 1683 viewsGeoffSentence

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:06 - Jul 15 by BryanPlug

Thing is, for years we have not really needed a penalty taker. Hopefully that will all change now.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:42 - Jul 15 with 1661 viewsgordon

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:37 - Jul 15 by GeoffSentence

Thing is, for years we have not really needed a penalty taker. Hopefully that will all change now.

We've not really needed forwards, either, when you think about it.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:44 - Jul 15 with 1657 viewsStNeotsBlue

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 13:49 - Jul 15 by Edmundo

There's more to his play than penalties, but as England showed, penalties aren't a given.
Add to that, Bishop has had many chances with many managers to realise that incredible potential he showed in 2014-5, and injuries aside, his attitude could well be questioned at times. We all know where PC stands on attitude. Time for him to stand on his own two feet elsewhere.

When could you question Bishop's attitude? He paid for his own treatment which isn't the action of a man just in it for the £.
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:52 - Jul 15 with 1640 viewstextbackup

if we attack attack attack - chances are we will get a few pens

and I don't want mr miss-a-lot stepping up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 20:53 - Jul 15 with 1630 viewsnorfsufblue

For the record.... penalties are not goals till they go between the posts and count exactly the same as from open play.... also these are 9 occasions when a law has been broken in the box and maybe Fraser was the reason they were conceded either directly or indirectly.... im sure Harry Kane doesn't not count penalties in his England total?
Bishop (4) only scored 1 fewer goal FROM OPEN PLAY than Fraser last season on 21:10 - Jul 15 with 1581 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 17:51 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

It's 'one FEWER'.

It is also a gross misrepresentation unless the headline is adapted to account for the fact Bishop only scored 4 goals. (See the edit above.)

So, basically, Fraser is a better passer of the ball, more effective at assists and is a penalty taker all of which rank him ahead of Bishop. On top of that he scored 25% more goals from open play than him!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 1467 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 15:19 - Jul 15 by chicoazul

In the one hand I am sorry to see Skuse Chambo and Bish go in particular. On the other you’re absolutely right. I still feel disappointed he is leaving especially to bloody MKD of all people. If he was doing a Dozzell/Downes and moving up I’d feel less so.
He is a great player on his day ruined by injuries.

Why are you sorry to see Skuse, Chambers, Bishop or other old guard go? They were the mainstays of our decline. They will be indelibly associated with the darkest and worst time in the history of the club. These players would probably have had their contracts extended if we hadn't been taken over my new owners and the decline would have continued but they still would have been deemed great professionals by some.

Cook didn't like their attitude on the training pitch, It wouldn't surprise me if he said to them: 'you aren't going to fook with me like you did with Hurst or Lambert therefore I'm getting rid of all of you this summer'.

Bishop is just like Dozzell. We can't carry them year after year after year and wait 7 years for their potential to explode. We need to get out of this league and these players aren't good enough for that. Simple.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 22:17]
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 22:16 - Jul 15 with 1457 viewsCaptMickMills

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 17:51 - Jul 15 by BlueBadger

It's 'one FEWER'.

My wife would totally agree it should be 1 fewer not 1 less 😀
Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 07:26 - Jul 16 with 1220 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 22:06 - Jul 15 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why are you sorry to see Skuse, Chambers, Bishop or other old guard go? They were the mainstays of our decline. They will be indelibly associated with the darkest and worst time in the history of the club. These players would probably have had their contracts extended if we hadn't been taken over my new owners and the decline would have continued but they still would have been deemed great professionals by some.

Cook didn't like their attitude on the training pitch, It wouldn't surprise me if he said to them: 'you aren't going to fook with me like you did with Hurst or Lambert therefore I'm getting rid of all of you this summer'.

Bishop is just like Dozzell. We can't carry them year after year after year and wait 7 years for their potential to explode. We need to get out of this league and these players aren't good enough for that. Simple.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 22:17]

Bishop reminds me of Bowditch. Technically very good and with loads of potential. Just not effective enough on the pitch.

Didn't Bowditch make a decent career in the lower leagues with MK Dons or was it Wycombe or someone? I think they will be a good fit. Quite happy for Bishop to do even better but we can't keep giving him chances forever.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bishop only scored 1 less goal than Fraser last season on 08:28 - Jul 16 with 1120 viewsWickets

Great to have someone who scores Penalties then but wait a minute how the fook did they get 9 penalties !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024