Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new kits are poor 16:27 - Jul 16 with 2912 viewsRobbie12345

I think it’s a really big shame how poorly designed both our kits are this year, particularly with all the hype of the Ed Sheeran sponsorship, new owners and quality signings bringing such a high level of sales. I had low expectations, but am still so disappointed. It’s not just that they are poor because they are Adidas concept designs (like the away kit last year)- I usually love the quality Adidas bring, but this time not so.

Not only is the home shirt (the front) not ‘Ipswich blue’, being quite a few shades darker than the other 10+ blue Ipswich shirts I own from over the last 15 years or so, the front and back of the shirt are different shades of blue. Additionally, like others have pointed out, the placement of the black stripes down the shirt is poor, especially around the badge, which could have easily been adjusted in seconds. This is not the case or a issue on previous striped Ips kits. It just feels like it was rushed with a lack of care.

As someone who was wanting another white away shirt and was checking multiple times a day to see any news of it, knowing they said Mid July- it is just too plain. Just some black by the neck rim and ends of the arms would have made a significant difference. Otherwise, the home kit in white with black stripes, like the concept version on another thread, would have been better.

Need to see the away one in person, might just end up buying the home one or the training kit to ‘do my bit’, but I am not impressed, or even satisfied. Can only hope future kits will be better designed, especially if the owners are paying a interest into the concept designs.

If you got this far, would be interested to get thoughts on whether people are buying them because they genuinely like them or because they also want to do their bit to help fund the team?

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

The new kits are poor on 16:31 - Jul 16 with 2311 viewsJ2BLUE

As someone else said, these shirts are designed with Ed Sheeran fans in mind. It's an opportunity the club and Adidas won't want to miss.

Perhaps next year we can have something more exciting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The new kits are poor on 16:32 - Jul 16 with 2284 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No one is making you buy them, they were signed off by the previous ownership and frankly, we could play in a kit brought from Sports Direct as long as we are competitive this season.

I also want to do my bit to help fund the team.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The new kits are poor on 16:40 - Jul 16 with 2230 viewsSitfcB

The new kits are poor on 16:31 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

As someone else said, these shirts are designed with Ed Sheeran fans in mind. It's an opportunity the club and Adidas won't want to miss.

They weren’t though were they. These were designed about or over a year ago, no one had any idea Ed would be the sponsor at that stage.

I don’t bet the ‘hate’. They are what they are, can’t do nothing about it. Just a football shirt at the end of the day. As long as the home one is blue and has the badge on doesn’t really matter.

I don’t buy the away shirt and nor do we hardly play in it so...it’s just moaning for the sake of moaning.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The new kits are poor on 16:41 - Jul 16 with 2239 viewsRobbie12345

The new kits are poor on 16:31 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

Would agree and that would have been clever, but the interview the club just put out with the head of retail operations, Paul Maccro, who said the new shirts were ordered in Dec before they knew about the Ed Sheeran sponsorship or they would have ordered more, so I think it’s unlikely they would have factored it into the design too. Maybe it just fortuitously turned out that way. Tbf the darker blue does look better casually, even if its not ‘Ipswich blue’. As you say, hopefully better next year.

The new kits are poor on 16:42 - Jul 16 with 2222 viewsScuzzer

Oh well...I like them.

Established 1968

The new kits are poor on 16:43 - Jul 16 with 2220 viewsOwainG1992

"You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time".

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

The new kits are poor on 16:44 - Jul 16 with 2217 viewsRobbie12345

The new kits are poor on 16:32 - Jul 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

No one is making you buy them, they were signed off by the previous ownership and frankly, we could play in a kit brought from Sports Direct as long as we are competitive this season.

I also want to do my bit to help fund the team.

I want to buy one though, as you say to help fund the team, I would just prefer to buy something I liked a bit.

So do you like them, or are you buying it anyway?

The new kits are poor on 16:44 - Jul 16 with 2208 viewsRobbie12345

The new kits are poor on 16:43 - Jul 16 by OwainG1992

"You can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time".

So you like them?

Login to get fewer ads

The new kits are poor on 16:46 - Jul 16 with 2180 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The new kits are poor on 16:44 - Jul 16 by Robbie12345

I want to buy one though, as you say to help fund the team, I would just prefer to buy something I liked a bit.

So do you like them, or are you buying it anyway?

Yes.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The new kits are poor on 16:48 - Jul 16 with 2179 viewsGogs

I've bought the grey collar-less polo shirt from the training range. I like the neutral colour, it's thicker material than a match shirt, decent enough quality and I'm pretty happy with it. Has a silicon badge, so better quality than a printed badge. Much as i'm in favour of Ed Sheeran's sponsorship, I don't want a replica shirt with a sponsor's name over the front of it. This also has the bonus that it won't obviously go out of date in a year's time, I know they'll bring out a new training range but you get what i mean
The new kits are poor on 16:49 - Jul 16 with 2160 viewsOwainG1992

So you like them?

I like the home kit.
Away kits pleasant enough.
It's not green or yellow.
That'll do for me.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

The new kits are poor on 16:52 - Jul 16 with 2138 viewsJ2BLUE

The new kits are poor on 16:40 - Jul 16 by SitfcB

They weren’t though were they. These were designed about or over a year ago, no one had any idea Ed would be the sponsor at that stage.

I don’t bet the ‘hate’. They are what they are, can’t do nothing about it. Just a football shirt at the end of the day. As long as the home one is blue and has the badge on doesn’t really matter.

I don’t buy the away shirt and nor do we hardly play in it so...it’s just moaning for the sake of moaning.

Oh really? Ignore me then.

Agree with you really, not overly bothered.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The new kits are poor on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 2128 viewsCoastalblue

I'm not that bothered by shirts, very rarely buy them, almost never wear them so I guess I'm not target market.

Home shirt I think is OK, presentable, not too fussed how they look really as long as we avoid abominations like the swoosh design.

Away shirt I uite like though get why it's probably a bit plain for most, I'm a fairly understated kind of guy so it works for me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The new kits are poor on 17:02 - Jul 16 with 2078 viewsblu_dru

The new kits are poor on 16:49 - Jul 16 by OwainG1992

I like the home kit.
Away kits pleasant enough.
It's not green or yellow.
That'll do for me.

I prefer poems that rhyme to be honest..
The new kits are poor on 17:12 - Jul 16 with 2056 viewsFtnfwest

Bought the home one because I quite like it and partly the assistance in terms of funds etc. The detail of these things passes me by to be honest, I tend to prefer the simpler kits anyway, more classic basic colours (or white in the case of the away shirt) tend to be remembered for more of the right reasons.
The new kits are poor on 17:12 - Jul 16 with 2053 viewsMerseyBlue

The new kits are poor on 16:40 - Jul 16 by SitfcB

I'm sure Ed Sheeran has said on a couple of the interviews he's given since the announcement that he approached the club about 2 years ago. I don't know whether the kits have been designed with that in mind but given that timescale, they could have been.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

The new kits are poor on 17:16 - Jul 16 with 2030 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds like you’re outside the tent pissing in. Calm down, buy both shirts and get with the program.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The new kits are poor on 17:21 - Jul 16 with 1994 viewsWD19

^^^^

Note: This is what a forum focussing on football related topics only would look like.
The new kits are poor on 17:22 - Jul 16 with 1986 viewsistanblue

I wouldn't say they're poor, just average.
The new kits are poor on 17:22 - Jul 16 with 1984 viewsN2_Blue

So you like them?

Plenty of people do like them. Sometimes simple is more.

No shirt can keep everyone happy...you don't like this one, others do.

Wait for another year...one year it will be a shirt you like, some people will hate it. That's how it goes.

Generally the people that do buy the kit each season because they want to support the club or feel the badge. No one wears it to look good or for fashion do they!?

Its a pointless moan.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The new kits are poor on 17:31 - Jul 16 with 1946 viewsstrikalite

The new kits are poor on 16:48 - Jul 16 by Gogs

I've bought the grey collar-less polo shirt from the training range. I like the neutral colour, it's thicker material than a match shirt, decent enough quality and I'm pretty happy with it. Has a silicon badge, so better quality than a printed badge. Much as i'm in favour of Ed Sheeran's sponsorship, I don't want a replica shirt with a sponsor's name over the front of it. This also has the bonus that it won't obviously go out of date in a year's time, I know they'll bring out a new training range but you get what i mean

I've just purchased the other grey training top....well, I think i have, got through the payment page and it just came up with basket empty , nothing in my email inbox so i've no idea..
The new kits are poor on 17:41 - Jul 16 with 1929 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The new kits are poor on 17:47 - Jul 16 with 1904 viewshappybeingblue

I was in the club shop a few weeks ago and looked at the new shirt which i think isnt bad tbh,but the stand out shirt for me was the old retro 81 shirt pioneer pin stripe ,it is a thing of beauty in my humble opinion i would have got one there and then but unfortunately no xls in stock :) seems even more poignant with the sad passing of Paul Mariner who looked immaculate in it.
The new kits are poor on 18:01 - Jul 16 with 1848 views44_not_out

So just to clarify, am I allowed to like the kits?
The new kits are poor on 18:08 - Jul 16 with 1829 viewsmonty_radio

The new kits are poor on 16:43 - Jul 16 by OwainG1992

Adapted by Abraham Lincoln, whose team also took to wearing a darkish blue, I believe.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024