Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm 19:58 - Jul 16 with 1267 viewsRyorry

With "rockumentary" 'Life in 12 bars'. Then at 11.05 'The rock n roll years' - archive performances.

Hello Eric Clapton, where are you, coooooeeeeeeee ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:01 - Jul 16 with 1261 viewsCoastalblue

Is it OK to like him> He has a bit of questionable past? I remember seeing him in about 84? He did have amazing charisma, just stood, played guitar, sang, hard to take your eyes off him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:05 - Jul 16 with 1243 viewsRyorry

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:01 - Jul 16 by Coastalblue

Is it OK to like him> He has a bit of questionable past? I remember seeing him in about 84? He did have amazing charisma, just stood, played guitar, sang, hard to take your eyes off him.

Wasn't aware of anything but I'm far from being all-encompassing knowledgeable re music & musicians of the era. Will have a look tho.

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:09 - Jul 16 with 1228 viewsBloots

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:01 - Jul 16 by Coastalblue

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:16 - Jul 16 with 1224 viewsBlueBadger

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:09 - Jul 16 by Bloots

Just a bit of a c0ck in general. He can't even blame drink and drugs for it now, though.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-pr

See also: Van Morrison.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/06/van-morrison-new-record-project-vo
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 21:59]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:20 - Jul 16 with 1216 viewsRyorry

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:09 - Jul 16 by Bloots

Some of the greatest artists have been absolutely vile people tho - thinking of antisemitic TS Eliot & fascist Ezra Pound e.g. It's all very conflicting. Perhaps we need to redefine what "great" art is, but that's a philosophical debate that's been going on for centuries, so I don't think we're gonna sort it out by 9pm. Tho maybe if Zombies is about ...

Out of curiosity.... on 20:27 - Jul 16 with 1211 viewsBloots

Isn't he a massive, massive racist? (n/t) on 20:20 - Jul 16 by Ryorry

Some of the greatest artists have been absolutely vile people tho - thinking of antisemitic TS Eliot & fascist Ezra Pound e.g. It's all very conflicting. Perhaps we need to redefine what "great" art is, but that's a philosophical debate that's been going on for centuries, so I don't think we're gonna sort it out by 9pm. Tho maybe if Zombies is about ...

...and a vague memory, I just looked at his wiki page.

It's not pleasant reading to be honest.

As an aside I'm not particularly keen on his music either, I think he overplays and is essentially guitar w*nking.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:29 - Jul 16 with 1203 viewsFtnfwest

Clapton is god. Prefer Jimmy Page but Clapton outlasted him and was at the top of his game still 10 or 15 years ago.
Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:33 - Jul 16 with 1194 viewsSeablu

Google him.
Absolute bas*ard of the highest order.
Last Leg is on channel 4 at 10pm in case you’re at a loose end.
Login to get fewer ads

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:39 - Jul 16 with 1167 viewsCoachRob

Watch White Riot instead.
Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:45 - Jul 16 with 1162 viewsSeablu

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:29 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

Clapton is god. Prefer Jimmy Page but Clapton outlasted him and was at the top of his game still 10 or 15 years ago.

god?
He stated that Jamaicans don’t belong here and recently joined the anti covid lockdown brigade.
Bloke’s an utter wa*ker.
Out of curiosity.... on 20:46 - Jul 16 with 1157 viewsBlueBadger

Out of curiosity.... on 20:27 - Jul 16 by Bloots

As an aside I'm not particularly keen on his music either, I think he overplays and is essentially guitar w*nking.

Less is more, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:02 - Jul 16 with 1106 viewsFtnfwest

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 20:45 - Jul 16 by Seablu

god?
He stated that Jamaicans don’t belong here and recently joined the anti covid lockdown brigade.
Bloke’s an utter wa*ker.

If the chance to vote for him ever arises, I’ll make sure I don’t then
Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:20 - Jul 16 with 1090 viewsSeablu

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:02 - Jul 16 by Ftnfwest

If the chance to vote for him ever arises, I’ll make sure I don’t then

Fair play.
You might want to watch out for Jim Davidson & Lee Hurst in case they stand as well.
Out of curiosity.... on 21:49 - Jul 16 with 1053 viewsfactual_blue

Downhill since his album with John Mayall.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Out of curiosity.... on 22:07 - Jul 16 with 1050 viewsLord_Lucan

I've never seen what the fuss was about.

Too tight for me, he doesn't roll.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Out of curiosity.... on 22:47 - Jul 16 with 1019 viewsBlueBadger

Out of curiosity.... on 22:07 - Jul 16 by Lord_Lucan

I've never seen what the fuss was about.

Too tight for me, he doesn't roll.

All technique, no soul, innit.

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 10:11 - Jul 17 with 930 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 10:36 - Jul 17 with 901 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 10:45 - Jul 17 with 892 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 10:55 - Jul 17 with 887 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 11:06 - Jul 17 with 879 viewsRyorry

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 10:45 - Jul 17 by ericclacton

That's a good listen, thanks, tho only had time for the first few minutes.

Re his non-musical life & views - oh dear! tho it seems to me he's as much to be pitied as condemned.

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 11:40 - Jul 17 with 850 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 11:06 - Jul 17 by Ryorry

That's a good listen, thanks, tho only had time for the first few minutes.

Re his non-musical life & views - oh dear! tho it seems to me he's as much to be pitied as condemned.

Spot on nobody is perfect apart from Priti Patel.

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:12 - Jul 17 with 773 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:17 - Jul 17 with 762 viewsericclacton

Eric Clapton night tonight on BBC4 starting 9pm on 21:19 - Jul 17 with 756 viewsericclacton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024