Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the 8 already through the door... 09:18 - Jul 16 with 1081 viewsITFC_RDM

who do you expect to have the biggest impact this season? or who's most likely to win POTS?
From the 8 already through the door... on 09:25 - Jul 16 with 1045 viewsitfcjoe

I think Evans has the most impact - but will be a steady eddie and maybe not as glamorous to win POTY

POTS ideally you want someone to have scored 20+ goals and be nailed on, so I'd say Pigott.....but high hopes for Hladky

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:28 - Jul 16 with 1012 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:25 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

I think Evans has the most impact - but will be a steady eddie and maybe not as glamorous to win POTY

POTS ideally you want someone to have scored 20+ goals and be nailed on, so I'd say Pigott.....but high hopes for Hladky

Indeed. I would hope we don't give Hladky much chance to really shine but if he makes some key saves in the more important games and sets attacks in motion you never know. We could do with a keeper commanding and leading at the back (unless a new CB can do that).

I wonder if Harper might be the one who people notice ... or Fraser. Ultimately it would be nice to have a new dilemma choosing not because so no one stands as being good but rather because several do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:28 - Jul 16 with 1014 viewsBeckets

Evans the most impact. Very long shot for POTS is Woolfy. Feels like make or break for him this year. If the former I could see the one of our own being a factor in the voting.
From the 8 already through the door... on 09:29 - Jul 16 with 1004 viewsWallingford_Boy

100% agree with Joe, Lee Evans = Matt Holland. Will become a fans fave and win POTS next year.

RIP Sir Bobby

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:30 - Jul 16 with 987 viewsITFC_RDM

Very similar for me, I think Harper has gone massively under the radar compared to some other signings. Not the most glamorous in terms of being a holding midfielder, but think he could be really key to the way cook wants to play.

Are we all thinking Pigott has been signed as the main man up top then?
From the 8 already through the door... on 09:30 - Jul 16 with 982 viewsunstableblue

I think Evans.. as my hope is he'll perform consistently and provide that drive to motivate his team mates, that is constant

One of our big problems over many seasons is that we have lacked a consistent player to lead the team, lead by example.

Senior players like Skuse, Chambo*, Ward, have played well in part, but then played well below par and its just not a good example for those around (*to be fair to Chambo his failings were often related to playing right back)

I also think Burns and Fraser will become fan favourites, and drive at the opposition, again with a bit more consistency than the likes of Edwards, Judge and Bishop.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:38 - Jul 16 with 941 viewsitfcjoe

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:30 - Jul 16 by ITFC_RDM

Very similar for me, I think Harper has gone massively under the radar compared to some other signings. Not the most glamorous in terms of being a holding midfielder, but think he could be really key to the way cook wants to play.

Are we all thinking Pigott has been signed as the main man up top then?

Harper realistically is going to be inconsistent - going to have some brilliant spells and down spells as this will (hopefully) be his first season of playing week in-week out.

I think Pigott will be a nailed on starter - he's effectively the big marquee signing when you see his recent goals record - even if we do manage to get a Celina done then he's still the main striker

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

From the 8 already through the door... on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 831 viewsFixed_It

I very much doubt our new GK will score 20 goals this season, but...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

From the 8 already through the door... on 10:20 - Jul 16 with 773 viewsOwainG1992

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:28 - Jul 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. I would hope we don't give Hladky much chance to really shine but if he makes some key saves in the more important games and sets attacks in motion you never know. We could do with a keeper commanding and leading at the back (unless a new CB can do that).

I wonder if Harper might be the one who people notice ... or Fraser. Ultimately it would be nice to have a new dilemma choosing not because so no one stands as being good but rather because several do.

I was thinking about Rakeem Harper the other day.
2 years from now.
We've just finished a solid 11th in the championship.
Harper goes for 10 million to a prem team!
Who knows.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

I'm with you... on 10:23 - Jul 16 with 752 viewsunstableblue

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:28 - Jul 16 by Beckets

Evans the most impact. Very long shot for POTS is Woolfy. Feels like make or break for him this year. If the former I could see the one of our own being a factor in the voting.

.. I think Wolfenden has great ability, its an attitude thing, and I don't think the old dressing room and management was right for him.

If he can get on the Cook bus, get a little less relaxed he might secure a starters place and have a great season.

Expecting a senior signing alongside him soon.

From the 8 already through the door... on 10:26 - Jul 16 with 748 viewsunstableblue

From the 8 already through the door... on 09:38 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Harper realistically is going to be inconsistent - going to have some brilliant spells and down spells as this will (hopefully) be his first season of playing week in-week out.

I think Pigott will be a nailed on starter - he's effectively the big marquee signing when you see his recent goals record - even if we do manage to get a Celina done then he's still the main striker

Couldn't agree more on Harper, if you scratch beneath the surface and listen to WBA fans views he's someone who'd promised a lot, but has yet to deliver consistently.

He's the biggest gamble of those signed for me.

And that's why we'll see another central midfielder signed, as Downes reamains so out of favour.

I think Burns and Fraser will hit the ground running like Evans.

From the 8 already through the door... on 10:30 - Jul 16 with 721 viewsITFC_RDM

From the 8 already through the door... on 10:26 - Jul 16 by unstableblue

Couldn't agree more on Harper, if you scratch beneath the surface and listen to WBA fans views he's someone who'd promised a lot, but has yet to deliver consistently.

He's the biggest gamble of those signed for me.

And that's why we'll see another central midfielder signed, as Downes reamains so out of favour.

I think Burns and Fraser will hit the ground running like Evans.

He's playing below any level he has before. I personally think he's exactly the kind of player we have needed. From the little I have seen of him, he seems to be able to do everything you want from that role. I think he will give Evans and Fraser the freedom to play.... if all goes to plan and he is the player I've seen he looks he can be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024